Cannondale SuperSix Evo4

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

alanyu wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:06 am
Does evo 4 come with any kind of chainstay protector or a built-in protector?
Very thin layer of tape
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lina

by Lina

Karvalo wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:08 am
robbosmans wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:45 am
Karvalo wrote:
robbosmans wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:20 pm
FSA ACR is adopted by a lot of brands,
Like who out of the major players and not niche brands? Anyone on remotely the same scale as Cannondale?
Merida, BH, Bianchi, DeRosa, and many more
So just Merida. Every other brand on remotely the same scale as Cannondale (and plenty who are smaller) designs their own system. So what's strange about Cannondale doing it too?
Not strange but annoying. They're doing it to lock you into their ecosystem. But while doing that they're not providing the customers with any options to actually change stuff. No bike brand is going to offer stems/bars in all the same configurations as you can find from all the stem/bar manufacturers out there. You're lucky if you get 3 different handlebar widths all with the same geometry otherwise. You're also lucky if you get stems from 90 - 140 mm in one angle. If you get unlucky you get like 4 different barstems where the width goes up as the stem length goes up. Or if you get really unlucky you can't even purchase different sized cockpit parts because they're not available. Now compare that to what would be available to you if they just picked a standard that is used by plenty of others. You as the paying customer could just go to the nearest bike shop and you'd have some options. If you looked up online you'd have an endless array of options.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Spinnekop wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:50 am
Cannondale is in the business of making bikes.
FSA is in the business of making stems, bars, wheels etc.
That ship sailed long ago. All major bike brands are also in the business of making bars, stems, wheels etc.
If Cannondale adopted FSA, I would not be stuck with a 100mm stem at the moment (Months before Cannondale will get stock of their new stem to service my request) and I could have walked to my local bike shop and buy an FSA longer stem. Something they would have had on the shelf.
??? You can walk to your local bike shop and buy an FSA stem for this bike if you want to. You don't have to use Cannondale's own.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Lina wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:33 am
They're doing it to lock you into their ecosystem.
They haven't locked you into their ecosystem. Everything you've just complained about not being able to do, you can do.

JaimeC

by JaimeC

Spinnekop wrote:

If Cannondale adopted FSA, I would not be stuck with a 100mm stem at the moment (Months before Cannondale will get stock of their new stem to service my request) and I could have walked to my local bike shop and buy an FSA longer stem. Something they would have had on the shelf.
A little confused by being stuck with an incorrect stem size as well. If I were you I'd sell the 100mm conceal stem to someone who bought just the frameset because those didn't come with the conceal stem at all. I'm just throwing an Easton stem on mine until they release the conceal stems in August. It won't be as pretty, but at least it will match my fit.

StevieB

by StevieB

TWraab wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:59 am
Built a 51 HiMod up a month ago to the day. 12 speed Ultegra aside from the DA crank. Been playing with a few setups through the month. Just waiting on the Momo bar but have been happy with the conceal and some cheap FSA energy bars for now. Clocked in at 7.28kg or 16.05lbs with some cadex ultra 50 wheels. 7.03kg or 15.5lbs with farsports 30mm. Then 7.12kg or 15.7lbs with farsports 45mm.
Should be able to dip down to 6.8 with the momo setup and light wheels but for now have been just running Hunt aluminum Aero Wides and nice thick tires. Considering a swap to the Rotor Aldhu Carbon crank to save a few hundred grams as well. But all in very happy with how it builds up.

On the road I've been really happy, coming from an Evo3 it's not an insane change but certainly an improvement on an already solid bike. It's more versatile than ever and a joy to ride.

I'm not noticing any flex in the steerer so that flex might just be limited to the high stack setups. Before everything was preloaded and tightened the stem moved around way more than I expected but once loaded it feels rock solid with a low stack setup.
Nice! Those are some hefty Panaracers on the Hunts; 35's?

Not surprised you're not seeing flex at the bars; kind of best case scenario with a small frame (same size as mine), slammed setup and Conceal stem.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

If anyone is in the UK and looking for availability (or at least that’s what the website says) ,
Startfitness have the Evo1 with Force AXS with 10% discount. Personally I am just after a himod frame but they don’t seem to be in the supply chain yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stendhal

by Stendhal

Karvalo wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:24 am
Spinnekop wrote:
Cannondale is in the business of making bikes.
FSA is in the business of making stems, bars, wheels etc.
That ship sailed long ago. All major bike brands are also in the business of making bars, stems, wheels etc.
??? You can walk to your local bike shop and buy an FSA stem for this bike if you want to. You don't have to use Cannondale's own.
Indeed, you literally cannot use Cannondale's own stem or integrated barstem if you buy a frameset today; those components are not yet available for purchase.

