The One Pro Integrated handlebar

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

KotP

by KotP

Also I forgot to add that if anyone reading this thread is interested in the One Pro integrated bar I found a slightly cheaper unbranded Fire Spider version on aliexpress available in both gloss and matte. That's where I got the exploded diagram I posted earlier.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Not sure how wise it is to go with a cheaper version of something that keeps your face from the ground at 50mph.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KotP

by KotP

Maybe so but it's only cheaper because of paint and branding.

It's made in the same batches in the same factory so a 'branded' version is not any safer than the 'cheaper' one. We're not talking Enve or Vision copies versus the real deal here.

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

You know this is the manufacturer to all the "one pro bar" and all the other ones? Although cannot say for the one with different clamp... But wouldn't surprise me if it came from the same place...

@KotP mentioned Fire Spider from Aliexpress, thats only the consumer version from the exact same seller, but this one from Alibaba is meant towards B2B but you can still buy single bars for half the price.

I have posted this last year :)

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 2fc2w9Nt1I

max1804

by max1804

eucalyptus wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:20 am
You know this is the manufacturer to all the "one pro bar" and all the other ones? Although cannot say for the one with different clamp... But wouldn't surprise me if it came from the same place...

@KotP mentioned Fire Spider from Aliexpress, thats only the consumer version from the exact same seller, but this one from Alibaba is meant towards B2B but you can still buy single bars for half the price.

But How can you get 1 single unit on alibaba? it shows 20 pieces minimum order quantity.

KotP

by KotP

max1804 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:46 pm

But How can you get 1 single unit on alibaba? it shows 20 pieces minimum order quantity.
It took me a while to figure it out at first but click on 'Get samples' which is located about half way down the top of the page, just above 'Lead time'.

There are also several other variants/listings of the same bar on alibaba, this one is by a brand Topcarbon. You can also buy a single unit.
eucalyptus wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:20 am

Yes, I did see you post about it in the other One Pro topic. Thanks for the chinertown links, I read through your posts a few months back and it was very informative. I did consider buying from alibaba but I couldn't work out at the time how to order just one :wink:

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Even of it's the same factory, they take no risk selling unbranded if it's something that would fail QC. Even the best factories make bad batches. You'd be surprised how many carbon parts get rejected in reputable factories. I wouldn't trust Ali bars to go through the same process and weed out the dangerous parts/batches.

daniel87

by daniel87

TidyDinosaur wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:59 pm
The same handlebar was included with my Hygge frame. Some pictures in this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=172594&start=15

Looks great. And how is the Hygge Frame? I check this Frame for my next Bike.

TidyDinosaur

by TidyDinosaur

daniel87 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:14 am
Looks great. And how is the Hygge Frame? I check this Frame for my next Bike.
The frame is allright. I have only done about 150km on it and it feels a little harsher than the TFSA (SL6 clone) I had before. The handlebar feels very stiff (although the 2 rides I did were just flat endurance rides on my own with no sprinting or climbing).

One problem I encountered is that the chainstays seem to be really wide and I hit them with my heels even with my +5mm pedal axles... So I'll have to experiment with some pedal washers to see if I can get that sorted out.

Kubackjeee

by Kubackjeee

BigBoyND wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:14 am
Even of it's the same factory, they take no risk selling unbranded if it's something that would fail QC. Even the best factories make bad batches. You'd be surprised how many carbon parts get rejected in reputable factories. I wouldn't trust Ali bars to go through the same process and weed out the dangerous parts/batches.
Are you speaking from experience or your only source is "trust me bro"?

Because I have experience with Chinese carbon. And if you wanna talk bars I have spcycle carbon integrated handlebars on my gravel bike. And I am 85kg jacked guy that does big power number, rides fast, race ultra, do singeltracks, crashed on this bar 3 times. It is going strong. So tbh just stfu, becuase you are spreading false informations, based on zero personal experience.
Scott addict rc
Specialized Diverge e5 comp 2019

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Kubackjeee wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:20 am
BigBoyND wrote:

Because I have experience with Chinese carbon. And if you wanna talk bars I have spcycle carbon integrated handlebars on my gravel bike. And I am 85kg jacked guy that does big power number, rides fast, race ultra, do singeltracks, crashed on this bar 3 times. It is going strong. So tbh just stfu, becuase you are spreading false informations, based on zero personal experience.
Dear jacked big-power bro,

Your experience is n=1. I have worked in carbon manufacturing for bike components including cockpits. Maybe my "zero personal experience" is more relevant than yours.

If 99% units of a bar are safe, then most riders (like you) will be perfectly fine. But a 1% failure rate would be unacceptable risk to me when it comes to parts that keep my teeth away from pavement. I can't eliminate risk, but I can reduce it. You might be fine with that risk, and that's okay, but QC is not at the same level when there are no repercussions for failing them (unbranded Ali/eBay stuff). As with everything, this is a general rule with exceptions.

Kubackjeee

by Kubackjeee

BigBoyND wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:56 am
Kubackjeee wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:20 am
BigBoyND wrote:

Dear jacked big-power bro,

Your experience is n=1. I have worked in carbon manufacturing for bike components including cockpits. Maybe my "zero personal experience" is more relevant than yours.

If 99% units of a bar are safe, then most riders (like you) will be perfectly fine. But a 1% failure rate would be unacceptable risk to me when it comes to parts that keep my teeth away from pavement. I can't eliminate risk, but I can reduce it. You might be fine with that risk, and that's okay, but QC is not at the same level when there are no repercussions for failing them (unbranded Ali/eBay stuff). As with everything, this is a general rule with exceptions.
Dear carbon expert,

You are spreading misinformation once again. Those are not unbranded items - they are called the one, fire spider, spcycle etc. Those are local chineese brands and make good parts. Deal with it that there are companies outside of your overpriced bubble.
Scott addict rc
Specialized Diverge e5 comp 2019

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Kubackjeee wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:05 am

Dear carbon expert,

You are spreading misinformation once again. Those are not unbranded items - they are called the one, fire spider, spcycle etc. Those are local chineese brands and make good parts. Deal with it that there are companies outside of your overpriced bubble.
Try reading before losing your mind over nothing.

I never mentioned The One. I was responding to someone saying there are listings on Alibaba with alternate names or unbranded that you can buy cheaper. I was explicitly calling out "unbranded" bars in the first post that you quoted.

I trust the established Chinese brands enough, but not the unbranded stuff even if it comes out of the same factory, for the QC reasons I explained.

aaronffs

by aaronffs

amazing discourse going on here in the last couple posts
hello

tonimartini

by tonimartini

Has anyone installed the One Pro handlebar on the Cannondale SuperSix Evo 4 yet? I'm considering the One Pro but would need an M8-sized top cap lock nut that fits around the SSE4 expander plug screw:
C1 stem.png
C1 stem.png (52.29 KiB) Viewed 1067 times

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com