Cannondale SuperSix Evo4

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eins4eins

by eins4eins

does someone have a picture of a size 54 supersix with momo, metron or any other integrated bars with 6° stem angle? i'm still undecided what to do, but am afraid that those cockpits would look wrong with slacker steering angle.

And while were at it, are there pictures of a bike with the 10mm standard stem bearing cover?
Last edited by eins4eins on Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

forklifter

by forklifter

Bettiol uses a size 54 with Vision cockpit and I guess all Vision cockpits are 6 degrees. Looks not too bad in my opinion but no wow effect here.
https://efprocycling.com/racing/alberto ... ersix-evo/

What do you mean by your last sentence? I measured the cover at 8mm. That's the minimum, you can't go any lower.

eins4eins

by eins4eins

thanks, doesn't look to bad.

last sentence meant the bearing cover for standard stems. I only received the tall one with my bike, but there seems to be one with lower stack and i assumed it to be 10mm.
Found some pictures where this cover is used with cockpits. Also not as bad as i thought.

GrassQ

by GrassQ

I think that Bettiols bike have vision made or some other special dustcover.It seems higher than Cannondales original.
With Vision bar and Cannondales original dustcover you need one spacer for cable routing under the stem and filler pieces.
I attched picture of my bike; that spacer could maybe be a couple mm lower but I am not sure. I use cannondales own spacers.
With conseal stem you can slam the front end totally to dust cap, and same with momo bar.

eins4eins

by eins4eins

i have the metron bar and the vision conversion kit here. Not installed yet but i think it will look similar to Bettiols bike. But the more i look at it, the less i like it.
The top of the handlebar isn't horizontal, but pointing upwards slightly due to the slacker steering angle. On size 56 its perfect though.

I should have spend more time researching before i bought the bike. Turns out its more difficult than i thought to find a clean solution for the cockpit.

Just ordered this. Interesting dimensions.

https://ogevkinbike.com/products/turbq- ... 0262057116

forklifter

by forklifter

I contacted my LBS with the seatpost issue. He has confirmed that the new bikes have the new clamping. However, there is no official recall and there is no safety risk. He will not replace the seat post or the clamp. He also said that the clamp is not available separately. At least that is not correct.

ColonelMustard

by ColonelMustard

forklifter wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:46 am
I contacted my LBS with the seatpost issue. He has confirmed that the new bikes have the new clamping. However, there is no official recall and there is no safety risk. He will not replace the seat post or the clamp. He also said that the clamp is not available separately. At least that is not correct.
From your post it sounds like your LBS didn't contact Cannondale to check with them? From what I've read on this thread, all that have had their seatpost issue reported to Cannondale have received a replacement seatpost and a new pink v2 binder (including myself).

hannawald

by hannawald

ColonelMustard wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:05 am
forklifter wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:46 am
From your post it sounds like your LBS didn't contact Cannondale to check with them? From what I've read on this thread, all that have had their seatpost issue reported to Cannondale have received a replacement seatpost and a new pink v2 binder (including myself).
It seems he doesn´t have any problem, just want new binder as a prevention? I would buy it with my own money anyway. For the peace of mind. Before that I would contact Cannondale myself. I know they want you to deal with your lbs but in this case they might be helpful.

forklifter

by forklifter

Hello, I can not find any contact to Cannondale. They want the customer to talk with lbs.
And no, I have no current issue like a broken seatpost. I have two seatpost with deep cuts in it like there were pictures of it in this thread.

The lbs said they had contact with Cannondale for this issue and Cannondale doenst give binder and seatpost for free to lbs. Dont know is this is true.

RDY

by RDY

It seems like a re-run of the SSE3 with various issues. Denial, refusal, blame, then an unofficial recall where they continued with denial and blame and encouraged many dealers to do the same, but offered replacements etc as a 'goodwill gesture'. Still at stage 1 here.

ColonelMustard

by ColonelMustard

forklifter wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:48 pm
Hello, I can not find any contact to Cannondale. They want the customer to talk with lbs.
And no, I have no current issue like a broken seatpost. I have two seatpost with deep cuts in it like there were pictures of it in this thread.

The lbs said they had contact with Cannondale for this issue and Cannondale doenst give binder and seatpost for free to lbs. Dont know is this is true.
Was same for me... I had to go to Cannondale via LBS. Those deep cuts should be warrantied by Cannondale, that's why they released the V3 seatbinder to address this issue with the V2. Cannondale (CSG in UK) sent my LBS a replacement seatpost and new seatbinder and they returned my old ones back to them. Did your LBS try and open a warranty claim with Cannondale?

forklifter

by forklifter

ColonelMustard wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:29 pm
forklifter wrote:

Was same for me... I had to go to Cannondale via LBS. Those deep cuts should be warrantied by Cannondale, that's why they released the V3 seatbinder to address this issue with the V2. Cannondale (CSG in UK) sent my LBS a replacement seatpost and new seatbinder and they returned my old ones back to them. Did your LBS try and open a warranty claim with Cannondale?
Thank you. No they didnt. He said it isnt a safety issue and Cannondale doenst offer replacement for it. He said they wouldnt get these parts seperatley, which isnt correct, because I can buy the parts in various web shops. He said they can only sell it with full frameset or bike.

Lina

by Lina

forklifter wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:32 pm
ColonelMustard wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:29 pm
forklifter wrote:

Thank you. No they didnt. He said it isnt a safety issue and Cannondale doenst offer replacement for it. He said they wouldnt get these parts seperatley, which isnt correct, because I can buy the parts in various web shops. He said they can only sell it with full frameset or bike.
This is an LBS issue, not a Cannondale issue for you then.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dscottp

by dscottp

:wink:
forklifter wrote:

Just today, my LBS told me that a new seat post clamp and seat post are en route from Cannondale as a warranty claim. This was just from pictures I sent them yesterday of my grey clamp and deeply gouged post yesterday. Quick and easy process.