Cannondale SuperSix Evo4

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ChoofWorm

by ChoofWorm

TobinHatesYou wrote:
ChoofWorm wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 4:44 am
Anyone know if the slam that stem bearing cover will work on the new super six?

Looking at pairing that bearing cover with an extralite stem and 3t aeroflux bars for internal cable routing, just not 100% it will all work as planned together.

Sent from my SM-A736B using Tapatalk

SlamTheStem bearing covers won’t work with ICR setups.
Well that's *f##k* sad.

The stock bearing cover is more than 10mm and ugly as anything

Sent from my SM-A736B using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

OUGrad05 wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 12:33 am
It's here
First ride is tomorrow. 62 miles.
What size is that?
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes

OUGrad05

by OUGrad05

Martin.dk wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 11:37 am
OUGrad05 wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 12:33 am
It's here
First ride is tomorrow. 62 miles.
What size is that?
61. The ride was great. It is definitely different from my Foil though. If I had to use a car analogy, I'd say the Foil is kind of like a grand tourer? It's made for munching miles at a really high rate of speed and seems to be pretty darn smooth, although that could be the wider tires? The Cannondale seems a bit more "edgy" if that makes sense. The steering feels more sensitive to me and the handling is different. These are both my first two true road "race" bikes so I don't have a ton of experience riding bikes like this more than test rides.
The Foil for as aggressive as it is seems just as comfortable, which susprised me and the SRAM I like more than the Di2, at least so far. But overall the SuperSix seems like a fantastic all-rounder.

TheMalahat

by TheMalahat

Hello!

A friend of mine is looking at the SuperSix EVO 2.

We are in Canada.

Has this bike been released and sold out, or, not released yet? Couldn't find any in Canada although will inquire with the LBS next week.

And is the $6990 CAD pricing correct? That seems like an amazing deal in the new pricing world?

Dalton

by Dalton

Yes, it's been technically released in Canada but none have been available yet to order, or very very few. They are all sold out until November 2023 raw carbon and Feb 2024 in the green colour. Super well priced and there is a huge demand for that bike because it's one the best value high end road bike sold in the world right now.

TheMalahat

by TheMalahat

Thanks!

While I feel like I overpaid for my Soloist now I'm glad my friend will get a great deal, time to get on the waiting list!

req110

by req110

I haven't found it here, but can anyone mention whether it's made in PRC or ROC ? (China vs. Taiwan). Thanks.
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

spartan

by spartan

are you a cannondale dealer "it's one the best value high end road bike sold in the world right now." laughable statement. cannondale are not HIGH END.

i am huge fan of the new design direction of cannodale but the pricing model is still too high. the covid/easy money ERA is OVER. 7k for ultegra di2 this price will be soon matched by specialized/trek/giant next year. these brands are stronger mainstream brands.
Dalton wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 4:24 am
Yes, it's been technically released in Canada but none have been available yet to order, or very very few. They are all sold out until November 2023 raw carbon and Feb 2024 in the green colour. Super well priced and there is a huge demand for that bike because it's one the best value high end road bike sold in the world right now.
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

Mocs123

by Mocs123

I'd say Cannondale is every bit as "high end" as Specialized, Trek, and Giant. Cannondale is the most popular brand in my area - although I guess we don't have any "high end" shops, but do have shops that carry Cannondale, Scott, Trek, Giant, and Cervello. The first two generatations of the Supersix Evo were insanely popular. The 3rd generation had a few design choices that probably hurt sales, and made them not quite as popular.

If you offered me any bike in the world (for free) right now, I'd likely choose the new Evo. Other contenders in my list would be the new Propel, but it comes with hookless wheels - which are a no go for me, or a Specialized SL7, but the fact we have no local dealer would be a bit of a turnoff.
2015 Wilier Zero.7 Rim - 6.37kg
2020 Trek Emonda SLR-7 Disc - 6.86kg
2023 Specialized SL7 - 7.18kg

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Cannondale popularity is going to surge in NorCal between Mike's Bikes and Sports Basement selling them. They already used to be popular in early-mid 2010s because there was one shop that was willing to give anyone 30% off current model year bikes by late summer/early fall.

rayrick

by rayrick

Mocs123 wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 1:08 am
I'd say Cannondale is every bit as "high end" as Specialized, Trek, and Giant. Cannondale is the most popular brand in my area - although I guess we don't have any "high end" shops, but do have shops that carry Cannondale, Scott, Trek, Giant, and Cervello. The first two generatations of the Supersix Evo were insanely popular. The 3rd generation had a few design choices that probably hurt sales, and made them not quite as popular.

If you offered me any bike in the world (for free) right now, I'd likely choose the new Evo. Other contenders in my list would be the new Propel, but it comes with hookless wheels - which are a no go for me, or a Specialized SL7, but the fact we have no local dealer would be a bit of a turnoff.
Agreed. I'm splurging on a new bike with a high-end spec and could theoretically buy most anything, but I think the new SSE is the most compelling option available right now so that's what I'm buying. But this is the Supersix Evo4 thread after all, so you'd expect to find folks like us hanging around :wink:

Stendhal

by Stendhal

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 3:56 am
Cannondale popularity is going to surge in NorCal between Mike's Bikes and Sports Basement selling them. They already used to be popular in early-mid 2010s because there was one shop that was willing to give anyone 30% off current model year bikes by late summer/early fall.
I think Sports Basement no longer carries Cannondale; I haven't seen any in the stores recently nor on line. (If it did I'd have tried to buy my new frame there with the 10% member discount, maybe I just goofed!). For lower end models but including occasionally the aluminum frames, REI sells Cannondales so it's getting a good distribution from that chain too. The Cannondale website dealer finder identifies the Mike's and REI locations but not the SBs.
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

TheMalahat

by TheMalahat

spartan wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 12:53 am
are you a cannondale dealer "it's one the best value high end road bike sold in the world right now." laughable statement. cannondale are not HIGH END.

i am huge fan of the new design direction of cannodale but the pricing model is still too high. the covid/easy money ERA is OVER. 7k for ultegra di2 this price will be soon matched by specialized/trek/giant next year. these brands are stronger mainstream brands.
That may be true outside Canada, but here the Cannondale pricing at the 105 Di2 and Ultergra Di2 levels is very, very competative. I suppose that's going to be very variable with global currencies; we also get great prices on Giant, for example, and disadvantaged with Scott - using the USA as the comparitor.

Stendhal

by Stendhal

I think I found the inspiration for the new SSE 4 frame...

https://road.cc/content/feature/handle- ... -ht-301499

😊
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

Karvalo

by Karvalo

spartan wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 12:53 am
An Ultegra DI2 Madone is over 10k already. Ultegra DI2 Tarmacs have been over 7k for at least a year and will for sure go up again when the SL8 is launched.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com