Bryton Gardia R300 Radar Light

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

3Pio

by 3Pio

BigBoyND wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:28 am
GPLama review makes me confident enough in the 300L. It's too bad the update isn't being pushed to the 300. Have you contacted them? Maybe rollout is later for previous models (like Android updates)
Yes.. I emailed Bryton suport yesterday..Got auto response that email is received but still no any reply...Hope they'll stay behind the product and offer solution..

So let's see how quick their support would response if at all based on some reactions i found on their fb page...But i consider really not ethical replacing the bad product on market with totaly new and same name (which is missleading and confusing) and without providing support for bad early models.. But again, let's wait and see...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Aesch

by Aesch

3Pio wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:42 pm
BigBoyND wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:28 am
GPLama review makes me confident enough in the 300L. It's too bad the update isn't being pushed to the 300. Have you contacted them? Maybe rollout is later for previous models (like Android updates)
Yes.. I emailed Bryton suport yesterday..Got auto response that email is received but still no any reply...Hope they'll stay behind the product and offer solution..

So let's see how quick their support would response if at all based on some reactions i found on their fb page...But i consider really not ethical replacing the bad product on market with totaly new and same name (which is missleading and confusing) and without providing support for bad early models.. But again, let's wait and see...
They've done so previously, I'll never buy bryton again due to terrible software support/customer support.

RDY

by RDY

Do the Bryton or Magene have rear brake light function? Garmin doesn't - which is shit IMO, and far more important for urban / suburban riding than radar.

3Pio

by 3Pio

RDY wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:43 pm
Do the Bryton or Magene have rear brake light function? Garmin doesn't - which is shit IMO, and far more important for urban / suburban riding than radar.
Brake light is just gimmick and maybe bonus to have (for me totally not important but ok if someone like it).. But essential function of radar and how very well is implemented make device dangerous or device which improve safety...

Bryton with firmware i have is dangerous device. As dangerous device i dont have too much chance to even enjoy in brake gimmick light, since is on the shelf until become useful device if ever...

But maybe we can help each other and have win win situation here... For you is really important brake light, and safety working essential function as radar is not as u are saying... For me is oposite..

So Let's have a deal each other.. Send me Garmin Varia which u are saying is s*it to u because have properly working radar but no brake light, and i'll give u my Bryton Gardia which have brake light but not properly integrated radar (even im not sure that even brake light work properly just to say).... So this way u'll be happy with brake light gimmick, and in same time will solve my problem since Bryton for now did not respond at all to my email or comment on their fb page..

What do u say? Do we have a deal?

RDY

by RDY

Why didn't you buy a Garmin then rather than an untested product, if you think the world of them? Hopefully they'll replace yours with the updated L model.

But if you think any of these radars work in a busy urban, or frequently suburban environment, you're goint to be in for a disappointment. They're practically useless with heavy traffic, road furniture and parked vehicles everywhere - particularly on narrower roads. If you try to rely on it, you'll probably end up in hospital. Out on open roads with lighter traffic, it's a completely different story and they do work well.

A brake light significantly reduces your chances of being rear ended in heavy traffic. Other road users are conditioned to brake, avoid or exercise caution when they see brake lights.

3Pio

by 3Pio

Just to update my Gardia R300 experience and support from Bryton..

I contacted them on email week ago, got auto reply that mail is received and nothing after that.. No any kind of reply.. I also contacted them on their FB page, same situation.. Not reply from their side, nothing...

I consider totaly not ethical to put on market device, then when they realized is dissaster to make completely new device with same name as dissaster one, then to provide firmware for new model only but not for previous one even they have same name, which is totaly missleading , and to claim first one is for testing only (then how we were able to buy it if it's for testing only?) and last to ignore emails...

I had to solve my problem buying another Garmin Varia RTL515 (which is working perfectly), and this is my first and last Bryton device ever... Reason for buying Bryton as first was to support smaller companies and beeing enthusiastic my self, and hoped that someone else beside Garmin enter the market.. How naive i was giving Bryton some trust...

If i ever got response from them i'll update again, but im really in doubt that they'll help with anything, after reading some other comments on other forums...

Treptay

by Treptay

3Pio wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:59 am
Just to update my Gardia R300 experience and support from Bryton..

I contacted them on email week ago, got auto reply that mail is received and nothing after that.. No any kind of reply.. I also contacted them on their FB page, same situation.. Not reply from their side, nothing...

I consider totaly not ethical to put on market device, then when they realized is dissaster to make completely new device with same name as dissaster one, then to provide firmware for new model only but not for previous one even they have same name, which is totaly missleading , and to claim first one is for testing only (then how we were able to buy it if it's for testing only?) and last to ignore emails...

I had to solve my problem buying another Garmin Varia RTL515 (which is working perfectly), and this is my first and last Bryton device ever... Reason for buying Bryton as first was to support smaller companies and beeing enthusiastic my self, and hoped that someone else beside Garmin enter the market.. How naive i was giving Bryton some trust...

If i ever got response from them i'll update again, but im really in doubt that they'll help with anything, after reading some other comments on other forums...
That is dissapointing. I wanted to support them by buying the early version of the R300, and now I look like an idiot. Well, I'm gonna wait for an updated version of the Varia and probably upgrade to that later on.

cinra

by cinra

The Gardia has a lot of difficulties in detecting underbone motorcycles/moped. This has registered a lot of false negatives in my use case.

cinra

by cinra

The Gardia has trouble detecting underbone motorcycles/moped. This has registered a lot of false negatives for me.

howaboutme

by howaboutme

Anyone using the r300L?

I've been using it for a few months and am really positive about it. There are some things that could be better but overall, very happy.

I do have one unexplained issue. When I arrive home from a ride and dismount and go to turn off the light, it is "off" (radar on though). I know there's a sleep mode that is supposed to kick in at 5 minutes but I don't give it a full 5 minutes before I dismount and go to turn it off. Because of this, I can't tell if the light is working for the entire ride (radar does). I have stopped randomly in the middle of the ride to check the light and it works but it has always been off (again, radar is on) when I finish the ride. I don't ride w/ another person so I can't check it that way. Anyone have something similar?

scico

by scico

Does anyone mount a saddle barcket suitable for Selle Italia SLR boost carbon?