Canyon arrived scratched

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Gaz9

by Gaz9

AB0F9ABF-AB06-454A-A72A-2E90A2AF4020.jpeg
Hi,

Received my grizl cf today but noticed scratch on BB area is this just paint damage? The bike hadn't been out or ridden so I don't even know how it's happened? Looks like chain drop somehow. Also the scratches look almost metallic. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

alanyu

by alanyu

Mail canyon. Probably you will get a replacement w/o shipping back, but they would require you cut this frame.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

raggedtrousers

by raggedtrousers

Notify Canyon and say you're rejecting it, and require a refund or replacement. There's no way I'd accept a brand new bike with that kind of mark.

Gaz9

by Gaz9

Thanks, yeah I'm pretty disappointed to say the least. Has anyone had experience returning one of their bikes? Kids have been playing with the bike box but as soon as I noticed the problem I salvaged as much of the bike box as I could so it's probably still good enough to send back. I assume they'd send a courier to collect?

It's a real pain iv been waiting long enough for it!

s3si1u

by s3si1u

Ouch. That looks like a mark I made on my frame once when installing a BB with the wrong tool...
I'd definitely push for a new one. Not sure how Canyon operates, but maybe a nice discount if you're okay with the scratch.

morrisond

by morrisond

That looks like Carbon is missing.

Definitely return it.

RDY

by RDY

s3si1u wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:23 pm
Ouch. That looks like a mark I made on my frame once when installing a BB with the wrong tool...
I'd definitely push for a new one. Not sure how Canyon operates, but maybe a nice discount if you're okay with the scratch.
Yeah, that looks like someone shit the bed with a BB tool.

Maddie

by Maddie

Maybe an outlet bike that was already used for a ride by a previous owner?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973U1 mit Tapatalk

Cannoli

by Cannoli

looks like a chain drop gone really wrong!
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

Gaz9

by Gaz9

Thanks everyone yeah I didn't know if it was returned and they've sent it out to me, I can't imagine that damage was done and went unoticed at canyon but Iv sent them a message and hopefully they'll get back to me tomorrow. Iv got a few bikes and Iv never seen anything like it on a new bike. Downside of buying blind online I guess

Gaz9

by Gaz9

Iv been offered £70 partial refund to cover touch up paint (or 90 to use at canyon) but to be honest Iv no idea where I'd get or how / who applies the paint. They said it looks like chain drop so I'm completely confused as to how that could happen on a brand new bike?!

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

Frankly, that's completely crap from Canyon. Offering £70 for that level of damage is a joke.

I'd just send it back and ask for another one.

caballero

by caballero

Steve Curtis wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:46 pm
Frankly, that's completely crap from Canyon. Offering £70 for that level of damage is a joke.

from my experience, and experience of friends this is typical of canyon. utter shite ...

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

caballero wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:20 pm
Steve Curtis wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:46 pm

from my experience, and experience of friends this is typical of canyon. utter shite ...

I've never owned one. I'm not a social media junky, but id be posting pics asking them if £70 really is the best they can do before it's returned.

It isn't acceptable at any price, let alone the current market rates. Possibly ping mapdeck as they've just helped a customer with a canyon which arrived damaged.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Gaz9

by Gaz9

Thanks for the advice yeah I'm not happy at all about it, I did post them the photos and that's what I was offered. can I ask what's mapdeck?