*NEW GEN* SRAM Force Groupset March 2023

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

GiantRider wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:22 pm
Has anyone ever ordered a sram group from lordgun to the USA? I see such great prices but wonder what the catch is and if there is a preferred shipper?
Just search Lordgun on the forum here and you will find that a few from the US has ordered from there. I just put a Sram shifter in a cart and it didnt warm me that it wouldnt ship to Canada and the site showed my currency and country so they might possible ship. I use Merlin for much of my Shimano and Sram when its available and they ship it np.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

garbageman

by garbageman

GiantRider wrote:
Has anyone ever ordered a sram group from lordgun to the USA? I see such great prices but wonder what the catch is and if there is a preferred shipper?
I've ordered Red crank arms from Lordgun in the past, but it appears they no longer ship Sram products to the US.

TLN

by TLN

GiantRider wrote:
I've ordered Sram parts in the past when they allowed it, but they don't ship to US since late 2022.
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Thats strange cause this time I put a Sram quicklink in the cart and got all the way to payment with no message stating that they wouldnt ship to Canada. I registered and all but typically if they ship to Canada they do the same for the US.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

bikeboy1tr wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:31 pm
Thats strange cause this time I put a Sram quicklink in the cart and got all the way to payment with no message stating that they wouldnt ship to Canada. I registered and all but typically if they ship to Canada they do the same for the US.
More likely that part, being a spare, was not flagged to be blocked by that vendor.

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Merlin blocks nothing to Canada. But I am ok with that.

Nickldn

by Nickldn

bikeboy1tr wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:40 pm
Merlin's business model is a bit different, as many of the parts they sell are taken from bulk suppliers and do not come in retail packaging.

This makes them very competitive on some parts and may also allow them to ship to other areas of the world unimpeded.
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Nickldn wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:45 pm
bikeboy1tr wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:40 pm
Merlin's business model is a bit different, as many of the parts they sell are taken from bulk suppliers and do not come in retail packaging.

This makes them very competitive on some parts and may also allow them to ship to other areas of the world unimpeded.
Retailers shouldn't be selling OE packaged parts. So if they are shipping OE packaging to a country that Sram doesn't allow shipping to, then they might be breaking 2 clauses instead of 1.

danridesbikes

by danridesbikes

is the powermeter in anything but 46/33 just vaporware? seemingly ever changing shipping date

ArtV

by ArtV

I have a new 48/35 Force AXS powermeter.

By the way, with it and the new Force AXS front derailleur the front shifting is great. Fast and 'confident' front shifting, significantly better than the first gen FD. Setup was a breeze. It came installed with a plastic guide that forced the derailleur into the correct position both vertically and horizontally and once I had it in position I didn't have to make any adjustments. Every other ETAP FD I have installed took at least an hour to adjust to get satisfactory shifting.

DaveS

by DaveS

Even with the plastic tool, the FD can rotate out of alignment when the clamp bolt is fully tightened. The new force is basically the current rival. I have the old force and current rival. Either is easy to set up without the plastic tool. I use grx cranks and the plastic tool doesn't fit the chain rings, so no tool for me. I've never spent more than 15 minutes setting up axs FDs. Never a chain drop.

bobones

by bobones

I agree with DaveS. I just received the new Force FD as a warranty replacement for the old model, and it's basically the same as the Rival one, but black instead of silver. The plastic tool can help, but on some hangers torquing up the bolt can still move it out of alignment. Anyway, it's easy enough to eyeball the correct horizontal position, especially with the v-shaped groove at the back of the cage on the new models. And for height, either use the tool or just go low. To be honest, I haven't noticed a dramatic difference in the shifting performance between the old and new FD, and in my experience, both are still very sensitive to small inputs at the limit screws and alignment errors.

TimW

by TimW

Still waiting for availability in the UK. Talk about waiting until the marketing goes cold. Now I'm wondering if I should hang-on until the mythical Campagnolo comes to market.

patchandscruff

by patchandscruff

TimW wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:09 pm
Still waiting for availability in the UK. Talk about waiting until the marketing goes cold. Now I'm wondering if I should hang-on until the mythical Campagnolo comes to market.
I just managed to get the mechs and shifters from Freeborne Bikes this week, and Swinnerton Cycles have had a regular supply too. The cranksets are the main issue though. Luckily I managed to get a 167.5mm 44/33 from Germany.

ArtV

by ArtV

Rode another century today. Ready to be corrected again, but the newly designed Force/Rival FD still shifts better than the old Force FD......and it didn't require any adjustment at all.

Sent from my SM-X800 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com