Elilee Blize XXE 680g Disc Frame 330g Fork

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JohnnyFarsight

by JohnnyFarsight

Hi it's me, the customer who had initial problems with one of the early Elilee framesets.

I just wanted to let you know that the frame replacement arrived some time ago but I did not have time to build the bike! I have now just finished building up the bike.

The replaced frameset is perfectly fine, it's almost like a complete different frame from a different manufacturer. Quality on the new framesest is superb! Smooth machining on the bearings, no lose fibers anywhere, no voids. Well engineered and built bottom bracket.

The bottom bracket is a lot thicker now and has more material around the bearings which is a very good thing in my opinion. Doesn't feel flimsy and paperthin like on my old frameset.
Headset bearing fits perfectly fine without gaps in between. Seat post clamp fits also very nice.

Seems like all the quality issues I had with the first frame are now gone. It looks like a high end frame, better in every aspect than the original frame. In fact it looks nicer than any bike frame I had before.

It seems like they really have upped their quality control. Looking at newer posts from other users the frames seem very good too. So I would recommend buying again.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

boxof13

by boxof13

A quick update on my Elile Blize build. I have pretty much completed the build, all that is left is the handlebar tape. I only plan to put it on after I get all the bike fit settled. So far, the weight of the bike is 6640 gr (without pedal), just a little over my initial predicition. I forgot to add the weight of small things like brake fluid, bolts, etc. Overall, I am happy with the build, considering I did not put a fortune on it.

Here are some breakdowns of the build:

Standard Blize size M, white/gold paint
XXE cockpit 380/100mm
LTWOO eR9 groupset
ZRace brake caliper w/ LTWOO pad (I swapped the original Aluminum piston with ceramic)
Shimano RT-MT900 140/160mm rotors
Racework Crankset 170mm w/ Senicx 50/34 chainring
ZTTO 11-speed 11-28 w/ YBN chain
Thinkrider carbon saddle
Aliexpress carbon bottle cage
Maxxis High Road 28mm w/ RideNow TPU tube

For the wheelset, I bought them directly from Yuanan Bike
UNI 40mm rim (identical to Elite Drive 40D rim)
Pillar Wing20 spokes
Ratchet RD13 hub (DT Swiss style)
Total weight w/ rim tape - 1332 gr

Including my Assioma Duo, I would expect the weight would be just around 7kg. I cannot wait for the winter to be over here in the northern part of the US, so I can start riding the bike.

PXL_20240123_003937151~2.jpg
PXL_20240123_003401552~2.jpg

earicm

by earicm

Hello,

Has anyone tried to get a 7x9 saddle on this bike? I tried to get my vento argo R1 7x9 rails on and I cannot, I tried both seat clamp setups.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

wow what a great looking bike. very nice white and gold

boxof13

by boxof13

earicm wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:51 pm
Hello,

Has anyone tried to get a 7x9 saddle on this bike? I tried to get my vento argo R1 7x9 rails on and I cannot, I tried both seat clamp setups.
I am currently using a saddle with 7x9 rail. It's a little difficult to install, I agree. You basically have to slightly force open the clamp at the back where you have the bolt. I wedge a tire lever until I get enough clearance to put the saddle rail and the metal parts together.

earicm

by earicm

Hello,

Elilee is sending me redesigned seat post clamp. I will let you guys know if its better then the current version. I will also post pictures of the new version.

earicm

by earicm

The redesign is just the same one but no longer flat bottom. Wont fit the fizik saddle because of the space below the saddle is way to tight. It would work with other saddles..