Cannondale SuperSix Evo4

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SimonWang

by SimonWang

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Attachments
1676037010921.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

SimonWang wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:04 pm
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Sold 😂 That's the only color ? Or anything special except paint

tarmackev

by tarmackev

That's a great looking bike.
Can't wait to see the rest of the range. Hopefully there's a little colour.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Massive improvement over the current model

X5SAE

by X5SAE

I second that ^^
Road
Cube Agree C:62 SLT 2021 (frame+fork) DA 9270 6.9x kg - ride-ready 7.25 kg w/pedals, cages, sensors, Wahoo mount

Gravel
Velobuild GF-002 Force AXS 7.5 kg, ride-ready 7.775 kg w/200 ml Stan‘s, pedals, cages, sensors, Wahoo/Cateye mounts

pmprego

by pmprego

Release date, any info?

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

robbosmans wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:09 pm
One of the nicest bikes currently I have seen. Simple, clean and nice lines. And above all ditched that porky spacerstack

RDY

by RDY

robbosmans wrote:
Don't jump the gun. Remember the litany of issues the first 2 years of the current one had. No guarantee this won't also be a shitshow, even if Cannondale do appear to have improved a bit.

Singular

by Singular

One of the best Teammachines!

njleach

by njleach

A nice looking bike for sure, however I hope they have some decent paint options this year.

The paint job on the 2023 Astana Wilier Triestina Filante is absolutely stunning.

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

njleach wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:12 am
A nice looking bike for sure, however I hope they have some decent paint options this year.

The paint job on the 2023 Astana Wilier Triestina Filante is absolutely stunning.
Basically a copy from the previous v3rs frozen red (many times copied on custom bike paint jobs) But beware as this kind of paint is quite sensitive to chipping

Discodan

by Discodan

RDY wrote:
robbosmans wrote:
Don't jump the gun. Remember the litany of issues the first 2 years of the current one had. No guarantee this won't also be a shitshow, even if Cannondale do appear to have improved a bit.
I’d hardly call it a litany of issues; some people had issues with the steerer lock and some people had creaking seat posts. Lots of people had neither problem.

Now the aeroad, that was a shitshow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hannawald

by hannawald

Discodan wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:22 am
RDY wrote:
robbosmans wrote:
I’d hardly call it a litany of issues; some people had issues with the steerer lock and some people had creaking seat posts. Lots of people had neither problem.

I know about 3 people having the bike. All of them had issues with the creaking seatpost clamp, one with steerer lock (warrantied) and one had a problem with 160mm rotor touching the fork on DT Swiss/Carbon Ti hub (Cannondale hub was ok). According to Cannondale it was a feature and not fault and was not warrantied (even though on other frames of the same bike it was ok). They improved with new model year but it is a sign you might not buy the first production pieces and wait until they improve their manufacturing.

tarmackev

by tarmackev

I have the Supersix Evo CX, the version that came out last year.
No issues at all so hopefully they've corrected the issues for the new one.
Seatpost clamp is fine. That being said all seat post bung style clamps I've ever used you've had to over torque so you could say there is a problem.
Apart from that it's a great frame.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

hannawald wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:33 am
Discodan wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:22 am
RDY wrote:
robbosmans wrote:

I know about 3 people having the bike. All of them had issues with the creaking seatpost clamp, one with steerer lock (warrantied) and one had a problem with 160mm rotor touching the fork on DT Swiss/Carbon Ti hub (Cannondale hub was ok). According to Cannondale it was a feature and not fault and was not warrantied (even though on other frames of the same bike it was ok). They improved with new model year but it is a sign you might not buy the first production pieces and wait until they improve their manufacturing.
Maybe but the Canyon story learned that shit started a lot later.
I consider this supersix more of an evolution then a new model. The steering lock issue should not be there anymore etc