*NEW GEN* SRAM Force Groupset March 2023

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

currentsea

by currentsea

ArtV wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:53 pm
I found a new Force AXS front derailleur in stock and ordered one to replace my 'legacy' Force AXS derailleur. Will let you know how it goes when I receive it and install it.

I wIll probably buy the new Force AXS power meter as well when it becomes available as it really isn't much more expensive than the Carbon-TI chainrings I am currently running. I couldn't find any in stock at the momemnt in the US though.
Extremely interested in your findings - I'm currently running a RED FD and it started off with a lot of dropped chains but after dialling it in it's been flawless so far...

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

Is there a thread to discuss apex axs or is this it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

mrbrown4001 wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:57 pm
Is there a thread to discuss apex axs or is this it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=171613

ArtV

by ArtV

currentsea wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:04 am
ArtV wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:53 pm
I found a new Force AXS front derailleur in stock and ordered one to replace my 'legacy' Force AXS derailleur. Will let you know how it goes when I receive it and install it.

I wIll probably buy the new Force AXS power meter as well when it becomes available as it really isn't much more expensive than the Carbon-TI chainrings I am currently running. I couldn't find any in stock at the momemnt in the US though.
Extremely interested in your findings - I'm currently running a RED FD and it started off with a lot of dropped chains but after dialling it in it's been flawless so far...
Well, I received an e-mail about an in-stock 48/35 Force AXS Power Meter so ordered that as well. Haven't even received the FD yet.

goatalope

by goatalope

Any chance 2023 Red is 13 speed?

gruppetto

by gruppetto

goatalope wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:10 am
Any chance 2023 Red is 13 speed?
Zero.

lazyriderzhao

by lazyriderzhao

so have we got official weight data? I checked SRAM website but got nothing.

ArtV

by ArtV

Front derailleur w/out battery = 151 g
Power Meter with 48/35 chainrings = 271 g
ImageImage

Sent from my SM-X800 using Tapatalk

jlok

by jlok

FD weight exactly the same as Rival... kudos to SRAM marketing. What a genius move to creat a "new" groupset by remarking existing components.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

jlok wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:49 pm
FD weight exactly the same as Rival... kudos to SRAM marketing. What a genius move to creat a "new" groupset by remarking existing components.
But, but, but this one is black. And you know people will buy it because of that.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

ArtV

by ArtV

I get the weight comparison with Rival but it isn't any heavier than the previous Force AXS FD and if it shifts better I'll count that as a win.

I am interested in the smaller profile shifters but think I am going to hold out to see what RED brings to the table. I dread redoing the internal cable routing and only want to do that if it is REALLY worth the hassle.
Last edited by ArtV on Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jlok

by jlok

I don't know the price of the FD but if it's the same price as Rival I'd forgive SRAM.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

jlok wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:13 pm
I don't know the price of the FD but if it's the same price as Rival I'd forgive SRAM.
The Rival FD is significantly less expensive on its own. Typically the “upgrade” groups with derailleurs/levers/calipers/rotors end up being cheaper than buying everything separately so it’s all academic.

GiantRider

by GiantRider

Has anyone ever ordered a sram group from lordgun to the USA? I see such great prices but wonder what the catch is and if there is a preferred shipper?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ArtV

by ArtV

Pretty sure SRAM (and Shimano) don't allow shipping from Europe to the US. That isn't to say you can't find someone that would do it.

Regarding cost, the Force AXS PM appears to be basically the same thing as the Red AXS PM but cost $410 retail vs $881 for Red. Interesting to see what the next generation of Red brings.