Hopefully my size 56 hi-mod will be ready from the shop today. After trying out the stem spacers that came with the Vision Metron 5D ACR, the mechanic decided to use the stem spacers that come with the frameset -- exactly as had been advised on this board. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

skinnybex

by skinnybex

I have everything ready for my build except the Vision Trimax Carbon aero 38mm which passed customs yesterday so hopefully I'll get the bars tomorrow and build Friday. I'll either use the extralite 120mm stem I bought with the bars and normal round spacers or I'll use an Sworks tarmac sl7 stem I have and see how the split spacers included with the frame look and integrate.
23’ Cervelo Soloist / 6.88kg - 1x Crit Bike
22' Cervelo R5 / 6.35kg - Climbing Bike
22' Cervelo Caledonia 5 / 7.55kg - Travel Bike
21' Cervelo Aspero / 8.06kg - Gravel Travel Bike
23' Cervelo Aspero 5 / 8.25kg - Gravel Race Bike

TWraab

by TWraab

bmrk wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:47 am
TWraab wrote:
Built a 51 HiMod up a month ago to the day. 12 speed Ultegra aside from the DA crank. Been playing with a few setups through the month. Just waiting on the Momo bar but have been happy with the conceal and some cheap FSA energy bars for now. Clocked in at 7.28kg or 16.05lbs with some cadex ultra 50 wheels. 7.03kg or 15.5lbs with farsports 30mm. Then 7.12kg or 15.7lbs with farsports 45mm.
Should be able to dip down to 6.8 with the momo setup and light wheels but for now have been just running Hunt aluminum Aero Wides and nice thick tires. Considering a swap to the Rotor Aldhu Carbon crank to save a few hundred grams as well. But all in very happy with how it builds up.

725C4DCA-FDCF-4948-8BEC-1BE68C765CD8.jpeg

DA5CBD20-387D-4306-845C-8D02AD8F6B47.jpeg

On the road I've been really happy, coming from an Evo3 it's not an insane change but certainly an improvement on an already solid bike. It's more versatile than ever and a joy to ride.

I'm not noticing any flex in the steerer so that flex might just be limited to the high stack setups. Before everything was preloaded and tightened the stem moved around way more than I expected but once loaded it feels rock solid with a low stack setup.
Which is size is the frame? Which cassette is that?

Thanks!
It's a size 51 and the cassette is a cheap yet reasonably light 11-32 from Aliexpress for now, since shimano doesn't do an 11-32. Swapping to a Prestacycle Uniblock soon.

TWraab

by TWraab

StevieB wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:17 pm
TWraab wrote:

Nice! Those are some hefty Panaracers on the Hunts; 35's?

Not surprised you're not seeing flex at the bars; kind of best case scenario with a small frame (same size as mine), slammed setup and Conceal stem.
Thanks! They are 32 but measure up closer to 33. Test fit a set of 35s with no problems though, likely will run those next winter.

bmrk

by bmrk

TWraab wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:09 am
bmrk wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:47 am
TWraab wrote:

725C4DCA-FDCF-4948-8BEC-1BE68C765CD8.jpeg

DA5CBD20-387D-4306-845C-8D02AD8F6B47.jpeg

Which is size is the frame? Which cassette is that?

Thanks!
It's a size 51 and the cassette is a cheap yet reasonably light 11-32 from Aliexpress for now, since shimano doesn't do an 11-32. Swapping to a Prestacycle Uniblock soon.
Does it shifts well? can you share the aliexpress link?
Thanks!

ichobi

by ichobi

52cm with hanger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mocs123

by Mocs123

Thanks for posting weights. While the Lab 71 probably isn't in my future, I'd love to see actual painted weights of the regular Hi Mod and non Hi Mod frames as people do builds. The SS Evo "2" looks like a great deal with Ultegra Di2, carbon wheels and handlebar. I'm just curious what the actual weights are.
2015 Wilier Zero.7 Rim - 6.37kg
2020 Trek Emonda SLR-7 Disc - 6.86kg
2023 Specialized SL7 - 7.18kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stendhal

by Stendhal

Mocs123 wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:42 pm
Thanks for posting weights. While the Lab 71 probably isn't in my future, I'd love to see actual painted weights of the regular Hi Mod and non Hi Mod frames as people do builds. The SS Evo "2" looks like a great deal with Ultegra Di2, carbon wheels and handlebar. I'm just curious what the actual weights are.
See page 60 above -- size 56 Hi Mod Laguna Yellow = .84 kg
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum