Pinarello dogma f5?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

After the Dogma K10s and FS, that were hardly sold, really heavy because of 5mm of travel, only build for one race a season, and more expensive than a standard F10/ F12, I really wouldn't hold my breath for this bike.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

Lina

by Lina

FlatlandClimber wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:09 am
After the Dogma K10s and FS, that were hardly sold, really heavy because of 5mm of travel, only build for one race a season, and more expensive than a standard F10/ F12, I really wouldn't hold my breath for this bike.
But this is a completely different proposition than those were. This is basically a rebranded Prince, which from what I've gathered has sold. The difference being that this one maybe has the Dogma geo unlike Prince which has been a bit slacker. This one clearly isn't from the same mold as the F or even the F12, but it's close to them. If it has the Dogma geometry it's basically what the Cervelo Soloist is and what the second tier frames are from other brands, think non S-Works Specialized, SL Trek, SLX Canyon, etc. The difference to the latter being that it's not identical in looks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

No one has info on geometry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DmitryYakunin

by DmitryYakunin

What is the point of making a bike with almost the same geometry as F, branded as Dogma F, with color as Dogma F My Way and selling it for twice less? Nobody will differentiate it on the road. I could buy it and tell my friends it is Dogma F My Way...

P.s: Was owner of 65.1, F8, K10 and F12 Ineos (frame owned by Johnathan Castroviejo).

spartan

by spartan

you sound like a person who is more interested what about other people think of your bikes perceived cost vs performance. #verySAD

specialized use same strategy for tarmac.

DmitryYakunin wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:18 am
What is the point of making a bike with almost the same geometry as F, branded as Dogma F, with color as Dogma F My Way and selling it for twice less? Nobody will differentiate it on the road. I could buy it and tell my friends it is Dogma F My Way...

P.s: Was owner of 65.1, F8, K10 and F12 Ineos (frame owned by Johnathan Castroviejo).
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

DmitryYakunin

by DmitryYakunin

spartan wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:15 am
you sound like a person who is more interested what about other people think of your bikes perceived cost vs performance. #verySAD
specialized use same strategy for tarmac.
Everybody uses the same strategy. Cycling business is an art of how to sell $300 frame for $6000. Same as Gucci bag business or Rolex watches. And the funniest part is that maybe 20% of Dogma F10/12/F owners could feel the difference between these frames with "closed eyes", neither stiffness, nor aerodynamics. Other roughly 80% just need a nice bike to show off, have their Sunday ride and a feeling that you can "afford this bullet".
I averaging 150W during 70-75 miles 4-hour ride along 101hwy in San Diego County. And I usually overtaken by 5-6 riders during any Sunday ride, when thousands are on the road at the same time. Others just pushing 100W in a group or riding their 15mph as a recreational ride. Doesn't matter F12 or old Peugeot bike.

Mindflash

by Mindflash

DmitryYakunin wrote:

Well, isn't the likes of Specialized doing the same with S-Works and non S-Work frames? And it's not the only one..

DmitryYakunin

by DmitryYakunin

Mindflash wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:04 am
DmitryYakunin wrote:

Well, isn't the likes of Specialized doing the same with S-Works and non S-Work frames? And it's not the only one..
Correct. But at least I could see huge S-Works logo almost everywhere.
The production cost of frames, for instance, Venge VIAS Pro and S-Works Venge VIAS is the same. Same Fact 11r carbon. Just layup and color is different. It is the same $200-300 frame, doesn't matter S-Works or Pro.

But...

There is a huge S-Works logo! And well known colors.
Whats Pinarello offering? Same geometry (the difference is almost non-visible), same carbon, and... same design, logo etc. Even worth, they use Dogma F MyWay color way.
What is the point? Call it just Pinarello F5, do not call it Dogma F5 and do not put F logo on the seat stay (put F5 instead). Differentiate them with unique color, as S-Works do.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

It's different grade of carbon, Torayca in this case (T700, T800, T900, T,1000 and T1100 etc).
Not that the T1100 Dogma F is built from same grade all through, it would be to brittle.
But sure, i agree. The cost of the material doesn't add up with the price tag.
Part from that, the Dogma F is the real deal and that is what you pay for i guess!?
Is it worth it?
Is it worth to pay from UL to DA, from Record to Super record?
We can go on forever about this and we all know the truth (if the perspective is economical value).
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Aress

by Aress

Looks really promissing, i hope they improved their quality on lower models because i heard horror storys wiht Gan and base model prince

r1der

by r1der

So its a Dogma F without the Dogma decal?

Current Prince and Prince FX are 2021 designs, based on the F12. Not that old. They have a relaxed geometry compared to the Dogma, which this doesn't seem to have.

Lina

by Lina

r1der wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:13 pm
So its a Dogma F without the Dogma decal?

Current Prince and Prince FX are 2021 designs, based on the F12. Not that old. They have a relaxed geometry compared to the Dogma, which this doesn't seem to have.
It's clearly not the Dogma F with different decals.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com