Colnago c60 or de Rosa Pininfarina

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Neckkoss

by Neckkoss

Hey Everyone I got myself into one of the most difficult decisions, I have been looking at the factor O2 VAM for a while and I have a one unique changes as I found a shop that is willing to take either one of my bikes for a 2021 factor O2 VAM on my size 54. Now my dilemma is which bike I should let go, both bikes fit me like a glove but I can only keep one, the wheels are not included on the trade. My bikes are Colnago c60 50s, THM cockpit and srm cranks red etap 11sp, lightweight Weiss M. Clincher the other one is a De Rosa Sk Pininfarina black with deda elementi cockpit, super record eps, srm campy crankset, fernweg lightweight 80m clinchers as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neckkoss

by Neckkoss

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Neckkoss

by Neckkoss

I started to take a part the sram red etap as the factor is also a climbing bike but I’m love the way the Colnago c60 looks.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

My 2 bikes are C60 and Factor VAM, definitely keep the C60! The Colnago lugged look is gone now and the C60 is the best one in my opinion.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

maxim809
Administrator

by maxim809

Moving topic to "Road". :)

hannawald

by hannawald

+1 for keeping the Colnago, it is a classic.

CyclingGiraffe

by CyclingGiraffe

I am curious, since they are your bikes, which of the De Rosa or the Colnago do you like better?

As a practical matter, since the Factor O2 VAM is a lightweight "non-aero" bike, it would make sense to keep the De Rosa as an aero bike and the Factor as a lightweight bike.

OTOH, if I could only have one of those three bikes -- De Rosa Pininfarina, the Factor O2 VAM, and the Colnago C60 -- I would probably have the Colnago. The Colnago, being a made in Italy "c" series with the classic lugs is likely to hold its value better than the other two, too.
Last edited by CyclingGiraffe on Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nestornnk

by nestornnk

Hi,keep the C60.
As a Colnago dealer i had all the c models and C60 is my favourite.
in my opinion the best frame they produced till now

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Colnago is the one i would keep!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

vinc

by vinc

U would keep the Colnago as well. In fact I will do so cause here’s mine Image

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Neckkoss

by Neckkoss

CyclingGiraffe wrote:I am curious, since they are your bikes, which of the De Rosa or the Colnago do you like better?

As a practical matter, since the Factor O2 VAM is a lightweight "non-aero" bike, it would make sense to keep the De Rosa as an aero bike and the Factor as a lightweight bike.

OTOH, if I could only have one of those three bikes -- De Rosa Pininfarina, the Factor O2 VAM, and the Colnago C60 -- I would probably have the Colnago. The Colnago, being a made in Italy "c" series with the classic lugs is likely to hold its value better than the other two, too.
The colnago c60 fit me like a glove, it is a bike sent from God, it checks every single box. The De Rosa is stiff as the cervelo s5 on the bb and fast once you get her going, she keeps the momentum but you have to push to maintain the speed, the ride is comfortable but down to business, speed is what she likes the most. Specially with deep profile wheels. And it is bob.

Neckkoss

by Neckkoss

vinc wrote:U would keep the Colnago as well. In fact I will do so cause here’s mine Image

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Nice

Neckkoss

by Neckkoss

nestornnk wrote:Hi,keep the C60.
Interesting I had the opportunity to have a c40 and c59 prior my c60, some how when the c64 was released and later the c68, I didn’t have the same interest to upgrade to any of those two, in my opinion they done have the same essence as the c60. I love lugged bikes, my Colnago tecno is on her own league, the quality of the steel ride and the finesse of the steel lugs is unique.

Neckkoss

by Neckkoss

Neckkoss wrote:
nestornnk wrote:Hi,keep the C60.
Interesting I had the opportunity to have a c40 and c59 prior my c60, some how when the c64 was released and later the c68, I didn’t have the same interest to upgrade to any of those two, in my opinion they done have the same essence as the c60. I love lugged bikes, my Colnago tecno is on her own league, the quality of the steel ride and the finesse of the steel lugs is unique.

Neckkoss

by Neckkoss

The pfadfinder evo arrived today. 670 front and 760 rear without disc hardware on it Image

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com