Cannondale SuperSix Evo4

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BenCousins

by BenCousins

wickedstealthy wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:10 pm
BenCousins wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:51 am
Rather than buying new axles, why not a new tool with 8mm like a Daysaver?
Axles are also lighter 🤣 certainly the rear one is lighter
The daysaver is 39g and has Hex 8 / Hex 6 / Hex 5 / Hex 4 / Hex 3 / Hex 2.5 / Hex 2 / Torx 25 / Philips #1

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

BenCousins wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:25 pm
wickedstealthy wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:10 pm
BenCousins wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:51 am
Rather than buying new axles, why not a new tool with 8mm like a Daysaver?
Axles are also lighter 🤣 certainly the rear one is lighter
The daysaver is 39g and has Hex 8 / Hex 6 / Hex 5 / Hex 4 / Hex 3 / Hex 2.5 / Hex 2 / Torx 25 / Philips #1
Good to know :thumbup: But I would still look for a nice alternative if it proves to be lighter. Just asked if they have the Aserra thru axles in these dimensions ... Gadgets ..

BenCousins

by BenCousins

Apparently not looking good for LAB71 in Europe. Delayed shipping has now turned into no current shipping date. If not resolved soon I'll be buying something else.

SixThirteen

by SixThirteen

BenCousins wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:39 pm
Apparently not looking good for LAB71 in Europe. Delayed shipping has now turned into no current shipping date. If not resolved soon I'll be buying something else.
can you buy a Scott Foil RC - its a bike I like... :beerchug:
Scott Foil RC10 Ultegra 12 speed / Creston 50 - 7.9Kg

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

BenCousins wrote:
I had the same. Wanted first the Lab71 full bike, discovered that frame built with even or better was 2500k cheaper, went to frame in Dutch shop. Got told not deliverable in my size, went back to bike to discover that now the shipping date has shifted to 30/09 and that is to be seen. Almost cancelling as the black frame would be available in 1/6 in a Belgian shop.
If that gets delayed it will not be for this year anymore. Not going to buy something to sit and collect dust in wintertime

What delivery dates did you get and where ?
Last edited by wickedstealthy on Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

SixThirteen wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:29 am
BenCousins wrote:
can you buy a Scott Foil RC - its a bike I like... :beerchug:
I like also other bikes but first and foremost the fit is important for me without having to choose a small frame longer stem a huge amount of spacers etc Aesthetically not pleasing and basically the wrong bike then 😁 Scott just like Spec are not fit for people with longer legs compared to their upper. Too much reach then

JaimeC

by JaimeC

wickedstealthy wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:41 am
BenCousins wrote:
I had the same. Wanted first the Lab71 full bike, discovered that frame built with even or better was 2500k cheaper, went to frame in Dutch shop. Got told not deliverable in my size, went back to bike to discover that now the shipping date has shifted to 30/09 and that is to be seen. Almost cancelling as the black frame would be available in 1/6 in a Belgian shop.
If that gets delayed it will not be for this year anymore. Not going to buy something to sit and collect dust in wintertime

Have you tried calling around to see what other shops have available? My LBS showed me dates of September for the black Lab71 frameset in my size. Found some retailers online who had preorders with a delivery date of April. Then found the frame across the country in stock at a small store. Purchased from them and it was shipped out the next day. My bike is being built now, whereas if I just listened to my LBS I'd be waiting for months. I'm in the USA though, not Europe.

BenCousins

by BenCousins

wickedstealthy wrote:
BenCousins wrote:

I will know more on Friday. There are a series of meetings at Cannondale due apparently with shipping dates decided. My guess is that the production is slowed somehow and they are figuring out if they move distribution around to fulfill Europe or not.

I was about to press go on an Aeroad CFR EPS in Jan when the rumors of this new SS appeared. I'm not going to miss any training days if they can't deliver here before the snow melts in Stockholm, which will be in 2-3 weeks, I'll just go back to the Aeroad, or maybe a Litening if I can get a good deal.

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

JaimeC wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:53 pm
wickedstealthy wrote:
BenCousins wrote:

Have you tried calling around to see what other shops have available? My LBS showed me dates of September for the black Lab71 frameset in my size. Found some retailers online who had preorders with a delivery date of April. Then found the frame across the country in stock at a small store. Purchased from them and it was shipped out the next day. My bike is being built now, whereas if I just listened to my LBS I'd be waiting for months. I'm in the USA though, not Europe.
It seems across Europe delays are paramount. I went to Belgian shop and normally they get the black one in 1/6. The wow colour is 1/5.
My biggest issue is a straight seatpost.
Maybe check in the US and have it shipped 😂
Ordered 2 EXS aerover bars. Wheels I will likely try custom built ENVEs. The Cannondale ones are not available yet

BenCousins

by BenCousins

wickedstealthy wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:04 pm
JaimeC wrote:
wickedstealthy wrote:
BenCousins wrote:

It seems across Europe delays are paramount. I went to Belgian shop and normally they get the black one in 1/6. The wow colour is 1/5.
Ordered 2 EXS aerover bars. Wheels I will likely try custom built ENVEs. The Cannondale ones are not available yet
Imagine adding the cost of a Lab71 frame with shipping from the US, customs charges into the EU and VAT!! That would be my whole budget gone!!! :o

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

BenCousins wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:29 pm
wickedstealthy wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:04 pm
JaimeC wrote:
wickedstealthy wrote:

Imagine adding the cost of a Lab71 frame with shipping from the US, customs charges into the EU and VAT!! That would be my whole budget gone!!! :o
Hahahah no. It's the seatpost that I need from a smaller frame that's all 🤣 I didn't hear yet for the black frame if it was available but they where building a frame last week I believe from a lower tier model. They where going to check if the seatposts for lower models are the same that would solve my issue. The rest of the components is a few days.
So if I can source the seatpost somewhere from a smaller size lab71 that would be ideal.
I Neede go do they same shit with Colnago 1.5y ago
So if you have somewhere a source I would be very happy 👌

guyc

by guyc

BenCousins wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:58 pm
wickedstealthy wrote:
BenCousins wrote:

I will know more on Friday. There are a series of meetings at Cannondale due apparently with shipping dates decided. My guess is that the production is slowed somehow and they are figuring out if they move distribution around to fulfill Europe or not.

I was about to press go on an Aeroad CFR EPS in Jan when the rumors of this new SS appeared. I'm not going to miss any training days if they can't deliver here before the snow melts in Stockholm, which will be in 2-3 weeks, I'll just go back to the Aeroad, or maybe a Litening if I can get a good deal.

Seems so odd to mount that co-ordinated PR campaign across Euro press, YouTube, Insta etc. and then not be able to fulfil any orders.

Sorry it's not worked out.

BenCousins

by BenCousins

guyc wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:33 pm
BenCousins wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:58 pm
wickedstealthy wrote:
BenCousins wrote:

Seems so odd to mount that co-ordinated PR campaign across Euro press, YouTube, Insta etc. and then not be able to fulfil any orders.

Sorry it's not worked out.
Yeah well my professional experiences with product launches tells me marketing and PR get on this unstoppable train and they often refuse to acknowledge that production is often delayed. I'm sure there was a meeting that went something like "we aren't sure we can fulfill orders" - " But the hotels in Girona are all booked!!! We can't delay now!! This will mess up the marketing schedule for the whole year!!!"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

I was quoted May for a high mood frame only, they said expected and only the Laguna yellow version. Opted to get a soloist frame which landed today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk