Cannondale SuperSix Evo4

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AndreLM

by AndreLM

Karvalo wrote: All I'm saying is if you don't like your light being so fiddly to take off and charge, it really doesn't have to be.
OK then

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

forklifter wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:39 am
Some shops are ready to dismantle complete bikes and sell the frameset or build it up with your own parts, like in my case. Other shops dont. Just ask them :)
My shop does it. Straight seatpost, no dura ace crank but rotor with power2max, different saddle, 380 cockpit. Not sure yet about the wheels but they will take them if I want something different or relace them with different hubs only for the cost of the hubs

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

Quite an entertaining thread this with a discussion on several pages about a system that nobody fits likely but keep bitching about two *f##k* holes extra 😂

eins4eins

by eins4eins

mcmxcmv wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:31 pm

For example , EF went last year to Sibiu cycling tour in Romania and I saw their bikes closely. They were using yellow fluo frames non hi mod and fitted with ultegra and standard SI cranks. Not everbody have the top tiers.
You saw the EF NIPPO devo team, which is a third division team. On that level it is very common to run mid level equipment.

tarmackev

by tarmackev

wickedstealthy wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:11 pm
Quite an entertaining thread this with a discussion on several pages about a system that nobody fits likely but keep bitching about two *f##k* holes extra 😂
M :up: exactly

man1ac

by man1ac

So lets get back to topic then? :D Had some interesting discussions yesterday and it seems that the SSE will come with a stem. Cable integration will only be fully integrated with the Momo Handlebar, which cant be bought seperately :D
"Cables" will run unterneath the stem and enter the headset there. From what Ive seen (dunno if I can post it) it looks "okay" at best. For a 2023 high end Model (its the Lab 71...) thats almost a dealbreaker for me.
Canyon will sell you the lower end spec ultimates at under 4k fully neat integrated and here you have to spent 15k. lmao.

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

man1ac wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:31 am
So lets get back to topic then? :D Had some interesting discussions yesterday and it seems that the SSE will come with a stem. Cable integration will only be fully integrated with the Momo Handlebar, which cant be bought seperately :D
"Cables" will run unterneath the stem and enter the headset there. From what Ive seen (dunno if I can post it) it looks "okay" at best. For a 2023 high end Model (its the Lab 71...) thats almost a dealbreaker for me.
Canyon will sell you the lower end spec ultimates at under 4k fully neat integrated and here you have to spent 15k. lmao.
It doesn't look too bad?
Cannondale-SuperSix-EVO-Gen4-025.jpg
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"

man1ac

by man1ac

From what Ive seen, thats not the sem the Lab71 Framesets will come with. The stem they come with dont allow the cables to go integrated through the stem.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

man1ac wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:04 am
From what Ive seen, thats not the sem the Lab71 Framesets will come with. The stem they come with dont allow the cables to go integrated through the stem.

It's pretty clearly a proprietary stem with its own topcap/cover solution that also fits neatly onto the cable integration headset cover.
Last edited by TobinHatesYou on Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

man1ac

by man1ac

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:32 am
It's pretty clearly a proprietary stem with its own topcap/cover solution that also fits neatly onto the cable integration headset cover.
This may be true but my source is the official cannondale dealer document with real life pictures of different handlebars that show how to mount them :D
And believe me or dont: The Lab71 framesets WILL COME with a stem. Info comes directly from my cannondale dealer. (Europe based, dunno if that changes something)

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

man1ac wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:35 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:
This may be true but my source is the official cannondale dealer document with real life pictures of different handlebars that show how to mount them :D
And believe me or dont: The Lab71 framesets WILL COME with a stem. Info comes directly from my cannondale dealer. (Europe based, dunno if that changes something)

The Lab71 frameset is not listed as coming with a stem, but it is listed as coming with a seatpost.

The stem shown above is the "C1 Conceal" stem

man1ac

by man1ac

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:37 am
man1ac wrote:
TobinHatesYou wrote:

The Lab71 frameset is not listed as coming with a stem, but it is listed as coming with a seatpost.

Then don't believe me, couldn't care less. I trust the official Cannondale documents a bit more. I'll ask if I can show pictures of the document as proof.

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:37 am
man1ac wrote:
TobinHatesYou wrote:

Jip.
Also see that on our South African Cannondale webpage. No stem. Just post.

Correct on the stem. Cannondale "C1 Conceal"
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Spinnekop wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:06 am

Jip.
Also see that on our South African Cannondale webpage. No stem. Just post.

Correct on the stem. Cannondale "C1 Conceal"

Older product photography shows the Conceal stem with the framesets, but not anymore. I suspect they originally intended to include it, but then realized it wasn't worth shipping 100mm stems with 54cm frames (for example) only for half the owners to swap them out for 90 or 110mm stems.

I'm sure the service manuals show many different setup configurations...just like any service manual would.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

man1ac wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:31 am
The Momo can't be bought seperately yet. It will be available in Autumn.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com