Elilee Blize XXE 680g Disc Frame 330g Fork

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

reedplayer

by reedplayer

Interesting-- and good-looking frameset. The geometry is very differentiated, with two fork-rakes and -chainstay-length (...and obviously even two differing fork-length...). If i needed a frame, i would highly consider this one.

Maddie

by Maddie

I removed the front derailleur hanger and the chainstay protection shield (real carbon BTW). There was a matte clear on the frame, so I sanded it down completely. We're now at 756g. 43g more than my sanded size 54 S-Works SL7. Again, this is the standard Blize, not the lighter XXE.ImageImageImageImageImage

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Oh wow only ~13g saved after sanding the frame?

kode54

by kode54

Was the branding stickers? or painted on? Seems like alot of work for a few grams.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Maddie

by Maddie

I sanded 6 different frames to bare carbon in the last 6 months. This one was the easiest by a country mile. And I didn't do it for the weight saving primarily but rather to have a uniform surface on which paint can be added.
Stickers were over clearcoat.

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

Blize has now been officially launched, here is the marketing material including rigidity and aero data

greycat

by greycat

Here's what I read from The charts.
The sl7 is not as bilaterally stiff on rear triangle. The bb area on sl7 isn't as stiff because they changed to bsa instead of press fit. The headset on the sl7 way stiffer than the other frames. They are very happy to see the top xxe vs the sl7 stiffness v weight ratios are so close. They give props to the pinerello aero and I'd say they sound proud their frame is more aero than the sl7. I think they refer to the blize as a climber style frame with aero. They explain the headtube angles and heights. Shorter frames needed more fork angle to prevent toe overlap, improve handling, and higher tube height than normal to stiffen the front. While the largest frame have shorter than normal headtube to keep the stiffness of the front triangle. The choice in geometry is ment for a race position.

The top couple of pics talk about how much time they worked on this bike 3 years. The dedication to precise workmanship in all their products.

smartyiak

by smartyiak

StiffWeenies wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:42 pm
Blize has now been officially launched, here is the marketing material including rigidity and aero data
Sorry for my ignorance, but does "officially launched" mean it will be easier to order one? ...or will I still have to go through instagram? I tried the google machine and nothing comes up yet.

MagicShite

by MagicShite

greycat wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:48 pm
They give props to the pinerello aero and I'd say they sound proud their frame is more aero than the sl7.

It isn't more aero than the SL7. It's less aero.

alanyu

by alanyu

It looks like an SL 7 copy. Pure white without logo.

greycat

by greycat

MagicShite wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:24 am
greycat wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:48 pm
They give props to the pinerello aero and I'd say they sound proud their frame is more aero than the sl7.

It isn't more aero than the SL7. It's less aero.
Sorry you're right. Was a lot to interpret and messed this up and forgot what the chart said as I wrote it.

aero chart shows some generic frame in yellow, blize, then sl7 as best. they never put the pinerello on the chart just mentioned it. The test was done at 40km/h

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

greycat wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:20 pm
aero chart shows some generic frame in yellow, blize, then sl7 as best. they never put the pinerello on the chart just mentioned it. The test was done at 40km/h
I believe the "G" brand frame refers to Giant TCR
smartyiak wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:15 pm
Sorry for my ignorance, but does "officially launched" mean it will be easier to order one? ...or will I still have to go through instagram? I tried the google machine and nothing comes up yet.
My bad for being unclear. Chinese dealers have already started pre-selling the frame for quite some time now, so I used 'officially launched' to denote that Elilee is now posting about it on their social media in a formal capacity with testing data. I don't think they have a proper dealer network outside of China atm so it's still best to talk through Insta or WeChat.

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

What did you coat the frame with after sanding?

Maddie

by Maddie

So far nothing but it will get ceramic clearcoat eventually.

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

Maddie wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:25 pm
So far nothing but it will get ceramic clearcoat eventually.
Cool, just sanding a frame at the moment and undecided what to use.
Usually its spraymax 2k, but another forum user gave me a recipe of something to try. Always interested in trying something new.

The frames looks great.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com