Cannondale SuperSix Evo4

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

hannawald

by hannawald

GrassQ wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:04 pm
hannawald wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:24 am
Anybody uses 33mm CX tires on Supersix and rides it like dual purpose bike road/light gravel?
I think Lachlan Morton did that with previous generation before he moved to Supersix SE version...
Couple of gravel championships were won on race bikes so I guess for forest paths without bigger stones 33mm should be ok?
I ride light gravel with my supersix. Tyres are Vittoria N.ext 34 mm, which are 37 mm width in my iv 25 mm rims. Tyre clearance are in tightest at seatstays and non drive chainstay 3 mm.
Althouhg its not a gravel (or cx) bike, it works well in my usage, about 10-15 % gravel and rest is various condition asphalt. Maybe only consider is that bike is astm 1 conditon bike (road usage), and maybe more fragile than "normal weight" road bikes

interesting, thanks! You are the 2nd person who told me he uses Corsa Next 34 for light gravel. 3mm is a bit tight clearance but if I put them on rims with 21-23 internal width it probably should be fine. Something like your picture is what I aim for, no rock gardens etc:)

LeMillion

by LeMillion

ridenfish39 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 5:10 pm
Anyone know of a lighter computer mount for thr Momo bars? And not one that costs 100 bucks?
If you have a garmin MagCad currently makes one for the bars. Wahoo is on the list but no ETA when.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GrassQ

by GrassQ

I could say that my rides are in tarmac and there are or can be gravel sections between. Therefore I chose hight volume, slick and robust road tyres.
Tyre clearance is imo in limit, but with slick tyres its ok for me.

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

LeMillion wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:29 am
ridenfish39 wrote:
Anyone know of a lighter computer mount for thr Momo bars? And not one that costs 100 bucks?
If you have a garmin MagCad currently makes one for the bars. Wahoo is on the list but no ETA when.
Looks to only work with the smaller Garmin units. Doesn't fit the 1040.

ColonelMustard

by ColonelMustard

ridenfish39 wrote:
This article: https://road.cc/content/feature/staff-b ... b71-303451
Mentions the raceware: https://www.racewaredirect.co/shop/garm ... mo-design/
is around 15g lighter

ColonelMustard

by ColonelMustard

gurk700 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 5:37 am
2 - If you don't know how good "chinese crap" is nowadays you're delusional, uninformed or ignorant.
I gave up waiting on stock of the MOMOs in 400 x110 and the new Metron 5d Evo bars so went for the EXS Aerovers. Done a couple of hundred miles on them and am loving them.
Attachments
20240615_102555.jpg
20240615_102013.jpg

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

ColonelMustard wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 11:44 am
gurk700 wrote:
2 - If you don't know how good "chinese crap" is nowadays you're delusional, uninformed or ignorant.
I gave up waiting on stock of the MOMOs in 400 x110 and the new Metron 5d Evo bars so went for the EXS Aerovers. Done a couple of hundred miles on them and am loving them.
Hahaha. I love how you gave up waiting for a "rare" cockpit and managed to find "the holy grail of rarity" in the EXS Aerover. Holy crap, that's like the most out of stock product in recent weight weenie history, lol. I'm exaggerating but what animal did you sacrifice to get one? They release like 5 items at random times with very little notice. I've been trying to get my size for what seems like ages. On the otherhand, it took me about 5 minutes to find the Momo bar in my size. I had to give up trying for the Aerover and ended up just buying the Momo.

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

Loi wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 1:30 pm
If you tell me where to get the HM for $6600, I will take it and you can have the other one ;-).
If you're serious about this let me know. I'm sure they'd transfer the sale over to you.

Conte's Bikes is having some sales on the 4 spec (mech 105) and 3 spec (105 Di2). 26% off the 4 spec and 29% off the 3 spec. Both pretty good deals.

