Prime Primavera X-Light Pro handlebars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

octav

by octav

They are true on size or like Deda/FSA? 40 is really 40 c-c on the hoods? At the moment I have a 44 Deda (which is 42 c-c in the hoods) so would like to go a size smaller 40c-c in the hoods

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Seph

by Seph

gurk700 wrote:I have a Primavera aero and LOVE those skiinny drops. Love the bar in general too for price / performance especially.
It's going on my A-bike soon
Totally agree. This is just a gem.
The ergonomics is amazing, everyone interested must try because by looking at online photos you just can't understand. Another hidden feature is the corner on the upper part, seems carved based on the hand palm and feel so amazing to leave the hands on that point.
But I have to admit , in the skinny area on the drops I used a double wrap because feels too skinny on my hands but still I can feel the comfy shape when I grab.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 9 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

gurk700

by gurk700

Seph wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:36 pm
gurk700 wrote:I have a Primavera aero and LOVE those skiinny drops. Love the bar in general too for price / performance especially.
It's going on my A-bike soon
Totally agree. This is just a gem.
The ergonomics is amazing, everyone interested must try because by looking at online photos you just can't understand. Another hidden feature is the corner on the upper part, seems carved based on the hand palm and feel so amazing to leave the hands on that point.
But I have to admit , in the skinny area on the drops I used a double wrap because feels too skinny on my hands but still I can feel the comfy shape when I grab.

Yes! Also to be honest by looking at photos I didn't like the cornered tops at all at first but I was pretty low on choices since I really wanted a 36cm affordable light aerobar with cable outlet in the stem clamp area.
So I settled with it hoping I don't hate it.

I REALLY, REALLY like the looks of this thing. Pleasantly surprised on how good it looks in person.

Seph

by Seph

Fun fact, deda developed a new handlebar with half of the characteristics of the prime aero hehe

Seph

by Seph

Yesterday I was inspecting my bike and also installing a new handlebar tape until I realized something is wrong.
Before installing the handlebars, I asked at prime's support if I can use a BMC ics stem with his own gps mount. They claimed yes but use with the recommended torque.
When I removed the handlebar I noticed a weird sign,
Is not a crack but I don't think is normal tho.
But the inside is super clear.
I don't think is going to get broken soon but probably is not so compatible as they claimed.
Let's wait
IMG_20230919_204702.jpg
IMG_20230919_204602.jpg

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Seph wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am
Yesterday I was inspecting my bike and also installing a new handlebar tape until I realized something is wrong.
Before installing the handlebars, I asked at prime's support if I can use a BMC ics stem with his own gps mount. They claimed yes but use with the recommended torque.
When I removed the handlebar I noticed a weird sign,
Is not a crack but I don't think is normal tho.
But the inside is super clear.
I don't think is going to get broken soon but probably is not so compatible as they claimed.
Let's wait IMG_20230919_204602.jpgIMG_20230919_204702.jpg

Isnt that just some of the grippy contact area scrapped off and mixed with carbon paste making the lines white ?

Wash it, scrub it and take close up pictures and see if it makes a difference.

Seph

by Seph

Is on the grippy part. Maybe I can wait a bit more and inspect after a few weeks.
I must remove a bit of the grippy part to see under it.
In the photo has already been cleared.

Seph

by Seph

Update. I had to send back the handlebar since a crack start forming near the area I shared before. They inspected and sent me a refound for faulty item.
For me the fault is caused by the BMC's Garmin mount.

glepore

by glepore

Recently purchased an aliexpress bar that combines the shape of the aero with the weight of the xtralite-Kocevelo SL. No 36, 38-44. Slight 10 degree flare. My 38's came in at 145g. $60 usd. The layup looks very nice, internally and externally. Have one ride on them and didn't notice any excessive flex. Taping the drops requires major stretching...
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806292383376
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

AM7Jeremy

by AM7Jeremy

glepore wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:34 pm
Recently purchased an aliexpress bar that combines the shape of the aero with the weight of the xtralite-Kocevelo SL. No 36, 38-44. Slight 10 degree flare. My 38's came in at 145g. $60 usd. The layup looks very nice, internally and externally. Have one ride on them and didn't notice any excessive flex. Taping the drops requires major stretching...
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806292383376
Can you repost link it's not working

glepore

by glepore

AM7Jeremy wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:11 pm

Try https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806292383376.html
or search kocevelo sl handlebar-a number of sellers have them.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Seph

by Seph

glepore wrote:
AM7Jeremy wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:11 pm

Try https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806292383376.html
or search kocevelo sl handlebar-a number of sellers have them.
This brand is interesting, I found the knock off of the l05a pads... But honestly I'm kinda scared to use cheap pads.
We should open a tread dedicated to those cheapo parts.