Next gen LOOK

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Looks nice and subtly distinct to me with the barely dropped seatstays (even less so than the Addict RC), the sculpted BB area, deep HT aspect, etc.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Cemicar wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:24 am
That was my initial impression too and another shot slightly more clearly shows the extended NDS chainstay.
Image.
I guess I've been looking at my aero bike for 3+ years.. so this looks normal to me.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

spdntrxi wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:27 am
Cemicar wrote:
That was my initial impression too and another shot slightly more clearly shows the extended NDS chainstay.
Image.
I guess I've been looking at my aero bike for 3+ years.. so this looks normal to me.
Yeah the Felt AR and older Madone have a bit of that going on...among other bikes. There's at least one bike I can't think of ATM with a very pronounced shelf where the chainstays meet the BB.

naavt

by naavt

As I've mentioned before, I'll be very disapointed if this is the 795 successor, but in the end I guess it will be the "small" (big) details that will be the differentiation factor for most bikes out there.

In this case, my personal opinion is that this bike is well proportioned, something that I can't tell about the Addict for instance (which I find that has a fork that's over dimensioned compared to all other of its tubes).

The T20 upper chainstain design is a good looking detail, as it is the extended chainstay over the BB zone. Cockopit is well integrated and the fork is slim, almost resembling the rear chainstay.

For me, Look could have adopted the 795 seatpost clamp system, since all dropped chainstay bikes have that "awfull" appendice joining the top and seat tubes to allocate the clamp, which unfortunately is the option of every other bike. Nonetheless, in this particular case, it integrates that design with the following line of the chainstays, since those are not that "dropped" on the seat tube which, for me, is again another nice detail.

All in all, I think this a "better looking" but otherwise "very plain" normal looking bike.

bikerdan

by bikerdan

View from the front Image

warickwrx

by warickwrx

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:39 am
spdntrxi wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:27 am
Cemicar wrote:
Image.
Yeah the Felt AR and older Madone have a bit of that going on...among other bikes. There's at least one bike I can't think of ATM with a very pronounced shelf where the chainstays meet the BB.
Just walked past my Merida Reacto in the garage. Shelf has a striking resemblance !

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Wondering if seatpost and/or handlebar backwards compatible?

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

Any leaks about the BB standard or if the steerer is round or d shaped? Currently have an SL7 on preorder but this frame and is making me feel something

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

If the cockpit is two pieces it might be the best cockpit solution I have ever seen. Assuming they make enough handlebar widths that are narrow enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C36

by C36

I love how it looks despite the boring colourways. That front end is soooo slick and indeed I wonder what are those junctions we see on the combo.

https://www.matosvelo.fr/public/Matos-p ... is-007.jpg

otnemem

by otnemem

I'll consider it if a 7 or sub-7Kg weight is easily accessible and it's not BB86 (but preferably remains Pressfit).

naavt

by naavt

rudye9mr wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:30 pm
Wondering if seatpost and/or handlebar backwards compatible?
I'm interested in finding the same answer

naavt

by naavt

mrbrown4001 wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:24 am
If the cockpit is two pieces it might be the best cockpit solution I have ever seen. Assuming they make enough handlebar widths that are narrow enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It seems to be one single piece to me!

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

Hope TOUR already has their hands on a frame

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com