Cannondale SuperSix Evo4

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

neostocovick

by neostocovick

johnpuga1982 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:42 am
neostocovick wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:54 pm
johnpuga1982 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:36 pm
If you are replacing the handlebars you will have to cut the brake line to cut the barb off and remove the conceal stem. Then you'll need to bleed your brakes.

If you're just cutting the steer tube to lower the handlebar height, you do not need to bleed the brakes.
Thank you for explaining. If I am just lowering the handlebar height, wouldn't that make the brake lines longer and prone to hitting the inside of the frame creating unwanted noises?
The extra brake line will live in the handle bars. I think this is a good thing. I just replaced the conceal stem on my friend's Hi-Mod, went from 90mm to a 120mm stem. He had plenty of brake line left over after whoever cut the steerer tube. With the extra brake line I was able to cut the barb off, rerouted the brake lines through the longer stem, and then reattach the line to the leaver.

I'm not sure where you are in your quest for the pefect fit, but the extra line can come in handy if you choose to change out the stem and/or handlebars in the future.
Makes sense! Thank you for explaining.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ColonelMustard

by ColonelMustard

daukstik wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:19 am
mcmxcmv wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:41 am
Hello,

Have you got the bike inspected at a cannondale dealer or you just wrote them about the issue ? I'm in the same possition as you , and Iit looks like there are some marks from the clamp on the seatpost
i brought in the seatpost the clamp to an REI by me and explained it. They initiated a warranty claim as you can not do that directly as a consumer. I am not waiting for cannondale to get me replacements.
Hi -
I had this exact same problem on my Lab71 frame, it had the V1 seat binder not the pink V2. I went in to my local bike shop (in UK), a Cannondale Dealer, and they contacted CSG filing a warranty claim. I had the replacement part (the V2 pink binder) and a new replacement Seatpost 2 days later.

The point I'm trying to make is you should be able to go into any Cannondale dealer and do this, not just from the place you purchased. I purchased my frameset online not from this local bike shop.

daukstik

by daukstik

ColonelMustard wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:23 am
daukstik wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:19 am
mcmxcmv wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:41 am
Hello,

Have you got the bike inspected at a cannondale dealer or you just wrote them about the issue ? I'm in the same possition as you , and Iit looks like there are some marks from the clamp on the seatpost
i brought in the seatpost the clamp to an REI by me and explained it. They initiated a warranty claim as you can not do that directly as a consumer. I am not waiting for cannondale to get me replacements.
Hi -
I had this exact same problem on my Lab71 frame, it had the V1 seat binder not the pink V2. I went in to my local bike shop (in UK), a Cannondale Dealer, and they contacted CSG filing a warranty claim. I had the replacement part (the V2 pink binder) and a new replacement Seatpost 2 days later.

The point I'm trying to make is you should be able to go into any Cannondale dealer and do this, not just from the place you purchased. I purchased my frameset online not from this local bike shop.
yeah understood, i'm doing the same thing

i purchased mine from strictly bicycles online on the east coast but brought it to a local REI for the warranty claim

currently in process, turnaround time not as quick as yours but seems like they are on it

my bigger issue is this was a clear danger to riders and they did nothing proactively

ChairmanJiang

by ChairmanJiang

I noticed that the seatpost clamp on the SSE4 for the MY24 is blue, is it a V3 version?

sigma

by sigma

I think I spotted a new Lab71 colorway today - looks like it's almost all reddish but might have been a custom job. Other than the new EF paint, does anyone know what the expected colors are for MY25 for the Lab71?
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

ColonelMustard

by ColonelMustard

neostocovick wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:08 pm

Thank you! I've been trying to get the Momo bar for the past eight months, and if I can't get them in another couple of months, I might just wait for the new vision's.

Do we need to bleed the brakes and redo them when lowering the handlebar height?

Edit: vision just released the new 5D evo https://shop.visiontechusa.com/en/type/ ... 1710269615
I'm considering the new Metron 5D ACR Evo also... looking at online info so far it's not clear how the top cap assembley would fit the Evo4. From the pics doesnt look like theres enough room under the 5D ACR EVO Top Cap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1E_vxJN1UQ
Attachments
5dacrevo2.png
5dacrevo.png
acr_evo_pdf.png

GrassQ

by GrassQ

Here are stemclamp dimensions of the new arc evo
The total height of the stem including cap is 40mm.
The height of the stem excluding cap is 35mm. Same as in ARC 5D 3K

I think that round expander bolt doenst fit under the top cap.
But with the same system than conceal stem/top cap bolt

eins4eins

by eins4eins

Vision will probably offer a different top cap with a sleeve nut for the supersix. Similar to their current kit for the standard metron ACR.

ColonelMustard

by ColonelMustard

eins4eins wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:00 pm
Vision will probably offer a different top cap with a sleeve nut for the supersix. Similar to their current kit for the standard metron ACR.
Just got a response from Vision/FSA Support saying:
"...top cap for Evo 4 will be available soon (roughly late April to mid May), as the 5D EVO handlebar is a newly released product we are working to give as much compatibility as possible."

forklifter

by forklifter

Has anyone heard anything about rumors that there will be a Conceal stem with a steeper angle? Maybe -10 or -12. There are two options -6 and +6. Dont know if anyone out there is using a +6 stem on a race bike.

Loi

by Loi

forklifter wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:06 pm
Dont know if anyone out there is using a +6 stem on a race bike.
Facebook is full of pics of Himods with spacers, +6 stems, and frame bags. :noidea:

forklifter

by forklifter

Loi wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:13 pm
forklifter wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:06 pm
Dont know if anyone out there is using a +6 stem on a race bike.
Facebook is full of pics of Himods with spacers, +6 stems, and frame bags. :noidea:
Hmm, dont agree. I never saw any with +6 on IG, but dont have FB.
I have a size 54 and the -6 stock stem goes up to the sky. Can not imagine what a +6 would look like :shock:

hannawald

by hannawald

Is it possible to run Momo bars with round spacer above them just to try I can lower my bars before I cut the steerer? (Of course without the rubber cover)

harblhat

by harblhat

hannawald wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:34 pm
Is it possible to run Momo bars with round spacer above them just to try I can lower my bars before I cut the steerer? (Of course without the rubber cover)
Yes, but don't do this for extended periods or under high load because the expander will not fully support the stem clamp this way

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mavericksam

by mavericksam

Just gotten my HM. Using Avian Canary and the custom 3D printed spacers are nice.
Attachments
IMG_5311.jpeg