Elilee Blize XXE 680g Disc Frame 330g Fork

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Full disclosure: I have reached out to them and they are offering me a slight discount on a frameset, but there have been no terms about what I am and am not allowed to say about it. Doesn't really matter cause I don't even ride bikes anymore LOL

Saw this on Instagram, looks like an interesting proposition if their weight claims are accurate. My only qualm about it is that the frame is BB386, although realistically it shouldn't be a huge issue. I have been in contact with them through Instagram and the English of whoever runs it is pretty good and they are quite responsive, accounting for the time difference of course.

Looking at the front end, it looks like it was directly copied from the SL7. The fork is the same for sure, it shares the same rake, A-C, and general shape.

Bar stem combos:
Not great availability in narrower options, but it seems they are now working with EXS to integrate and make the Aerover available with the frameset. Preliminary pricing is $100 extra. There is also new that their own branded barstem is delayed in manufacturing.

Bars are 75mm reach, 130 drop, stem is -6 degrees, weight of the combo is 330g.

38cm bars 80-100mm stem
40cm bars 80-130mm stem
42cm bars 100-120mm stem

I was told the headset cover stack height is 5mm, but that is 100% not the case soooo
They do not have a Shimano DM compatible RD hanger available.

They were originally planning to release a lighter barstem, but:
alanyu wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:21 pm
230 g stembar is much less possible. The 230g target was initially disigned by EXS with external routing, hence no extra reinforement required. It was just strong enough with little headroom. However, Eliliee wants a 230 g internal routing one on their bike.

Last edited by dudemanppl on Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

Their test bike had R8020 on it so hopefully the production frames are mechanical compatible as well

I was surprised at BB386EVO on the spec sheet considering the design was originally PF30 at the rendering stage

The cockpit was co-developed with EXS and weighs like 230g IIRC

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RDY

by RDY

BB386 is a good thing, not a bad thing. That pricing is really getting up there though ...

eliflap-scalpel

by eliflap-scalpel

Web site?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
http://eliflap.it/

alanyu

by alanyu

The integrated bar and its weight, look like a re-worked XXX stembar

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

I'm personally very attached to good support and warranty access, but am a sucker for the look of those finishes.

Maddie

by Maddie

I ordered a standard blize, not the xxe. Will weigh everything and report when everything's here

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Updated the first post with more info after asking a ton of questions.

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

dudemanppl wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:52 pm
Updated the first post with more info after asking a ton of questions.
Regarding the SL7 similarity, there is a chance that it uses an identically shaped headset cover. The Blize test frame used a The One Pro cockpit with a 3D printed adapter from Niuju. That Niuju piece may well be their regular SL7 retail offering as opposed to a custom one specific to Blize. The production headset cover should be made of carbon.

If true, this means that the headset cover and cockpit could fit on a SL7 like how the Colnago CC.01 cockpit works with Deda spacers. It also means that you could use any adapter meant for the SL7 (Deda, FSA, Farsports, EXS...) to fit cockpits onto the Blize.

MagicShite

by MagicShite

> SEATTUBE 535 for Size 56

GOD DAMN IT I CAN'T RIDE THIS BIKE. :cry:

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Toary carbon. Lol.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk

Never cheer before you know who is winning

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

wheelbuilder wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:21 am
Toary carbon. Lol.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk

I mean, the brand is named Elilee and the bike is the Blize. It's the equivalent of using a bunch of convincing, but nonsense monosyllabic glyphs in a brand name.

The lines just don't do it for me. It's like the lovechild of an Ultimate and Xelius SL.

Maddie

by Maddie

My frameset is supposed to be shipped next week. But the bar/stem is not ready and will be shipped later (3 months +). I'll try to install a different stem in the meantime. If the bearing cap / spacer setup from the SL7 fits, then that would be very good news. I still have some spare parts from the SL7 available.

From what I was being told, a DM hanger is not available.

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

[quote=TobinHatesYou post_id=1784580

The lines just don't do it for me. It's like the lovechild of an Ultimate and Xelius SL.
[/quote]

Sounds like the perfect lovechild to me 😍😍😍
Xelius is just so damn amazing!
Imagine Xelius - Venge 2020 combo omfg!

The SL7 is very nice but can't see the similarities

Maddie

by Maddie

My order has now been switched to an exs aerover bar/stem because the xxe bar/stems seem to be delayed a lot. Exs offers more options. I'm going with the 360/110mm variant.
To me, that is very very good news. It seems they are working on an adapter between blize frame and aerover stem. Looks like sl7 adapter is different to the blize since the sl7 adapter for the aerover is readily available.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com