Next gen LOOK

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

C36

by C36

RDY wrote:795 Blade RS looks fine in 61 ...
Guess I all relative but I would disagree… no bike looks fine in such a size. big tubes helps reducing the volume “inside the main triangle”. This morning we had a 1.9m guy on a madone (guess that he has the largest size) and despite mega downtube it looked out of proportion…

And saying this as a collector of some very large frames (indurain or cipollini among others)

naavt

by naavt

RDY wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:23 am
795 Blade RS looks fine in 61 ...
795 Blade looks fine in every size :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Santos Down Under Stage 4...bicycle can handle the beans it seems.

NordicSal

by NordicSal

spdntrxi wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:08 pm
wheelsONfire wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:17 pm
NordicSal wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:15 pm
RDY wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:32 pm
I don't think that giant size will ever be made except for that rider ... it's way more than a standard 61/62. Anyway, I don't think the new Look is much of a looker ...
Are you sure? Looks about right, a 61 Pinarello looks similar.
Hm, what framesets looks good in those sizes?
none
Canyon Inflite, Endurace, Ultimate, Grizl and Aeroad look just fine in size XL. Trek Madone looks great in size 60 too.

JanM

by JanM

Any news on this regarding release date or general news?
I'm really curious about this bike, while some might say it's just the next tarmac-esque, semi-aero, generic frame, but I quite like it. Nice proportions, the LOOK color are always nice, seemingly nice integration and it doesn't look too "un-aero". Plus, given the past and current price structure of LOOK, there's still a part of me believing (or at least hoping), that this won't break the 5k barrier for the frame set...

naavt

by naavt

JanM wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:31 am
Any news on this regarding release date or general news?
I'm really curious about this bike, while some might say it's just the next tarmac-esque, semi-aero, generic frame, but I quite like it. Nice proportions, the LOOK color are always nice, seemingly nice integration and it doesn't look too "un-aero". Plus, given the past and current price structure of LOOK, there's still a part of me believing (or at least hoping), that this won't break the 5k barrier for the frame set...
Even if I find the 795 Blade the best Look looking bike I must admit that this "generic" dropped seatstays frameset is the one that shows the best proportions overall (at least to my eye).

Beyond that, Look has a reputation for being one of the best frameset builders on the world, so this has to be a very nice dropped seatstays frameset.

I'll happily have this one instead of an SL7, but that's me and to each... it's own!

About prices, I suspect they will rise up a bit, since they are now on the World Tour and that will probably impact their prices.
Last edited by naavt on Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

naavt

by naavt

Double post

TriJoeri

by TriJoeri

Any chances this gets released/introduced at the Tour since it's a French brand?

naavt

by naavt

TriJoeri wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 10:06 am
Any chances this gets released/introduced at the Tour since it's a French brand?
Probably yes. UCI launched new rules stating that all bikes and major equipment have to be launched within one year of first use in a UCI race. Since Look is already running this bike from the start of the season, I strongly suspect that it will hit the stores around TdF timetable.

dvdrl

by dvdrl

Now that the new 795 has been released, will this also replace the 785? Or will there be a new version of that at some point?

It seems the new 795 is an allrounder (allthough not particulary light), and there might be no need for a climbing bike anymore.

I really like the style of the current 785, but the disc version does not seem particulary light.Maybe because it is a straight conversion from a rim brake frame.

Cannoli

by Cannoli

Does anyone know the frameset weight on the Blade 795 RS size Small?
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

dvdrl

by dvdrl

Frame only (size s): 890g | frame + fork (size s): 1315g

from: https://www.lookcycle.com/uk-en/product ... 3-frameset

Cannoli

by Cannoli

dvdrl wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:51 pm
Frame only (size s): 890g | frame + fork (size s): 1315g

from: https://www.lookcycle.com/uk-en/product ... 3-frameset
Thank you!
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Another bike launch with 420 mm wide bars as standard in size M :doh: Just maybe, if only the bars could be swapped, that's cheaper than swap the integrated cockpits of many competitors.

From the quoted frame weights for size S, there's nothing lightweight actually.

Geometry is a few mm longer than many others for equivalent letter sizes.

Pricing isn't stratospheric (relatively speaking).

I like the red-black colour.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

RDY

by RDY

mrlobber wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:39 am
Another bike launch with 420 mm wide bars as standard in size M :doh: Just maybe, if only the bars could be swapped, that's cheaper than swap the integrated cockpits of many competitors.

From the quoted frame weights for size S, there's nothing lightweight actually.

Geometry is a few mm longer than many others for equivalent letter sizes.

Pricing isn't stratospheric (relatively speaking).

I like the red-black colour.
It's nearly double the retail price its predecessor has been sitting at for the past nearly 18 months.

I'd say that's pretty ambitious unless they moved production to France, per some of their track and TT frames, and will market it as such - but I'm guessing not as they'd have had a load of marketing drivel about it if that was the case.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com