Cannondale SuperSix Evo4

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

Well it's pretty obvious that they will sell the Momo bars first for Lab71. Even frameset delivery is constrained on Lab71 and on HiMod. The black frameset for HiMod will come from October on in The Netherlands. I'm pretty sure that if you hold of till end 2023 you simply get the HiMod 1 bikes with carbon one handlebars as they call it. It would have been pretty surprising if they would have the whole line up in full swing by release. Quite unrealistic

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BenCousins

by BenCousins

man1ac wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:35 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:32 am
It's pretty clearly a proprietary stem with its own topcap/cover solution that also fits neatly onto the cable integration headset cover.
This may be true but my source is the official cannondale dealer document with real life pictures of different handlebars that show how to mount them :D
And believe me or dont: The Lab71 framesets WILL COME with a stem. Info comes directly from my cannondale dealer. (Europe based, dunno if that changes something)
My Europe based Cannondale dealer says they don't come with a stem, so I'm not sure we have a definitve answer. Some stores have taken delivery though (you can see on YouTube), so the truth is out there, somewhere.

mcmxcmv

by mcmxcmv

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:17 am
Spinnekop wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:06 am

Jip.
Also see that on our South African Cannondale webpage. No stem. Just post.

Correct on the stem. Cannondale "C1 Conceal"

Older product photography shows the Conceal stem with the framesets, but not anymore. I suspect they originally intended to include it, but then realized it wasn't worth shipping 100mm stems with 54cm frames (for example) only for half the owners to swap them out for 90 or 110mm stems.

I'm sure the service manuals show many different setup configurations...just like any service manual would.
Yeah , cost reduction for them not for us. Even with the stem not fitting me i would still want it. maybe it can fit another rider and then we can easily sell it and earn something extra instead of nothing. they should think on not giving the seatpost also.. maybe i want a 0 SB..same for axles.. maybe i will sell the originals and get something that is more lightweight.

Curios about the axles . can somebody weight them to know if we need to invest there too ?

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

From pictures posted by various shops who have the LAB71 framesets in hand, none have stems, it doesn't come with one.

As the seatpost is specific to this frame, it makes sense to include one, yes some would prefer a different setback but many will be fine with what ships with each frame sizes... and frames always include the axles... but as any stem can fit and nobody likes the same style/length/angle, it also makes sense not to include one IMO instead of one only a tiny proportion of users will want.

harblhat

by harblhat

The frameset photos on the Cannondale site have been updated to no longer show stems

Bfriesen

by Bfriesen

105 Di2 build is up on the website, $5720 CAD/4500 USD, but with cheap alloy wheels
2020 Cannondale Supersix
2021 Argon 18 Gallium Disc
2018 Trek Crockett

DeLuz

by DeLuz

Bfriesen wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:49 pm
105 Di2 build is up on the website, $5720 CAD/4500 USD, but with cheap alloy wheels
Solution is just swap out the rims for BTLOS.

JaimeC

by JaimeC

I've got a frameset due to be delivered next week, so now I have the fun task of figuring out everything I need to buy to build it. I'm a smaller rider and am looking for a 36cm handlebar, does anyone know if the Black Inc Integrated Barstem is compatible? It seems to tick the boxes of my wants so far.

Pottermouse

by Pottermouse

Bfriesen wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:49 pm
Like the Viper Green colourway... best one apart from Lab71 OxBlood

trex

by trex

Another not-so-great news about real life frame weight.
From FB SSE owners group - black lab71 frame 56: 822g, 990g with seatpost.

That is, as much as SSE3 Hi-Mod in same size.
Attachments
lab71.jpg

BenCousins

by BenCousins

JaimeC wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:32 am
I've got a frameset due to be delivered next week, so now I have the fun task of figuring out everything I need to buy to build it. I'm a smaller rider and am looking for a 36cm handlebar, does anyone know if the Black Inc Integrated Barstem is compatible? It seems to tick the boxes of my wants so far.
I would advise against buying any parts (I am in the same situation as you) until you've seen the frame. It's worth losing a week of riding it to make sure the bike is perfect in the future. I have an enourmous shopping cart at Bike24 ready for when I've checked it out.

Scania123

by Scania123

BenCousins wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:50 am
I would advise against buying any parts (I am in the same situation as you) until you've seen the frame. It's worth losing a week of riding it to make sure the bike is perfect in the future. I have an enourmous shopping cart at Bike24 ready for when I've checked it out.
Which bar and stem do you have in your cart? The rest of the build would also be interesting to see :)

BenCousins

by BenCousins

Scania123 wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:34 pm
BenCousins wrote:
Which bar and stem do you have in your cart? The rest of the build would also be interesting to see :)
Here's the list

- Bora WTO 45 DB
- Pro One Evolution (25 front, 28 back)
- Fabric Scoop Ultimate Shallow (I LOVE these saddles, been riding them on hire bikes this winter at Free Motion on Gran Can)
- Super Record Mechanical (53-39, 11-34, 175mm)
- Stem will either be an FSA ACR or something more standard, depending on our level of confidence regarding the mechanical shifter cable angles internally in the stem versus sitting underneath a standard stem. This is something I will look at in the store with a mechanic. Hopefully we can run some trial cables and housings into the frame and get a feel for the friction levels
- Vision Metron Aero ACR bars (this could change if I don't need an ACR compatible bar to a Pro Vibe Aero Superlight). I am undecided on 380 or 400mm

As a last resort I sell something expensive like a laptop or a watch and get EPS

Earthworm

by Earthworm

maxima wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:42 am
comes with seat post, bottle cages and bottles from Cannondale. Integrated handlebar are optional/add-on you have to pay for it - if this is what you mean. I can try to send you 1 setup with Lap71, slammed all the way down stem, using conventional stem and handlebar. I can't send it until next few days.
Have you posted this pic of the slammed set up using classic stem? It's what I wanna build but not sure if it is viable for internal routing, would be using 3t aeroflux and extralite stem.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

BenCousins wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:44 pm
Scania123 wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:34 pm
BenCousins wrote:
Here's the list

- Bora WTO 45 DB
- Pro One Evolution (25 front, 28 back)
- Fabric Scoop Ultimate Shallow (I LOVE these saddles, been riding them on hire bikes this winter at Free Motion on Gran Can)
- Super Record Mechanical (53-39, 11-34, 175mm)
- Stem will either be an FSA ACR or something more standard, depending on our level of confidence regarding the mechanical shifter cable angles internally in the stem versus sitting underneath a standard stem. This is something I will look at in the store with a mechanic. Hopefully we can run some trial cables and housings into the frame and get a feel for the friction levels
- Vision Metron Aero ACR bars (this could change if I don't need an ACR compatible bar to a Pro Vibe Aero Superlight). I am undecided on 380 or 400mm

As a last resort I sell something expensive like a laptop or a watch and get EPS
Nice build. May have to drop you a DM as I'm in GC from Tuesday for the first time