Pinarello dogma f5?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

r1der

by r1der

Lina wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:49 pm
It's clearly not the Dogma F with different decals.
Help me find the obvious difference, please. But I guess we are pretty much still speculating.

By the looks of it, this might as well be a baked Dogma F frame that didn't quite make QA for weight targets.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

r1der

by r1der

I see it now. Different seatpost clamping and increased wheelbase as apparent by increased tire-frame gaps front and rear.

Hope they lightened the seatpost clamp because the one from my Prince FX weighs 50g.

Lina

by Lina

r1der wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:40 pm
I see it now. Different seatpost clamping and increased wheelbase as apparent by increased tire-frame gaps front and rear.

Hope they lightened the seatpost clamp because the one from my Prince FX weighs 50g.
Also different downtube, seattube, and BB area. I bet there's some differences in the rear triangle also. It's very clearly not the Dogma F or F12 in a different paintjob. In fact I'd suspect the increased tire-frame gaps are because of the different down/seattube designs and not because of increased wheelbase.

peti562

by peti562

It’s not just F5.

There will be F5, F7 and F9 below the Dogma F.

F5 is with T700 and 105di2 around 6k euros
F7 is with T900 and untegra di2 for around 8.5k
F9 is same T900 as F7 just DA for 11k ish

I saw them months ago when they were shown to dealers at the Granfondo Pinarello. All looked the same geometry and mold. Not sure why they aren’t released yet but there are places where you can pre order already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

I wonder if Pinarello have seen the problems they actually have to face with Dogma F in todays market and potential customers.
Financially, it's not working to have these prices as Dogma F. Since they can't drop the price 2000 Euro of these framesets, they have to do something.
They've done this relatively fast i must say!
Last edited by wheelsONfire on Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

skinnybex

by skinnybex

wheelsONfire wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:13 pm
I wonder if Piarello have seen the problems they actually have to face with Dogma F in todays market and potential customers.
Financially, it's not working to have these prices as Dogma F. Since they can't drop the price 2000 Euro of these framesets, they have to do something.
Pinarello are having no problems selling every frame they produce at those eye-watering prices. I'm a member of 3 Pinarello FB groups and 80% of the posts showing off new bikes are riders from Asian descent. I'm in no way trying to come of as racist or culturally disrespectful but those are the parts of the world where these owners try to outdo friends and have Princeton wheels, full ceramicspeed everything and generally go out at a coffee ride pace. Just facts. The F5/7/9 will sell less combined then the flagship F
23’ Cervelo Soloist / 6.88kg - 1x Crit Bike
22' Cervelo R5 / 6.35kg - Climbing Bike
22' Cervelo Caledonia 5 / 7.55kg - Travel Bike
21' Cervelo Aspero / 8.06kg - Gravel Travel Bike
23' Cervelo Aspero 5 / 8.25kg - Gravel Race Bike

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

skinnybex wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:44 pm
wheelsONfire wrote:
I wonder if Piarello have seen the problems they actually have to face with Dogma F in todays market and potential customers.
Pinarello are having no problems selling every frame they produce at those eye-watering prices. I'm a member of 3 Pinarello FB groups and 80% of the posts showing off new bikes are riders from Asian descent. I'm in no way trying to come of as racist or culturally disrespectful but those are the parts of the world where these owners try to outdo friends and have Princeton wheels, full ceramicspeed everything and generally go out at a coffee ride pace. Just facts. The F5/7/9 will sell less combined then the flagship F
That's kind of sad in a way, becoming a symbol for perfection aimed at bragging.
I'm still sure they F5 and F7 is really aimed at normal cyclists as the Dogma F isn't really anything near value for money.
It could have been lowered in price, but that would probably be a kill-blow at the same time.
I remember when F10 and F12 were sold at 40-50% discount at Wiggle.
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

skinnybex wrote:
wheelsONfire wrote:
It's this. It's not cycling as we know it for fitness or performance but it is huge in Asia. Check out Instagram. Almost every photo is in small ring with a giant phone strapped to the top of stem. It's for fashion and showing off somehow. Really weird.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk

Never cheer before you know who is winning

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

wheelbuilder wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:19 am
skinnybex wrote:
wheelsONfire wrote:
It's this. It's not cycling as we know it for fitness or performance but it is huge in Asia. Check out Instagram. Almost every photo is in small ring with a giant phone strapped to the top of stem. It's for fashion and showing off somehow. Really weird.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
I would tear my hair off looking at those pics if i were a designer at Pinarello.
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

peti562

by peti562

The new Pinarello range (F9/F7/F5) apparently goes public on 22nd February.

r1der

by r1der

Let see what groupsets made it into the final products. The old mechnical 105 from the pictures of page 2 probably not.

ch00bzs

by ch00bzs

I'm Asian and I approve this statement lol

Even in Indonesia, most of them prefer Pinarello than handmade, artisan bicycle frame
skinnybex wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:44 pm
wheelsONfire wrote:
wheelbuilder wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:19 am
]It's this. It's not cycling as we know it for fitness or performance but it is huge in Asia. Check out Instagram. Almost every photo is in small ring with a giant phone strapped to the top of stem. It's for fashion and showing off somehow. Really weird.
In my opinion, it's how the Ineos / Pro Tour Sponsorship marketing done right. Just like Specialized (or S-works in particular since most of them only want that instead the cheaper Specialized one lol), having winning pedigrees sell more.

Well, for me id like to see them just as they see expensive racing bike like a sports car. You don't need to have advanced driving skills (just as a racer) and go fast with that vehicle to own and ride it. It's just how it is.
Last edited by ch00bzs on Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

peti562

by peti562

It looks like the cheapest endurance model (the successor of Paris) has the 105 mech, but F5/F7/F9 Di2 only, covering the three levels of Di2
r1der wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:06 am
Let see what groupsets made it into the final products. The old mechnical 105 from the pictures of page 2 probably not.

r1der

by r1der

Paris might be the "X-Series" then.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com