*NEW GEN* SRAM Force Groupset March 2023

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

req110

by req110

new force levers don't have port for wired blip buttons, which is not a good news for me. The wireless ones are ugly and big. the wired ones as the best.
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

robeambro wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:44 am
Aryeh wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:11 am
Is there a date for the RED refresh?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Maybe I misinterpreted but Ben Delaney at around 6:57 seems to cheekily hint that in a few days he might be riding the new Red. Again, maybe I'm misinterpreting..

https://youtu.be/uZjlHbwEedU

I don’t think he’s being cheeky at all and really has no idea how his test/review bike will be equipped.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Minirac

by Minirac

Red soon.. Force has become more all-road/endurance/gravel. Imo that fits perfect with in its nature of sub high end segment.
Now red will be pure racing, long levers for new aero positions, big rings, light..

pmprego

by pmprego

Minirac wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:46 am
Red soon.. Force has become more all-road/endurance/gravel. Imo that fits perfect with in its nature of sub high end segment.
Now red will be pure racing, long levers for new aero positions, big rings, light..
That would be awesome. Levers, the new road tt bars!! :lol: :lol:

Love it.

RDY

by RDY

Minirac wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:46 am
Don't think so, except potentially for the light part. And we already saw the new Red ones (unless they're a discarded prototype) on Jumbo bikes from a training camp.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

robeambro wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:44 am
Aryeh wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:11 am
Is there a date for the RED refresh?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Maybe I misinterpreted but Ben Delaney at around 6:57 seems to cheekily hint that in a few days he might be riding the new Red. Again, maybe I'm misinterpreting..

https://youtu.be/uZjlHbwEedU
Smoking gun.

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Just today bought a set of force axs shift/brakes 200 euro per set. I see new ones, same weight, costs 418 euro on R2 bike.

Sure the ones I bought are on sale, but looks to me they raised the prices quite significantly. Red will be scary! Best to pick up "old" parts on sale now before they are gone.

RDY

by RDY

eucalyptus wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:12 pm
Just today bought a set of force axs shift/brakes 200 euro per set. I see new ones, same weight, costs 418 euro on R2 bike.

Sure the ones I bought are on sale, but looks to me they raised the prices quite significantly. Red will be scary! Best to pick up "old" parts on sale now before they are gone.
I don't think launch price at big EU e-tailers will be too crazy, because the new Shimano Di2 gruppos are now selling way below their introduction prices. But I'm sure there will be an early adopter penalty for the first 3-6 months, as there will be with 'new' Force.

maristegi

by maristegi

Somebody knows if this new force levers can be paired to first generation 11 speed red etap derailleurs? It was possible with previous ones.

Enviado desde mi ASUS_I006D mediante Tapatalk

TLN

by TLN

RDY wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:16 pm
eucalyptus wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:12 pm

I don't think launch price at big EU e-tailers will be too crazy, because the new Shimano Di2 gruppos are now selling way below their introduction prices. But I'm sure there will be an early adopter penalty for the first 3-6 months, as there will be with 'new' Force.
It will probably be inline with rest of the brands. It doesn't take too long to realize that current Force is what lots of people were building before: Rival shifters and calipers(smaller, newer design), Force Deraileurs(clutch in RD) and Red crankset(lightweight and elegant).

On the other hand it should mean next level Red should bring something extra to the table. By extra I mean extra price hike.
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

eins4eins

by eins4eins

Bike24 has the group without powermeter listed and this morning some combinations were in stock. 1630€ without discs. Sold out now.
Same level as R8100.

https://www.bike24.de/p1735908.html

req110

by req110

req110 wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:13 am
new force levers don't have port for wired blip buttons, which is not a good news for me. The wireless ones are ugly and big. the wired ones as the best.
I am taking this back.
The wireless blips can be tuned with this to look good. https://www.ad-biking.com/product/sram- ... de-button/
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

splzd

by splzd

Conversation at SRAM HQ recently:
- 'Let's put cheap-ish looking glittery decals on every single component to make it look like a new groupset!'
- 'Yeah, great idea! But here's another one: Let's put these decals on all components but one, which we leave all black for no reason just to mess with people!'
So the 'new' FD was created.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

So the new Force FD, is it basically stronger than current Red, är is it same?
The new designed shifter bodies, are they longer in reach, or just a different design?
Kind of wonder what you might miss if you invest in old/ current Red compared to a forthcoming?
YES, i am in the game for RIM brakes ;-)
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maurice1

by maurice1

Purely subjective but I've seen many people praising how good the groupset looks. Am I the only one thinking they could not have made it uglier? Old force was fine imo. Rival is apparently about half of their OEM sales at this point and I'm not surprised. It is just the better value groupset for SRAM