Cannondale SuperSix Evo4

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eins4eins

by eins4eins

the vision acr clamping area is similar to a normal stem. But it has room above the steering tube covered by the proprietary top cap, to use for cable entry.
I assume thats also how EF made this bar work on the supersix.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

wickedstealthy wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:08 pm
pmprego wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:16 pm
What is the stem angle on the integrated or conceal stem? By the look of photos it seems to be between 10º or 17º. Can anyone confirm? Thks
Written already here here some pages back for the Momo bar

07BA5A20-9F21-4715-917C-6E81229C1751.jpeg
Oh, I like that there are 20mm flare. Hoped for 30-50mm flare, but 20mm is better than nothing.
Hope the regular non MoMo bar have the same dimension, and offer in 360mm size -- or 380mm size if it measure at the drop rather than the hood.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

StevieB

by StevieB

Hexsense wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:51 pm
wickedstealthy wrote:
pmprego wrote:
What is the stem angle on the integrated or conceal stem? By the look of photos it seems to be between 10º or 17º. Can anyone confirm? Thks

Oh, I like that there are 20mm flare. Hoped for 30-50mm flare, but 20mm is better than nothing.
Hope the regular non MoMo bar have the same dimension, and offer in 360mm size -- or 380mm size if it measure at the drop rather than the hood.
The narrowest Vision Trimax bars come in what they call a 38+10 cm, measured at the bar ends, and they're 36.8 cm at the hoods.

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

Hexsense wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:51 pm
wickedstealthy wrote:
pmprego wrote:

I posted the different combos a few pages back. I will get the 380 bar and it's measured at the hoods. I believe they are in 90 to 120.
If I don't like the bar I will sell it and get and exs one 😂
The dealer told me half of April they would be available. Just sent a mail where my lab71 is 🤣🤣🤣 I'm planning to relace the hollow gram wheels with tactic hubs again as I really like them. And the hollow gram wheels are 32mm which I really like.
I have already a Duke Baccara x with tactic hubs (29.5mm wide) in 56mm so can swap the wheels if I want.
Anyway running with the newest ultregra or dura ace the hoods will be around 36cm as they are tilted inwards

skinnybex

by skinnybex

I ordered my frame at 5pm est yesterday from R&A cycles and it shipped out today. It should arrive in 3-5 days. They had a few Hi-Mod and Lab71 frames available in stock. Unfortunately I'm out of town for 2 weeks but instead of being sad I have 12 days riding my Caledonia 5 in Girona to hold me over until I return home to Arkansas and build the bike.
23’ Cervelo Soloist / 6.88kg - 1x Crit Bike
22' Cervelo R5 / 6.35kg - Climbing Bike
22' Cervelo Caledonia 5 / 7.55kg - Travel Bike
21' Cervelo Aspero / 8.06kg - Gravel Travel Bike
23' Cervelo Aspero 5 / 8.25kg - Gravel Race Bike

Stendhal

by Stendhal

pmprego wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:04 pm
Stendhal wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:18 pm
StiffWeenies wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:55 am
Stendhal wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:23 am
I have the same frame one size larger coming. There is good advice on this thread, and from my bike shop, to wait for the frameset before buying a cockpit. Perhaps unwisely, I ordered a Vision Metron 5D ACR integrated barstem 3K finish from Hungary and it arrives in 2 days. Smart persons in this thread, and Warren Rossiter of Bike Radar, said that the frameset is compatible with ACR. Moreover, the linked article shows EF-Tibco-SVB riders using the same barstem. Therefore, I think it highly likely that the product will be compatible. The same barstem comes in a standard model (not 3K) with loud graphics but better availability.

https://bikerumor.com/cannondale-supers ... s-spotted/
Considering how the stock Cannondale cockpit and stem are installed with shims, there is a chance that EF installed the 5D ACR with an adapter that isn't yet available on the market
Good point, you may be right but I hope not. There must be a solution, though. Cannondale is selling framesets without a stem or handlebars, and not selling the Conceal stem or Momo barstem separately. Surely they wouldn't sell a frameset that can't be built up with other companies' components?
side question: what is the stem stack of that vision metron barstem? from photos it seems to be bigger than the more standard 40mm stack height of a stem. thanks!
Digging around on the Vision site, at the bottom under support and eventually documentation, I found a downloadable dimension chart. I'm going to try to paste the link here but not sure it will work, as you have to download it and then open on your device.

