Cannondale SuperSix Evo4

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eins4eins

by eins4eins

Gen 1 and 2 were sold for eight years (2011-2019?). Gen 3 is three years old. Even with bikes getting destroyed its only logical that more old gen bikes are on the road.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

eins4eins wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:26 pm
Gen 1 and 2 were sold for eight years (2011-2019?). Gen 3 is three years old. Even with bikes getting destroyed its only logical that more old gen bikes are on the road.
Yes, it's true. But i kind of agree, 12(*2) isn't quite a big sales point and to be honest, neither is disc brakes.
If you had a top of the line 11 speed with rim brakes over 10K USD, a new similar bike would be atleast 12K USD (probably way more) and i don't know if it's really worth the money (IMO, not even close). It's OK having one expensive bike for cycling good weather and one gravel/ road (trash weather) for both these.
I could basically build same bike i now, the only difference would be 12 instead of 11 speed and disc brakes.
I really don't see myself invest in that. Maybe if something like Ceramic speeds transmission would appear.
That would be something that would raise eyebrows and make the brain boil.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tarmackev

by tarmackev

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:21 pm
The key for brand popularity around here is simply shop association. The more stores sell Cannondale, the more Cannondales you see. For a while there was one shop that was very willing to give just about anyone a “team deal” level discount, resulting in abnormally high numbers of a SSEs and Synapses seen on the road. That shop closed and Cannondale sightings became more rare.

The same even applies to Specialized. When Mike’s Bikes got dropped by Specialized after being bought-out by Pon, Specialized’s sales presence in the Bay Area evaporated overnight. It forced Specialized to fasttrack its DTC strategy, creating a special fulfillment/delivery service specific to NorCal in the process.
Same here, in the UK where I live. Local shop disounts Cervelo to anyone who races. S3's everyhwere, especially in the 80KG 300ftp brigade. Not that many Cannondale's around here though. In the Saeco days they were everywhere, with a smattering of TCR's. not much else though.

Bfriesen

by Bfriesen

flashpunk wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:12 pm
Funny, I just received a warranty SuperSix V3 frame that i've been waiting for since October of 2022. It has the new head tube C logo.

New frame looks great.

Hopefully theyve fixed the things I dont like about the v3:
- seat post clamp
- the dumb way the thru axles fit in (the weird hybrid Thru axle that can be removed without fully removing the axle)
- improved integrated routing. I've got the Farsports F1 bar and it was a hell of a difficult time to get it installed/set up
I just recieved a waranty frame last week from October 2021...

I actually really like both the cable routing and the speed release axles. It's nice to not have to fully remove the thru axle and find a place to set it down when removing the wheel. And I haven't expereinced any downsides at all. And as for the cable routing, I think it's one of the better solutions on the market. It can look nice and tidy, but it's easy to work on and doesn't run through the headset bearings or require a non round steerer tube.

Fully agree on the seat post clamp though, that thing absolutley sucks. And I think that the move to a threaded bottom bracket is positive although I haven't had any issues with the press fit on mine.
2020 Cannondale Supersix
2021 Argon 18 Gallium Disc
2018 Trek Crockett

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

The whole industry is based on N+1 (that is, until the pricing implosion happens this year). Lots of people just buy what's new and shiny, even if the "gains" are minimal.

I'm still on a CAAD10 which for all intents and purposes will forever be more bike than I can do justice with. Doesn't stop me from wanting a new aero bike, but it got me through skipping two generations of disc brake adapted design iterations.

Lina

by Lina

CaadDaddy wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:10 am
nooski wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:42 pm
CaadDaddy: Would be absolutely fantastic ;-)
I guess there is no CAAD 14. It would already be on the UCI frame approval.
https://assets.ctfassets.net/761l7gh5x5 ... mesets.pdf
The new SuperSixes are on the list. But what's really surprising is that the homologation date is listed as 08.10.2021 on all of them. If that's true and not just a typo then Cannondale has been sitting on this for over a year without it showing up in anywhere.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Lina wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:26 pm

The new SuperSixes are on the list. But what's really surprising is that the homologation date is listed as 08.10.2021 on all of them. If that's true and not just a typo then Cannondale has been sitting on this for over a year without it showing up in anywhere.

IOW, no reason to release something new when they couldn't even keep the old in stock during that time.

Lina

by Lina

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:00 am
Lina wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:26 pm

IOW, no reason to release something new when they couldn't even keep the old in stock during that time.
Even more so if you have a bunch of the old frames in your warehouse that you can't sell because you can't get groupsets anywhere. Otherwise you've got a bunch of old frames that you won't be able to sell without giving deep discounts just because you released something earlier. Especially when it's a time when you can sell everything you can get to the shops at full price.

SixThirteen

by SixThirteen

tarmackev wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:42 pm
TobinHatesYou wrote:
The key for brand popularity around here is simply shop association. The more stores sell Cannondale, the more Cannondales you see. For a while there was one shop that was very willing to give just about anyone a “team deal” level discount, resulting in abnormally high numbers of a SSEs and Synapses seen on the road. That shop closed and Cannondale sightings became more rare.

The same even applies to Specialized. When Mike’s Bikes got dropped by Specialized after being bought-out by Pon, Specialized’s sales presence in the Bay Area evaporated overnight. It forced Specialized to fasttrack its DTC strategy, creating a special fulfillment/delivery service specific to NorCal in the process.
Same here, in the UK where I live. Local shop disounts Cervelo to anyone who races. S3's everyhwere, especially in the 80KG 300ftp brigade. Not that many Cannondale's around here though. In the Saeco days they were everywhere, with a smattering of TCR's. not much else though.
I think I need to come wherever you live since I fit that category and have owned some S series bikes
Scott Foil RC10 Ultegra 12 speed / Creston 50 - 7.9Kg

PeytonM

by PeytonM

8AFBEDE1-F016-413F-9D3F-4F8CE2F01410.jpeg
0579AF1E-A32C-4353-87A8-99E16CE321A0.jpeg

PeytonM

by PeytonM

6443D3E2-7C90-40DB-8C90-D999A539E1A4.jpeg

yeyosupersix

by yeyosupersix

eins4eins wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:40 am
march would be awesome

Is there any way to get the st-Michel-Auber frames via cannondale or team auctions?. I really like their design more than EF or factory paint jobs.

C36

by C36

yeyosupersix wrote:
eins4eins wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:40 am
march would be awesome

Is there any way to get the st-Michel-Auber frames via cannondale or team auctions?. I really like their design more than EF or factory paint jobs.
Yes, some 2022 frames are for sale.

tarmackev

by tarmackev

SixThirteen wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:56 am
tarmackev wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:42 pm
TobinHatesYou wrote:

I think I need to come wherever you live since I fit that category and have owned some S series bikes
The middle of England.
I remember the Saeco dales being very average as everyone seemed to have them as winter bikes. I recall them always being kept immaculate by a couple of guys in the club. Seemed like they removed and stripped their cassette after every ride.

With the Caad13 they did the limited paint edition frames, the retro blue and Saeco red. I really really hope we can get at least one bike with a retro theme. I love the fade pain or full team replica.
Last few years I haven't been a fan.

Like others have said I liked the speed release on the last Cannondale's.

Ideally I'd love a retro Caad14.

robeambro

by robeambro

Does anyone know whether the gravel/cx version of the Evo follows the same update cycle, and if so, we can expect a new model to be presented this year? I personally would love a threaded-bb and integrated cables update..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com