ColonelMustard

by ColonelMustard

BikeTyson wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 12:10 pm
ColonelMustard wrote:
gurk700 wrote:
Hahaha. I love how you gave up waiting for a "rare" cockpit and managed to find "the holy grail of rarity" in the EXS Aerover. Holy crap, that's like the most out of stock product in recent weight weenie history, lol. I'm exaggerating but what animal did you sacrifice to get one? They release like 5 items at random times with very little notice. I've been trying to get my size for what seems like ages. On the otherhand, it took me about 5 minutes to find the Momo bar in my size. I had to give up trying for the Aerover and ended up just buying the Momo.
ha ha... LOL!! I had a friend who was keeping an eye on instagram and he noticed stock of my size so i jumped on it, guess I lucked out :-) They are very nice in the flesh though I would 100% recommend. Only slight criticism is the garmin mount is very long (aesthetics), I have an Edge 830, but have got used to it now.

BobbyB

by BobbyB

Just a quick post to about how this bike handles.

I've seen a few posts on the flexy front fork/delta steerer which may be technically correct, however I can confirm categorically that this bike rips downhill. I tested it today on some long, fast descents (in the Dolomites) and it was superb. I'm a good descender and flew by hundreds of people at the same event (still controlled and safe!), carving bends at 50mph with absolutely no worries.

So, don't have any worries about the ability of this bike to descend, it's all in the rider! 😎

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

ColonelMustard wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:18 pm
BikeTyson wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 12:10 pm
ColonelMustard wrote:
gurk700 wrote:
ha ha... LOL!! I had a friend who was keeping an eye on instagram and he noticed stock of my size so i jumped on it, guess I lucked out :-) They are very nice in the flesh though I would 100% recommend. Only slight criticism is the garmin mount is very long (aesthetics), I have an Edge 830, but have got used to it now.
Have heard nothing but good things about it, so I'm envious. And makes sense why it's bought up so fast. I still keep an ear to the ground and would probably still pick one up if I could. I use a 1040 so the long mount is fine with me.

johnpuga1982

by johnpuga1982

BobbyB wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 4:27 pm
Just a quick post to about how this bike handles.

I've seen a few posts on the flexy front fork/delta steerer which may be technically correct, however I can confirm categorically that this bike rips downhill. I tested it today on some long, fast descents (in the Dolomites) and it was superb. I'm a good descender and flew by hundreds of people at the same event (still controlled and safe!), carving bends at 50mph with absolutely no worries.

So, don't have any worries about the ability of this bike to descend, it's all in the rider! 😎
I've had the same experience on my bike. It excels on descents!

gurk700

by gurk700

I had to beg dudemanppl and pay 50% over retail for a used EXS in 36x110 :')

Then switched to rovals... lol. If anyone wants it as bad as I did, I'll sell. Otherwise, best spare part to keep ever.

Jz91

by Jz91

Lol regarding chinese brands...I'm not sure what the quality or image perception of Momo is abroad but in Italy (its home country) nowadays it is essentially the design brand for helmets intended for people riding Vespas (yes the mopeds) and back in the days for tuning kits of mostly city cars of dubious style and design.

So in all fairness, I wouldn't be so proud of running a Momo bar on my bike (in fact I would never want to have one) but again the perception of the brand abroad might be different.

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

Jz91 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 7:34 pm
Lol regarding chinese brands...I'm not sure what the quality or image perception of Momo is abroad but in Italy (its home country) nowadays it is essentially the design brand for helmets intended for people riding Vespas (yes the mopeds) and back in the days for tuning kits of mostly city cars of dubious style and design.

So in all fairness, I wouldn't be so proud of running a Momo bar on my bike (in fact I would never want to have one) but again the perception of the brand abroad might be different.
I literally had never heard of Momo until I was buying these bars. Still don't know what they do really. I'm not buying them for the name. I'm buying them because they are the one piece cockpit designed for this bike. The decision process was: I'm buying a SuperSix and want a 1-piece cockpit. Is EXS in stock? No. What bars does Cannondale make that are meant for this bike? Ok I'll buy those. They look good at least.

Also, what's wrong with Vespas? Is that supposed to be a bad thing? I don't get it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com