Pre DUB Quarq DZero Spider replacement

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JeanMarc

by JeanMarc

Hello everyboy,

In 2018, I bought a Trek Domane equipped with a (pre DUB) Quarq DZero power meter like on this picture :
sram_red_dzero_etap_quarq_power_meter_complete_crankset_gxp__110_bcd_hidden_bolt
sram_red_dzero_etap_quarq_power_meter_complete_crankset_gxp__110_bcd_hidden_bolt
sram_red_dzero_etap_quarq_power_meter_complete_crankset_gxp__110_bcd_hidden_bolt.jpg (62.76 KiB) Viewed 480 times
Few days ago, the Quarq spider battery compartment got destroyed :cry:
So, I need to replace the (Pre DUB) Quarq DZero spider .....

Involved parts are :
Bottom bracket: BB90 GXP ---> I keep that (no choice)
Crankarms : SRAM RED eTap GXP - 172.5mm - Exogram 8-bolt Interface ---> I would like to keep those
Power meter spider : Quarq DZero "pre DUB" 110 BCD - Hidden bolt ---> I need to replace that (Quarq battery compartment snatched out)
Chainrings : SRAM 110 BCD 50/34 Teeth - 11 Speeds ---> I would like to keep that

After having browsed on the net, I understand the only option is to buy a SRAM Quarq Power Meter DZero DUB AXS Spider | BCD 110 mm
https://r2-bike.com/SRAM-Quarq-Power-Me ... BCD-110-mm

I read that the use of this 2022 Quarq Spider is possible in lieu of a pre DUB Quarq spider but it would introduce some chainring offset ..... :?:

Shoud you have face similar situation, what is your experience ?

Thank in advance

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

JeanMarc wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:10 am

I read that the use of this 2022 Quarq Spider is possible in lieu of a pre DUB Quarq spider but it would introduce some chainring offset ..... :?:

It's really not enough to matter.

You can optionally try a Sigeyi, Xcadey or Magene spider-based power meter as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dvq

by dvq

Can't you simply replace the battery compartment itself? They are affixed with a single screw if I remember correctly? I think I even have one laying around from a dead dzero red.

JeanMarc

by JeanMarc

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:53 am
JeanMarc wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:10 am

It's really not enough to matter.

You can optionally try a Sigeyi, Xcadey or Magene spider-based power meter as well.
Ok, good to know ! I am just curious though as to why they call it DUB Quarq spider .... Thank you anyway.

As far as replacing the battery compartment itself, I need to spend some time on this option. You are right : just one small screw ! that would be great !