Colnago V4Rs

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fogman

by fogman

^^^This. One of my favorite paint jobs was the “Frozen” on the C64 and V3Rs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

I Must say, that Eventhough the changes were minuscule, the spec changes are all the right ones (for me). ENVE SES wheels, Shimano Groupsets. That's super nice, and awesome to see ENVE going hookless on the world tour stage!
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

robeambro

by robeambro

Quite slack HTA - is this new or is it a traditional V-series trait?

vinc

by vinc

robeambro wrote:Quite slack HTA - is this new or is it a traditional V-series trait?
Actually, to me it just isn’t a Colnago anymore when you create a new bike frame with a totally different geometry. Even the sizing isn’t what it has always been. And then a C series without real lugs. Looks like Ernesto only sold the name and a place in Cambiago…

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

itsacarr

by itsacarr

I do dig the new V4 & I bet it's a joy to race. But since were here - ill use this as an opportunity to re-post one of my alltime favorite bikes. One I would definitely keep forever - the V4 doesn't have that forever feel but I suppose that's what the C68 is for now ..
I present that Navigators pro bike from a decade ago ❤️

Just ride ..

fogman

by fogman

The C68 and V4Rs both lack Ernesto’s signature. The C64 and V3Rs must be the last of Ernesto’s design.

blutto

by blutto

robeambro wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:19 am
Quite slack HTA - is this new or is it a traditional V-series trait?
....has been a Colnago staple for several decades or so....and btw a key part of their "it corners like its on rails " cornering package...

Cheers

fogman

by fogman

Hambini review of the V4Rs.

https://youtu.be/VjAUscR-2ws

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

A not so possitive review makes me think, nah, this doesn't sound good.
https://www.cyclingnews.com/reviews/col ... rs-review/
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Edopizzo

by Edopizzo

The new Colnagos lack Ernesto's signature because they have parted ways. Ernesto has sold everything and he doesn't have any contacts with Colnago anymore. I was there when we tested the new V4rs against the V3rs in Politecnico di Milano wind tunnel and the gains come from the updated cockpit and wheels (the V3rs was Pog's bike and was fitted with Campagnolo Bora and tubs). Also the rim brake V3rs was tested

AndreLM

by AndreLM

Edopizzo wrote:The new Colnagos lack Ernesto's signature because they have parted ways. Ernesto has sold everything and he doesn't have any contacts with Colnago anymore. I was there when we tested the new V4rs against the V3rs in Politecnico di Milano wind tunnel and the gains come from the updated cockpit and wheels (the V3rs was Pog's bike and was fitted with Campagnolo Bora and tubs). Also the rim brake V3rs was tested
How the rim brake compares to the other 2 (in the wind tunnel)?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edopizzo

by Edopizzo

slightly faster than the disc V3rs, slower than the V4rs because of the wheels. V4rs was tested with Enve 4.5 and I think Gp5k STR 28c. The V3s with bora ones and 25mm Corsa Tubs

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

Edopizzo wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:31 am
The new Colnagos lack Ernesto's signature because they have parted ways. Ernesto has sold everything and he doesn't have any contacts with Colnago anymore. I was there when we tested the new V4rs against the V3rs in Politecnico di Milano wind tunnel and the gains come from the updated cockpit and wheels (the V3rs was Pog's bike and was fitted with Campagnolo Bora and tubs). Also the rim brake V3rs was tested
Wheels are not Colnago merit and can be retrofitted. Bar ? Just buy some proper handlebar and retest. What will be left from the gains ?
I ride a V3rs with farsport f1 bar and custom wheels and my weight with the heavy frozen paintjob is 6.7kg all in.
But as expected the price went up considerable for basically the same bike with UAE logos plastered all around

666pounder

by 666pounder

Dont know why but pogacar seems to be riding his v4rs with enve stem and handlebars according to his Instagram post.. but maybe its just a temprary
Screenshot_2022-12-22-20-29-43-85_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CyclingGiraffe

by CyclingGiraffe

Hmmm . . . just doesn't feel very Colnago-y to me. I feel like Pinarello, Bianchi, and De Rosa have kept some of that Italian flair (or weirdness, depending on your POV), but this feels somehow like a Canyon with a Colnago decal.