Prime Primavera X-Light Pro handlebars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

e4rthm0ver

by e4rthm0ver

bgoksay wrote:
e4rthm0ver wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:18 pm
And side view:
Do you have any further information to share? How does it feel as you ride it? I have doubts about its strength since it is super light. I generally ride on hilly routes. Can it handle some heavy braking or steep climbs? It would be super cool if you answer my questions :)
Bars feel perfectly fine and stiff enough for
me coming from alloy deda rhm bars. My ride profiles look like a comb with a lot of short steep climbs (avg ride is 120-180m of elevation / 10km) and i don’t detect any excessive flex when climbing out of the saddle or breaking on steep descends. Overall I highly recommend those, I was a bit skeptical about a bit triangular shape of drops but it turned out to be really comfy and I tend to chill a lot more in the drops when riding on flats than before

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TwiggyForest

by TwiggyForest

Damn, I just bought some AliExpress 38cm bars before Christmas because the Prime Extralight and Primavera bars were out of stock. Might give them a run for a while to confirm sizing and change to the Primavera in a few months.

Seph

by Seph

TwiggyForest wrote:Damn, I just bought some AliExpress 38cm bars before Christmas because the Prime Extralight and Primavera bars were out of stock. Might give them a run for a while to confirm sizing and change to the Primavera in a few months.
Keep until are you going to get the prime.
I'm still undecided about the aero or light version.
But I'll wait some sales before buy

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 9 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

bgoksay

by bgoksay

e4rthm0ver wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:02 pm
bgoksay wrote:
e4rthm0ver wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:18 pm
And side view:
Do you have any further information to share? How does it feel as you ride it? I have doubts about its strength since it is super light. I generally ride on hilly routes. Can it handle some heavy braking or steep climbs? It would be super cool if you answer my questions :)
Bars feel perfectly fine and stiff enough for
me coming from alloy deda rhm bars. My ride profiles look like a comb with a lot of short steep climbs (avg ride is 120-180m of elevation / 10km) and i don’t detect any excessive flex when climbing out of the saddle or breaking on steep descends. Overall I highly recommend those, I was a bit skeptical about a bit triangular shape of drops but it turned out to be really comfy and I tend to chill a lot more in the drops when riding on flats than before
Thanks for the insight. I will also share my thoughts once i start to use it.

Seph

by Seph

Guys if someone is interested on CRC the x-light is available at 50% discount for the 44cm version.
Also Anyone knows hoe much the handlebar were priced during the christmas sales?

bgoksay

by bgoksay

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-11 at 18.32.29 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-04-11 at 18.32.29.jpeg
I've just recieved my primaveras. It looks better than the images on wiggle in my opinion. Although I haven't ride yet, it feels pretty solid. I did some "do not try at home" tests such as placing all my weight to the handlebar lifting myself up, ( :D ) and it didn't even flex. I will update my insight once I ride. So far, recommended.

Seph

by Seph

thanks for sharing

bgoksay

by bgoksay

Hi folks. It has been 800kms since I started to use the primavera x-light pro handlebar, 4 of my rides being120+ kms. I pretty much rode it all types of surfaces, even on gravel a little. And I must say that i am quite satisfied how it worked. I haven't noticed any safety issues. On the contrary, it has built confidence from the first kilometer. I even reached 90km/h on a downhill and didn't even doubt about it. Recommended.

Pyotrump

by Pyotrump

Mine(360mm) arrived today. 157 as described. Image

나의 SM-G977N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Pyotrump

by Pyotrump

Double post

Seph

by Seph

Awesome. TNX for sharing

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 9 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

Pyotrump

by Pyotrump

Hood to hood 270mm

Haven't riden it yet but very promising.

Seph

by Seph

Hello. Finally I ordered mine. Any advice how much torque should I get on levers bolt?
Also with the BMC ics steam would it require a different way to install or just trow him inside with the recommend torque?

bgoksay

by bgoksay

Seph wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:55 am
Hello. Finally I ordered mine. Any advice how much torque should I get on levers bolt?
Also with the BMC ics steam would it require a different way to install or just trow him inside with the recommend torque?
5 Nm as far as I know.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gurk700

by gurk700

I have a Primavera aero and LOVE those skiinny drops. Love the bar in general too for price / performance especially.
It's going on my A-bike soon