Cannondale SuperSix Evo4

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eins4eins

by eins4eins

njleach wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:33 pm
The only brand who still offers some value for money for complete bikes is Canyon
And several other of the second tier brands. Cube for example. Test winning aero bike with ultegra di2 incl PM for 5.5k€.
People complain a lot about prices, but completely ignore that there are other brands besides specialized, trek, cannondale, etc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

njleach wrote:
Bfriesen wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:33 pm
So is this just brands realizing that the customers who actually buy these things are either doing so at a huge discount, or just don't care about price at all?
At this stage most large brands just seem to be taking the p*ss with their pricing, which was exacerbated by the increased demand during the Covid pandemic. Hopefully we'll get some more balance into the market later this year when demand flattens or even decreases slightly.

The only brand who still offers some value for money for complete bikes is Canyon
Nah, there are more small brands. Talking similar brands from Germany you have Rose and Cube.
Van ryssel, Kogas new bike is soon out and also
https://www.adrisport.com/
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Bfriesen

by Bfriesen

wheelsONfire wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:44 am
njleach wrote:
Bfriesen wrote:
So is this just brands realizing that the customers who actually buy these things are either doing so at a huge discount, or just don't care about price at all?
At this stage most large brands just seem to be taking the p*ss with their pricing, which was exacerbated by the increased demand during the Covid pandemic. Hopefully we'll get some more balance into the market later this year when demand flattens or even decreases slightly.

Nah, there are more small brands. Talking similar brands from Germany you have Rose and Cube.
Sure, I absolutely understand that there are a ton of smaller or more budget oriented brands that provide better value for money. But it's more the fact that these seem to be priced higher than the sum of it's parts. If anything, companies like specialized, trek and cannondale should be the ones with the economies of scale and purchasing power to buy groupsets and wheels at lower prices than the "little guys". I wonder if Shimano has reduced the discount that they are offering OEMs considering the supply chain constraints (which seem to have pretty much disappeared now).
2020 Cannondale Supersix
2021 Argon 18 Gallium Disc
2018 Trek Crockett

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Bfriesen wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:05 pm
wheelsONfire wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:44 am
njleach wrote:
Bfriesen wrote:

Sure, I absolutely understand that there are a ton of smaller or more budget oriented brands that provide better value for money. But it's more the fact that these seem to be priced higher than the sum of it's parts. If anything, companies like specialized, trek and cannondale should be the ones with the economies of scale and purchasing power to buy groupsets and wheels at lower prices than the "little guys". I wonder if Shimano has reduced the discount that they are offering OEMs considering the supply chain constraints (which seem to have pretty much disappeared now).
I have no idea why it has become so expensive with bikes. I am mostly amazed these top of the line bikes actually sell.
Personally i would never be able to buy one of these anymore. Next bike is probably something made of alu, might be custom though!
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

pmprego

by pmprego

wheelsONfire wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:44 pm

I have no idea why it has become so expensive with bikes. I am mostly amazed these top of the line bikes actually sell.
Personally i would never be able to buy one of these anymore. Next bike is probably something made of alu, might be custom though!
It really depends on where you live. For instance, in my country, buying a stock tarmac sl7 duraace equates to one year average salary. If you live in USA, the average one year salary would buy you 4 of those same tarmac sl7. Prices are relative to income. :)

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

pmprego wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:20 pm
wheelsONfire wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:44 pm

It really depends on where you live. For instance, in my country, buying a stock tarmac sl7 duraace equates to one year average salary. If you live in USA, the average one year salary would buy you 4 of those same tarmac sl7. Prices are relative to income. :)
I would probably get 1 1/3. Not really that much of a difference.
If i bought a Pinarello from Italy i would pay same. Needless to say what bike i would pick.
Problem is, inspite of both having disc brakes i would probably never take one of these out in worse conditions than my current rim brake bike.

Nah, perhaps it's better to go down a notch when it comes to a new bike.
Luckily i'm not crazy in love with the 12(*2) groupsets and not sure i am all that in for a new frameset either so i can wait.
I'd like to see something of a groupset that has way lower friction (revolution).
But hey, it's free to dream and maybe that's what we have to settle for :roll:
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

Stueys

by Stueys

Have they changed the steerer, or could we fit the new bar to the Evo 3?

ry5n

by ry5n

New steerer is triangular (“delta-shaped”) in cross-section. I don't think we've seen how the new one-piece cockpit interfaces with it yet.

oldmac

by oldmac

ry5n wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:08 pm
New steerer is triangular (“delta-shaped”) in cross-section. I don't think we've seen how the new one-piece cockpit interfaces with it yet.
The new one-piece handle bar is beautiful, it is designed by one famous company. You will love it.

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

No worries, you can use any round stem with Delta steerer too.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

RDY

by RDY

njleach wrote:
Bfriesen wrote:
I doubt it. They'll cut production or hold back supply and continue to increase prices. There'd need to be an almighty crash in order to rebalance things.

ry5n

by ry5n

> No worries, you can use any round stem with Delta steerer too.

How does that work? For other brands with non-round steerers, I think a shim is needed?

TomSte

by TomSte

Does anyone know when the embargo ends? Is it true that the official (online) presentation of the new Supersix is on the 8th of February? :noidea:

oldmac

by oldmac

TomSte wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:51 am
Does anyone know when the embargo ends? Is it true that the official (online) presentation of the new Supersix is on the 8th of February? :noidea:
Valentine's Day.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TomSte

by TomSte

oldmac wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:37 pm
Valentine's Day.
:thumbup: