Next gen LOOK

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Yoln

by Yoln

naavt wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:56 pm
RDY wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:39 am
It's the 795 replacement. Though geo the pro team uses may be different from final production models. July is planned for availability, but it may move forwards or backwards.
If it really is the 795 replacement... that's a shame :roll: 795 is a much nicer looking bike!
Totally agree, what a boring looking bike compared to the 795 Blade. Honestly the only reason why Look is still an interesting brand, is thanks to their bold designs. We don't need another French version of the boring Orbea story
Litespeed Gravel Ultimate : https://tinyurl.com/zvxxy8zk
Wilier “Cento Ramato“ : https://tinyurl.com/29vs8vre
#RETIRED# Lynskey “the Do-it-all Helix” 🧬:https://tinyurl.com/bdmb5y24

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MarshMellow

by MarshMellow

Yoln wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:18 pm
naavt wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:56 pm
RDY wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:39 am
It's the 795 replacement. Though geo the pro team uses may be different from final production models. July is planned for availability, but it may move forwards or backwards.
If it really is the 795 replacement... that's a shame :roll: 795 is a much nicer looking bike!
Totally agree, what a boring looking bike compared to the 795 Blade. Honestly the only reason why Look is still an interesting brand, is thanks to their bold designs. We don't need another French version of the boring Orbea story
Describe the what's and how's of a still bicycle looking boring, or even how 'boring' describes an inamimate object.

Perhaps you're just over-yolked?
RimClencher wrote:
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:56 am
That's your own fault for riding with no clothes on.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Looks are subjective...

I think the 795 Blade RS looks like a photocopy of a photocopy of a photocopy of Madone SLR. Some of its design cues are just a little bit "off."

I think this new prototype looks clean. Distinctive? No. More pleasing to look at than the Blade RS? Yes.

naavt

by naavt

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:20 pm
Looks are subjective...

I think the 795 Blade RS looks like a photocopy of a photocopy of a photocopy of Madone SLR. Some of its design cues are just a little bit "off."

I think this new prototype looks clean. Distinctive? No. More pleasing to look at than the Blade RS? Yes.
Let's agree in disagree! 2016's Madone marks what's probably the image of that "photocopy" you referring to.

Nonetheless, Madone's down tube was always a bit disproportioned (at least in my opinion) and
It's design shape resembles nothing to do with the 795.

The same goes to the ugly bit of iso decoupler and the brake bridges which are world apart from the clean looking Look by comparison.

If you look at both 50 meters away from you, yes! They can be mistaken by one another simply because of how chainstays are designed, and the Aero seattube, but looking closely at both they are worlds apart and quoting an adage: "god is in the details".

Anyway, if you feel that the 795 is a photocopy of a photocopy, I can't really understand your opinion on the new Look bike, since it resembles any other modern bike, and this time... it's not even necessary to be 50 meters away from it. Just park it next to another dropped chainstay bike and is hard to tel which is which!

Look importer for my country think that it was a photoshop montage with a rear end of a Willier Filante... so go figure!

C36

by C36

naavt wrote: Look importer for my country think that it was a photoshop montage with a rear end of a Willier Filante... so go figure!
The frame is real and the rear is inspired by their T20 (track frame) not by the filante.

T20

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

naavt wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:57 am

Anyway, if you feel that the 795 is a photocopy of a photocopy, I can't really understand your opinion on the new Look bike, since it resembles any other modern bike, and this time... it's not even necessary to be 50 meters away from it. Just park it next to another dropped chainstay bike and is hard to tel which is which!

Look importer for my country think that it was a photoshop montage with a rear end of a Willier Filante... so go figure!
I think you missed the point. I said the Blade RS was a crude facsimile of a Madone. It looks different, but in all the wrong ways. I quite like the dropped stay silhouette on modern bikes. Most of them don't look "wrong" to me aside from a few who dare to be different like the Oltre RC. One bike I like is the Lapierre Xelius SL. It's too bad I can't really order one here, and if I imported it from Europe, warranty service might be a pain in the ass. Plus it uses BB86...meh.

The irony here is none of the bikes I've bought since 2017 have dropped stays.

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

Happy new year! Is anyone able to share any technical info about the frame? Must a LOOK stem be used? What BB?

eins4eins

by eins4eins

seems like Cofidis riders only got to ride the new Look during the official team camp and DeRosa wanted their bikes back. Strava is showing some of them riding private bikes like BMC back at home.

naavt

by naavt

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:04 am

I think you missed the point. I said the Blade RS was a crude facsimile of a Madone. It looks different, but in all the wrong ways. I quite like the dropped stay silhouette on modern bikes. Most of them don't look "wrong" to me aside from a few who dare to be different like the Oltre RC. One bike I like is the Lapierre Xelius SL. It's too bad I can't really order one here, and if I imported it from Europe, warranty service might be a pain in the ass. Plus it uses BB86...meh.

The irony here is none of the bikes I've bought since 2017 have dropped stays.
Get it. We both have different takes about the 795 which is healthy. If everybody only liked red... :noidea: :D Aircode was a bike that I also evaluated. Nice bike.

naavt

by naavt

CAAD8FRED wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:39 am
Happy new year! Is anyone able to share any technical info about the frame? Must a LOOK stem be used? What BB?
The image shows an integrated piece. I'm in contact with Look importer here to find out if it is Look made or something else.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

I remember when 795 was first seen. I think it was one of the coolest bike i'd ever had seen.
I still think it looks awesome. I can agree the new /forthcoming bike looks quite anonymous in compairson.
It's probably lighter and less complex, which might actually be what people like better.
It seems more bikes were more all in towards aero a few years ago. Now it's rerouted towards a mix of aero and light weight.
It had been more reasonable if bikes actually developed from light weight, to half-breeds and ended up as full bodied aero machines.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

RDY

by RDY

C36 wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:32 am
naavt wrote: Look importer for my country think that it was a photoshop montage with a rear end of a Willier Filante... so go figure!
The frame is real and the rear is inspired by their T20 (track frame) not by the filante.

T20
Is that really useful though when the front triangle and forks are nothing like the T20? Maybe it works well with what they've done with the front triangle, or maybe it was just cheaper to recycle the design and is a total mismatch.

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Prob a step change in aero gains going dropped seat stays...last bike was at 219w vs low 200s for other competitors via Tour Mag testing.

Older Madone 'solved' their comfort with ISO.

Look 'solved' with 3S design language.

New Madone did away with ISO fiddling with a radical design...interested to see what comfort considerations are on new LOOK.

Kubackjeee

by Kubackjeee

xD
Attachments
Screenshot_2023-01-01-22-54-12-647-edit_com.brave.browser.jpg
Scott addict rc
Specialized Diverge e5 comp 2019

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Kubackjeee wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:54 pm
xD
Not unusal, sweet words topped up with a big portion of BS!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.