*NEW GEN* SRAM Force Groupset March 2023

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Can we hope for a lighter 10-36 cassette?
Unbelievable they don't do a red oil slick 10-36, would sell better than butter

CasualRider

by CasualRider

My derailler died during the race, some internal peace broke so I replaced it with new Force. Can't tell the difference between the old Rival XPLR and new Force, still mediocre shifting.

Just FYI. Looks cool though.
Tarmac SL8 Maganta Gold
Crux Green Pearl

Previous bikes:
Crux Forest Green
Tarmac SL7 Snake Eye
Venge Bora Team
Venge Purple
Trek Madone SLR 7

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jadedaid

by jadedaid

eucalyptus wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 8:30 am
Can we hope for a lighter 10-36 cassette?
Unbelievable they don't do a red oil slick 10-36, would sell better than butter
Agreed, I would buy this immediately. Even at full msrp pricing :beerchug:

splzd

by splzd

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 7:09 am
FYI it seems like SRAM quietly bumped the MSRP of the the Force PM chainrings from US$410 to $600. If you were thinking about grabbing a pair at $410, now would be the time.
Available for 437,50€ at r2-bike - MSRP 443€ according to them. MSRP at SRAM.com is 720€.

Aryeh

by Aryeh

TobinHatesYou wrote:FYI it seems like SRAM quietly bumped the MSRP of the the Force PM chainrings from US$410 to $600. If you were thinking about grabbing a pair at $410, now would be the time.
Kinda makes sense as it's physically identical to the Red version afaik.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

danridesbikes

by danridesbikes

managed to grab one from Wiggle for £348.48 after Platinum discount - i assume they didn't get the price bump memo, only had 1 in stock, retail boxed as well, not the ratio i'd have chosen, but beggers cannot be choosers and it will only get used for the hilliest of rides, as 99% of my riding is 1x and i have the 52t quarq ring for that as it's flat as around here

yinzerniner

by yinzerniner

danridesbikes wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 8:39 am
managed to grab one from Wiggle for £348.48 after Platinum discount - i assume they didn't get the price bump memo, only had 1 in stock, retail boxed as well, not the ratio i'd have chosen, but beggers cannot be choosers and it will only get used for the hilliest of rides, as 99% of my riding is 1x and i have the 52t quarq ring for that as it's flat as around here

Got mine as well before price bump at BikeTiresDirect, actually weighs 3g less than the worn Red AXS PM rings they're replacing.

Have to believe that the next gen Red AXS PM will be similar in construction as the Eagle axs transmission with the rings direct mounding to the PM spider via chain whip.

nickf

by nickf

CasualRider wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 10:48 am
My derailler died during the race, some internal peace broke so I replaced it with new Force. Can't tell the difference between the old Rival XPLR and new Force, still mediocre shifting.

Just FYI. Looks cool though.
Have a friend with force axs. Was on a ride with her and the RD wouldn't shift, was replaced under warranty. She came up to visit the other week, this time the FD stopped responding, just a blinking green light, couldn't re-pair, not showing up on the app. Again replaced under warranty. It's nice to know SRAM takes care of these issues and I only have one data point but are these new kits not as robust? When I was still working at a shop the first gen etap while not perfect we rarely had to warranty them.

danridesbikes

by danridesbikes

[Have to believe that the next gen Red AXS PM will be similar in construction as the Eagle axs transmission with the rings direct mounding to the PM spider via chain whip.
for once, i don't think i'm arsed with whatever the new Red brings , OG eTap was a revelation, AXS seemed an upgrade with the switch to 12 speed and different ratios/cassettes, what will the new bring? ceratinly won't be a paradigm shift, same with Dura-Ace 9000, to 9100 seemed a shift, to 9200 not so much, and XX1 Eagle AXS lives on side by side with Transmission, which my MTB isn't compatible with, but all by Road/TT/MTB AXS is gear is cross compatible

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Auxiliary programmable buttons, you’d probably only have to upgrade the levers in that case though. Maybe improved brake calipers. Those are about the only things I’d want besides further weight savings.

TLN

by TLN

People say Transmision shifts really good and fast, even under full load. Not that I have issues with that on my Force, but shifting under full load is way more relevant in road cycling imho.
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Sram transmission is a mixed bag, on one hand it shifts smooth and consistent but on the other hand it shifts way slower when you want to shift multiple gears at ones. It also heavier than the previous xx1 axs

JayDee81

by JayDee81

TLN wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 12:45 am
People say Transmision shifts really good and fast, even under full load. Not that I have issues with that on my Force, but shifting under full load is way more relevant in road cycling imho.
Shifting under load is much more relevant on MTBs. Miles more.

danridesbikes

by danridesbikes

yinzerniner wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 12:57 am
danridesbikes wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 8:39 am

Have to believe that the next gen Red AXS PM will be similar in construction as the Eagle axs transmission with the rings direct mounding to the PM spider via chain whip.
Keegan Swenson (among others) was running the new powermeter at Unbound

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

X5SAE

by X5SAE

Ain't that the Red AXS Aero 1x crankset?
Road
Cube Agree C:62 SLT 2021 (frame+fork) DA 9270 6.9x kg - ride-ready 7.25 kg w/pedals, cages, sensors, Wahoo mount

Gravel
Velobuild GF-002 Force AXS 7.5 kg, ride-ready 7.775 kg w/200 ml Stan‘s, pedals, cages, sensors, Wahoo/Cateye mounts