chrome://external-file/vision_integrated_handlebar_size.pdf

HERE'S HOW TO GET IT -- use this link to the collection page with the library of spec documents

https://www.visiontechusa.com/en/suppor ... tegory=174
Last edited by Stendhal on Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

Stendhal

by Stendhal

conradhughes wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:44 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptCSksykuPo found some video of the yellow!
Thanks Conrad! Not only is the colorway awesome, it's built with the Vision Metron 5D integrated barstem (and surely the ACR model), confirming that using that component is in some way possible.
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

Stendhal

by Stendhal

Stendhal wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:57 am
conradhughes wrote:
Thanks Conrad! Not only is the colorway awesome, it's built with the Vision Metron 5D integrated barstem (and surely the ACR model), confirming that using that component is in some way possible.
It is the ACR, duh, you can see that at 0:42.

The end of the video explains it was a bit of a hassle \ trick to install the 5D. Something about using the supplied top cap for the preload, then the ACR stem end cover goes over the cap \ drill a bolt? \ is cosmetic. This is why I am not a mechanic. I can change a standard stem but leave complex matters to Mike's Bikes.

conradhughes

by conradhughes

I reckon they're using the topcap to set the preload for the stem bolts, then removing it and swapping it for the 'cosmetic' one which isn't actually doing anything.

I'm currently using an S-Works stem at 140/-17, anyone have any product page or details for the Conceal stem? I'm all torso so would be great if they do it in 140mm.

Cannondale said (somewhere) that they're going to release a 'regular' fork expander too so you can use it with any top cap, but probably easier to just switch stems to their one.
Stendhal wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:30 am
Stendhal wrote:
conradhughes wrote:
It is the ACR, duh, you can see that at 0:42.

The end of the video explains it was a bit of a hassle \ trick to install the 5D. Something about using the supplied top cap for the preload, then the ACR stem end cover goes over the cap \ drill a bolt? \ is cosmetic. This is why I am not a mechanic. I can change a standard stem but leave complex matters to Mike's Bikes.

BenCousins

by BenCousins

Stendhal wrote:
conradhughes wrote:
Early articles from the launch confirmed that the bike was ACR-compatible. If you search the forum for ACR, you'll see the posts.

Anyway it's nice to finally have a video that shows all the parts that come with the frame (the ones they haven't mounted on this build)

Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 10.00.24.png

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

I wish I could get some more pics on the normal Evo 2 "raw" bike.
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"

charirider

by charirider

BenCousins wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:31 am
charirider wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:34 am
My ss evo2 in 56 size has 30mm tire clearance, light, sfiff, and more importantly rim brake.
I don't see any reasons to go for evo4, despite posh effect and hype.
Need to stock extra ss2 hm frame for the future!
You are 100% correct, if you want rim brakes and you don't care about aero there's no reason to buy this bike.
Right, no need for aero when you ride in mountains almost exclusively, here in Japan.
And sse2 also more stiffer than newer ones with dropped seatstays.
2018 Cannondale SuperSix EVO 2 rim size 56 (raw stripped) 6.9kg
2014 Bridgestone Anchor CX6 Equipe size 55 (cyclocross) 9.8kg

BenCousins

by BenCousins

charirider wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:53 pm
BenCousins wrote:
charirider wrote:
My ss evo2 in 56 size has 30mm tire clearance, light, sfiff, and more importantly rim brake.
You are 100% correct, if you want rim brakes and you don't care about aero there's no reason to buy this bike.
Right, no need for aero when you ride in mountains almost exclusively, here in Japan.
Did you read the Cannondale paper about the gradient at which the Systemsix stops being faster than the Supersix? Hint: it's quite steep, and the aero bike is faster in all other situations. So think about a ride: Everything apart form the sections of over 6% are faster (or less effort) on an aero bike.

tarmackev

by tarmackev

BenCousins wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:02 pm
charirider wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:53 pm
BenCousins wrote:
charirider wrote:
Did you read the Cannondale paper about the gradient at which the Systemsix stops being faster than the Supersix? Hint: it's quite steep, and the aero bike is faster in all other situations. So think about a ride: Everything apart form the sections of over 6% are faster (or less effort) on an aero bike.
Makes you wonder why they don'r ride the System Six in every race. Perhaps in real world conditions with buffeting air its not as black and white. Would love ride the System Six.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com