Cannondale SuperSix Evo4

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

OUGrad05

by OUGrad05

caad4rep wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 4:31 pm
Has anyone gone from a Tarmac SL7 to an EVO4? Curious if there is any noticeable difference.
Going from memory...it's been awhile since I've been on an SL7. The Evo is more compliant and less stiff. I can't compare speed differences but the Evo is really fast. I've compared my first three rides to prior rides of similar intensity/conditions and I'm pretty shocked at how fast this bike is.

req110

by req110

Can somebody ultimately confirm what says sticker on bike? Made in China or Made in Taiwan?
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

S6ED

by S6ED

req110 wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:06 am
Can somebody ultimately confirm what says sticker on bike? Made in China or Made in Taiwan?
Made in China. Crazy surplus value.

https://www.matosvelo.fr/index.php?post ... er-et-aero
Attachments
Cannondale-SuperSix-EVO-Gen4-003.jpeg

StevieB

by StevieB

S6ED wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 3:42 pm
StevieB wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 3:30 pm
S6ED wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 2:44 pm
rayrick wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 2:07 pm
In fact (and folks can correct me if I'm wrong here), I believe one needs to use the delta-to-round spacers for *everything*, including the C'dale conceal stem (as discussed above) and the momo integrated bars that come equipped with the standard C'dale builds. I was under the misimpression for a while that the momo bars were manufactured specifically to fit the delta steerer, but it looks from the manual like they've got a round stem hole like everything else, so one could theoretically buy them as a stand-alone component (were they actually available!) and put them on a different bike.
Looks like these "fillers" have to be used regardless of type of stem/bar. In fact, Cdale provides two different ones, for the momo combo and for the conceal stem. I suppose/hope the ones or the others can/should be used with a normal stem.
Confirming that the black delta-to-round spacers ship with framesets and are what Cannondale intends for use with non-oem stems. The pink ones are intended for the Momo/SystemBar stem. There aren't many of the latter floating around and no one has weighed in on their dimensions to date, but my guess is that they only differ in height. The black ones are meant for stems with the industry-common 40mm stack height at the clamp. I wish they made some without the lower cutout and "feet" at the rear so they fully supported the stem top to bottom when running a standard stem. As it is, you can feel the difference when tightening the upper and lower stem clamp bolts; there's noticeably more flex on the bottom due to the cutouts, which aren't needed unless you're running internal brake lines.
Will it flex even if you slam the (standard) stem? Don't you have to run internal brake lines?
By flex I mean the amount of "give" when tightening the stem clamp bolts; the top bolt snugs up to spec'ed torque noticeablely more quickly than the bottom. That will vary by stem, of course. As for the brake lines, they're internal from the headset spacers down, but can be run externally before that. My setup is similar to what Ben Healy's EF Pro SSE4 looks like:

S6ED

by S6ED

StevieB wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:52 pm
S6ED wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 3:42 pm
StevieB wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 3:30 pm
S6ED wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 2:44 pm

Looks like these "fillers" have to be used regardless of type of stem/bar. In fact, Cdale provides two different ones, for the momo combo and for the conceal stem. I suppose/hope the ones or the others can/should be used with a normal stem.
Confirming that the black delta-to-round spacers ship with framesets and are what Cannondale intends for use with non-oem stems. The pink ones are intended for the Momo/SystemBar stem. There aren't many of the latter floating around and no one has weighed in on their dimensions to date, but my guess is that they only differ in height. The black ones are meant for stems with the industry-common 40mm stack height at the clamp. I wish they made some without the lower cutout and "feet" at the rear so they fully supported the stem top to bottom when running a standard stem. As it is, you can feel the difference when tightening the upper and lower stem clamp bolts; there's noticeably more flex on the bottom due to the cutouts, which aren't needed unless you're running internal brake lines.
Will it flex even if you slam the (standard) stem? Don't you have to run internal brake lines?
By flex I mean the amount of "give" when tightening the stem clamp bolts; the top bolt snugs up to spec'ed torque noticeablely more quickly than the bottom. That will vary by stem, of course. As for the brake lines, they're internal from the headset spacers down, but can be run externally before that. My setup is similar to what Ben Healy's EF Pro SSE4 looks like:

Nice. In this case a bar with an opening in the middle (where the stem clapms) is probably a good idea, so that one can route the hoses through the bar and through the stem into the delta steerer for an all internal non proprietary two piece cockpit. There are not so many bars with a hole in the middle but there are some.

Mocs123

by Mocs123

S6ED wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:14 am
req110 wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:06 am
Made in China. Crazy surplus value.

https://www.matosvelo.fr/index.php?post ... er-et-aero
The video I watched of the LAB 71 frameset had a "Made in Tiawan" sticker. I'm not sure if the Lab 71 frames are made in Tiawan and the Hi Mod in China or if they are making frames in more than one location.
2015 Wilier Zero.7 Rim - 6.37kg
2020 Trek Emonda SLR-7 Disc - 6.86kg
2023 Specialized SL7 - 7.18kg

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Mocs123 wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:37 pm
The video I watched of the LAB 71 frameset had a "Made in Tiawan" sticker. I'm not sure if the Lab 71 frames are made in Tiawan and the Hi Mod in China or if they are making frames in more than one location.
Maybe that. Got a Lab71 frameset here with a China sticker but pretty sure the Lab71 complete bike I had the other day said Taiwan. May have misremembered though.

Mocs123

by Mocs123

The GC Performance video on Youtube that is borrowing a bike from a shop in Florida for the video is Made in Tiawan. Perhaps they are being made both places?
2015 Wilier Zero.7 Rim - 6.37kg
2020 Trek Emonda SLR-7 Disc - 6.86kg
2023 Specialized SL7 - 7.18kg

oldmac

by oldmac

Mocs123 wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:12 pm
The GC Performance video on Youtube that is borrowing a bike from a shop in Florida for the video is Made in Tiawan. Perhaps they are being made both places?
Game of the customs tax 8)

alanyu

by alanyu

The factory is in Dongguan, China. The sticker doesn't really matter where the frame is made...

njleach

by njleach

StevieB wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:52 pm
By flex I mean the amount of "give" when tightening the stem clamp bolts; the top bolt snugs up to spec'ed torque noticeablely more quickly than the bottom. That will vary by stem, of course. As for the brake lines, they're internal from the headset spacers down, but can be run externally before that.
No wonder there is a bit of "give" when tightening when you look at the shape of the steerer in an otherwise normal round stem (which i understand facilitiates the internal cable routing):
IMG_0139.jpeg

Karvalo

by Karvalo

njleach wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:22 am
No wonder there is a bit of "give" when tightening when you look at the shape of the steerer in an otherwise normal round stem (which i understand facilitiates the internal cable routing):
You know that empty space in your pic doesn't stay empty, right?

njleach

by njleach

Karvalo wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:54 am
njleach wrote:
But the spacers don't run the full stem height, do they? Because the cables still need to be able to run next to the steerer

pmprego

by pmprego

njleach wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:40 am
Karvalo wrote:
njleach wrote:
But the spacers don't run the full stem height, do they? Because the cables still need to be able to run next to the steerer
For the stem they do. The cables enter beneath the stem clamping area. At most, you can argue that the headset part must have some empty space for the cables to go through.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

njleach wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:40 am
Karvalo wrote:
njleach wrote:
But the spacers don't run the full stem height, do they?
Yes, they do. Certainly the full height of the clamping zone.
Because the cables still need to be able to run next to the steerer
Not where the stem is. They exit the bottom of the stem into a cutout in the spacers, in front of the steerer tube.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com