2023 Pro Vibe Superlight Cockpit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

vanitypl

by vanitypl

Has anyone here had the opportunity to see any of Pro's new weight weenie cockpit in person? I remember it being announced later last year but haven't seen any updates since the reveal.
Weights seem fairly competitive considering the internal routing compatibility (sub-260g claimed for the bar and stem) so figured I'd be seeing a bit more buzz. The stem also seems like a decently priced, light 1 1/4 stem, which is much needed when most non-boutique options are 160g+.
Anyone manage to get their hands on these yet?

Sock3t

by Sock3t

I feel like no one is carrying Pro anymore in the USA. It's super annoying.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Sock3t wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:36 am
I feel like no one is carrying Pro anymore in the USA. It's super annoying.
Really limited stock on Shimano adjacent products making it into North America.

kroem

by kroem

Is there a suitable headset for the stem? Looks pretty nice.
Current
Waltly Gravel (stolen... and found!)
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old
Canyon Ultimate SLX 6.7kg (crashed)
Tantan GR039 7.2kg (sold)

tmrace

by tmrace

kroem wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:39 am
Is there a suitable headset for the stem? Looks pretty nice.
I'd also like to know more about which headset/spacer set is supposed to pair with the new stem and bar for the internal routed set up, but I have found zero information about that so far.

IndianaCones

by IndianaCones

Both bar and stem were on the Australian website but I rang Shimano to make an enquiry and they told me they won't land in Aus till late 23 and have since been removed from the website. Shame because they look like they'll work with most (all?) internally routed frames

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I realize Pro/Shimano claim it can do fully internal routing, but can't imagine how unless the fork has a D-shaped steerer.

vanitypl

by vanitypl

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:47 am
I realize Pro/Shimano claim it can do fully internal routing, but can't imagine how unless the fork has a D-shaped steerer.
The renders certainly make it seem that way, which is one of the reasons I was curious if anyone had actually tried it out.
It definitely doesn't seem like it has the extra space to work with the standard round steerer internal routing that most brands are doing, so I'd assume that there are just a few bikes that could do full internal and all the other ones have to settle for a "semi-internal" approach where the hoses just go under the stem and into the headset. Plenty of brands have made this look clean, but I think it's very dependent on having appropriate spacers.
I'm sure this'll all be cleared up when they actually hit stores in 20XX, but I was really hoping to grab one of these before the season started which is looking incredibly unlikely at this point.

e4rthm0ver

by e4rthm0ver

Nowhere to be seen also in EU
I really wanted to get those bars for new season as they seem to tick all the boxes:
- perfect reach/drop/shape (for me)
- internal routing
- exceptionally light
- should be stiff like every PRO offering

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

I asked a mechanic and he said 45 days for the bar, this was early January.
Looks like a lot of the pro bars have been on sale recently. But I can't see it being shipped any time soon... Or else it would had been published especially by websites like R2 saying "coming soon" with a launching date...

There is no bar like the Pro carrying internal routing, that light and without 90kg weight limit. A shame it doesn't have 10m offset drops

Sock3t

by Sock3t

eucalyptus wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:51 pm
I asked a mechanic and he said 45 days for the bar, this was early January.
Looks like a lot of the pro bars have been on sale recently. But I can't see it being shipped any time soon... Or else it would had been published especially by websites like R2 saying "coming soon" with a launching date...

There is no bar like the Pro carrying internal routing, that light and without 90kg weight limit. A shame it doesn't have 10m offset drops
Same - I can't find it anywhere

vanitypl

by vanitypl

Got an update today that the current backorder dates (for Canada at least) still say late March/early April for the bar and standard stem, but the 1 1/4 stems don't have any real ETA yet (apart from a placeholder "May 2025"), which is a bit of a bummer.
I imagine shops in the US should start seeing demos in the next month or so, as things usually take a bit longer to trickle up here

Sock3t

by Sock3t

Handlebars have finally come available this week in Japan. If you've got a friend there, they should be able to get you one.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Sock3t wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:08 pm
Handlebars have finally come available this week in Japan. If you've got a friend there, they should be able to get you one.
Do you know if the new Pro Aerofuel saddle is available there to?
I can't even get a picture of it :(
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.