Cannondale SuperSix Evo4

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

are they really not offering a 0 post aftermarket?

Bfriesen

by Bfriesen

FactoryMatt wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:26 pm
Pretty sure they are, just not availible yet. Seems silly to me to launch a bike without an adequate supply of proprietary parts but what do I know
2020 Cannondale Supersix
2021 Argon 18 Gallium Disc
2018 Trek Crockett

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cajer

by cajer

Dan Gerous wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:05 pm
Many pros just prefer the feel of one bike over the other and are willing to lose a few watts for it... but it's worth noting when comparing the data of watts saved between each bikes that, in Cannondale's case, it's the full bike as speced stock. Evo 2 was with normal round bars and not the most aero wheels, the Evo 3 was with the Save bars and 45mm Hollowgram rims, the Evo 4 with the MOMO bar and 50mm rims and the SystemSix with KNOT bars and 64mm rims...

The difference between the Evo 2 and 3 was quite big unsurprisingly, the difference between the Evo 3 and 4 is smaller at a claimed 12 watts at 48km/h, but a big proportion of that comes from slightly more aero wheels, and a little from more aero bars. And a big proportion of the SystemSix's advantage comes from the deeper wheels (the KNOT 64 wheels are very very aero), a little from narrower bars (although narrower bars probably don't make a huge difference if it's not tested with a rider).

For the EF guys, they always use whatever they like from sponsor FSA/Vision for bars and wheels anyway, so if they put the same bars and wheels on the SusperSix and the SystemSix, the difference, especially with the new SuperSix, is probably small, the SystemSix is still said to be faster, but maybe not enough to justify it over a much lighter bike that feels better to many riders. And if one of us was to put KNOT 64 wheels on the Evo 4 and not ride hella wide bars that sadly often come stock on SuperSix Evos, it would probably not lose much to the SystemSix in most situations.

That is why some suspect the SystemSix not to stay in the lineup much further, there are only two SystemSix builds in the line this year here in Canada. Kind of like what Specialized did when the Tarmac redesign became close enough in aerodynamics to the Venge that they killed the Venge line.
I would expect a new system six with the relaxed aero rules. Espically with specialized coming out with a new venge.

ilprofessore

by ilprofessore

Yeah, I was kind of suprised...I expect this kind of stuff from Colnago (AMHIK) but not really Cannondale. I'm excited to be back in the cannondale world though. i've raced on a 2.8 in the 90s and had multiple supersix/ssHM's. Few bikes ride like them, in my experience. Maybe Darimo shows up with something soon.

borist

by borist

Ted King posted this over the weekend.

Not suprised he is using Zipp components given his sponsorship, but figure many here would find it interesting given the various stem and cable routing options.

BenCousins

by BenCousins

ilprofessore wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:23 pm
I have a 58cm himod i'm waiting to build. I find it a little backwards that the conceal stems aren't even avail at the shop-level to allow proper fits. Maybe this is the way all brands launch bikes now?

I'm dealing with a similar fit issue in that they aren't offering a zero setback seatpost option. if anyone has a line on one let me know. Otherwise i think i'll be waiting until the end of the summer when they *might* be avail to build.
Is there something specific about the Conceal stem that you aren't seeing in the other options?

ilprofessore

by ilprofessore

Good question. No, not really aside from integration into the frame system. I've got a fair amount of internal integration experience now and its always a bit easier to work with manufacturer specific to frame product.

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

Bfriesen wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:38 pm
FactoryMatt wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:26 pm
Pretty sure they are, just not availible yet. Seems silly to me to launch a bike without an adequate supply of proprietary parts but what do I know
I have a Lab71 on order and I have explicitly asked for a 0 mm setback seatpost and a swap to 380/100 Momo bar. Don't know but haven't heard anything that they wouldn't be able to do this. Basically wanted to go for the black frame as the built would be cheaper then the bike
But the seatpost, saddle, handlebar and dura ace crank will be swapped by the dealer. If the Momo bar doesn't suit me I will swap it for something like the exs bar. Will see
Not sure about the wheels yet. Either go a custom built with Duke Baccara x rims with tactic hubs or have the stock wheels relaced with tactic hubs. I like the 32mm width of the hollowgram wheels though

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Anyone put the Conceal stem on the scale yet?

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Speaking of stems... the first thing you notice about Jonas Rutsch's stem is that it is loooooooonng!

It's a 170.

But then, you notice the brake hoses are hidden, routed through it even though it's an old SL-K not designed for it... Which makes me think that, regular stems that have their center section open at each ends could be used on the new Evo, assuming you use a bar with an opening lining up with the bar side opening and that the steerer side opening is wide enough to let the hoses go through and to each sides of the Delta steerer... Maybe?

This could open the options to keep hoses hidden but use lighter stems... and I'm pretty sure there is a slicker solution for the headset cover.

conradhughes

by conradhughes

They're using an FSA top cap there-
Also I went to LBS today and took some pics:
IMG_3999.jpeg
IMG_3998.jpeg
Lovely frame in person. Looks very 'designed' if that makes sense.

JaimeC

by JaimeC

Just found out that the Conceal Stem won't be available until August, and will be offered from 70-140mm. Forgot to ask weight, but it will run $140 USD.

StevieB

by StevieB

I have a frameset inbound, and have confirmation from Cannondale that they ship with all the bits needed to use a standard 1 1/8 stem, including top cap. Gonna set mine up that way initially with some Easton EC70 Aero bars I've got lying around.

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

Just came from the shop. My order has changed again due to lack of proper 0mm seatpost and handlebar.
So will wait an start from a frame when stuff comes available.
A bit annoying that they don't have proper stuff in stock when selling a 15k bikefitting be honest 🤣

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stendhal

by Stendhal

My frameset arrived today, about 10 days early. (Mike's Bikes does it again.) If my schedule and the atmospheric rain-strafed roads allow me to pick it up tomorrow, I'll weigh the frame and parts and report here.

The Vision Metron bar stem also arrived way ahead of schedule from Hungary. Advertised weight: 355g. Actual weight: 354g. Kudos to FSA / Vision for truth in advertising.
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum