Cannondale SuperSix Evo4

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

swat

by swat

Received the LAB71 in may in size 56. I got Vision ACR 5d installed but wondering if Deda or some other handlebar would be better in terms of stiffness, weight and aesthetics? any suggestions?

swat

by swat

swat wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:08 am
Received the LAB71 in may in size 56. I got Vision ACR 5d installed but wondering if Deda or some other handlebar would be better in terms of stiffness, weight and aesthetics? any suggestions?
Here is the picture.
Size 56 with Vision handlebars, Cadex wheels and Duraace di2 groupset.
Size 56 with Vision handlebars, Cadex wheels and Duraace di2 groupset.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

njleach

by njleach

Not sure about the weight of Vision 5D vs Deda but your Lab71 looks schmick 👌🏼 I like the cadex wheels with the flat (aero?) spokes too

swat

by swat

njleach wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:09 am
Not sure about the weight of Vision 5D vs Deda but your Lab71 looks schmick 👌🏼 I like the cadex wheels with the flat (aero?) spokes too
Thanks, really pleased with the ride quality of the bike, and wheels are amazing too. Need to sort out the handlebar, and change the bottle cages as the one that came with the bike are not fit for the round bottles.

alanyu

by alanyu

swat wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:40 am
njleach wrote:
Thanks, really pleased with the ride quality of the bike, and wheels are amazing too. Need to sort out the handlebar, and change the bottle cages as the one that came with the bike are not fit for the round bottles.
But Cannondale claimed the aero cage can be used with normal bottles?

swat

by swat

alanyu wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:49 am
swat wrote:
njleach wrote:
It sort of does work but a bit fiddly as it's quite narrow.

rayrick

by rayrick

LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:00 am
Rode my SSE4 today in a hilly Fondo.

Observations:

-Rough pavement, handled quite well
-Very fast, nice and responsive
-Great in or out of the saddle
-Appreciated the less stiff front end
-Still haven’t gotten completely used to the handling, almost overshot a corner!
-Really does feel like an aero bike in a lightweight bike’s skin
-Overall, I like it better than the SL7 and think it’s a better bike
-I used, and like, the Cannondale aero bottles.

It was oddly the only SSE4 I saw. Plenty of Pinarellos and SL7 S-Works.

99% of the people there were overgeared. People will never learn. A lot were completely gassed by the last timed segment due to grinding out a never-ending supply of short, but steep, pitches. The Cannondale just loved cruising by folks grunting 50-something RPM in its 1:1 ratio at 90rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks for the review! So, you've actually spent meaningful time on an SL7 and prefer the SSE4? Very nice to hear. My anticipation is building - pretty sure mine is landing in my LBS this week!

pmprego

by pmprego

swat wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:19 pm
alanyu wrote:
swat wrote:
njleach wrote:
I was seeing sometinh on youtube other day and the guy mentioned that cannondale has a custom of making some type of assymetric rear triangle/axle which kind of locks you onto their wheels. It left me wondering what was that about... Did you have any problem with the Cadex one? Any type of adjustment needed prior to installing them?

OUGrad05

by OUGrad05

pmprego wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:59 pm
swat wrote:
alanyu wrote:
swat wrote:

I was seeing sometinh on youtube other day and the guy mentioned that cannondale has a custom of making some type of assymetric rear triangle/axle which kind of locks you onto their wheels. It left me wondering what was that about... Did you have any problem with the Cadex one? Any type of adjustment needed prior to installing them?
That sounds like BS? I haven't even run my stock wheels, I'm running Reynolds 29mm ARX and have DTSwiss 62mm on order.

S6ED

by S6ED

OUGrad05 wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:13 pm
pmprego wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:59 pm
swat wrote:
alanyu wrote:

That sounds like BS? I haven't even run my stock wheels, I'm running Reynolds 29mm ARX and have DTSwiss 62mm on order.
The asymetric thing was the case with some MTB model(s) and required a special rear hub. (EDIT: special lacing rather - see post below by nooski)

https://support.cannondale.com/hc/en-us ... tegration-

The road bikes had/have nothing to do with that, so yes, it's BS.
Last edited by S6ED on Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

pmprego

by pmprego

S6ED wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:19 pm
pmprego wrote: ↑
OUGrad05 wrote:
The asymetric thing was the case with some MTB model(s) and required a special rear hub.

[/quote]

Nice. Better that way. It sounded weird but wanted to check.

nooski

by nooski

pmprego wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:22 pm
S6ED wrote:
OUGrad05 wrote:
The asymetric thing was the case with some MTB model(s) and required a special rear hub.

[/quote]
Not a special hub but different lacing. There was also previous Topstne Carbon (Gravel bike) and right now SS Evo CX/SE that requires Ai lacing of the rear wheel.
Dum spiro spero
my bike: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=130302

swat

by swat

Nothing special was required to install the Cadex wheels.

S6ED

by S6ED

nooski wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:27 pm
pmprego wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:22 pm
S6ED wrote:
OUGrad05 wrote:

Not a special hub but different lacing. There was also previous Topstne Carbon (Gravel bike) and right now SS Evo CX/SE that requires Ai lacing of the rear wheel.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. :thumbup:

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

nooski wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:27 pm
Jip.

On the CX and MTB they have AI spacing.
It boils down to the wheel needs to be dished 6mm more to one side.

I took stock standard Campy Eurus wheels (and many have done this with Zipp 303 and 404) and just dish the wheel 6mm more to the one side.
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com