good cost-performance bibs suggestions?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

NordicSal

by NordicSal

This thread is so helpful being built like a female super model with excessively long limbs. Will probably try both the long and narrow Endura Pro SL and the whole deal with the customizable options from Virklon sounds and looks nice - design too!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

R314

by R314

This might be an unpoppular oppinion but i find these really good for the price https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001622154194.html

DeLuz

by DeLuz

La Passione Striver Bibs $100 on sale.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

C36 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:04 pm
Since that is not what I would call really "cheap", Virklon is a fantastic alternative, they will get you for 90e (60 during summer or november discount), the best Elastic Interface pad (Road Perf. Force Hybrid) and full custom length, grips, pockets and colours... and manufactured in Europe.
This sounds excellent, thanks for that recommendation. Will check these out next time I need bibs. Castelli Free Aero is my current favorite but I've also had a good experience with Elastic pads.

C36

by C36

Virklon has a slow season sales -30% with the code "slow_sale"... but delivery would be October.

BikeEatSleepRepeat

by BikeEatSleepRepeat

To me the Santini C3 pad works better than any other I've ever tried, and they get pad placement right (many do not).

Still family run, I like their bibs a lot and they easily compare favoribly to the old light blue (best era) pad by Assos IMO.

Aesch

by Aesch

naavt wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:52 pm
I've come to an understanding that bibs is quite like saddles IMHO. What is best to some is not as good to others. I cannot use Assos or Castelli without any major discomfort. Curiously, I'm happier with some simple K10 Gobiks than an expensive bib from the other 2.

Anyway, the bibs that fit me the best are from Sportful. From the cheapest to the most expensive, they are the ones I like the most.

On the other hand I have a very high respect for all the winter baselayers from Craft and very keen to try out their bibs on a near future.
And this can change over time depending on physique as well. I've gone from cheap to assos, to castelli size XXL and when I started to ride more have gone through bibs by several brands (red. White, vermarc, assos again, isadore, la passione) and have now arrived back at castelli in L (and q36.5), both of which offer a really good bib for me at reasonable cost.

sevencyclist

by sevencyclist

I received a gift of cycling jersey from my work, so I returned to the store to exchange for a pair of Assos Mille GTO bibs. I have used older Assos with less padding, Q36.5, Rapha, Pearl Izumi Pro, and these Mille GTO are the most comfortable pair I have experienced.

For those living in Europe, include OP in Spain, you can find Assos at various mail order that are willing to ship to you.

Jaisen

by Jaisen

sevencyclist wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:02 pm
I received a gift of cycling jersey from my work, so I returned to the store to exchange for a pair of Assos Mille GTO bibs. I have used older Assos with less padding, Q36.5, Rapha, Pearl Izumi Pro, and these Mille GTO are the most comfortable pair I have experienced.

For those living in Europe, include OP in Spain, you can find Assos at various mail order that are willing to ship to you.
Second this. Though Assos isn't the most affordable option out there even when on sale, since I started using their bibs nothing else comes even close in terms of comfort, and it doesn't matter of it is the Mille line or the Equipe line. You don't even need the GTOs, the GTs are fantastic too.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

I have 6 Assos bibs-tights

Neopro bibs are 7 yrs old. Still usable to about 50kms or winter Zwifting

Mille, about 5yrs old, padding is still very good

Equipe, about 5yrs old, padding is still very good

S9 Equipe, 2 yrs old, still looks brand new

1 Fall/Spring bib, 6 yrs old, Im forgetting the name, gets a lot of use during those seasons

1 Mille tight, about 7 yrs old as well, does the job

I have about $1000+ invested in all of them and some have lasted almost a decade now (maybe my Neopros will get retired next season). It's well worth the money IMO. Ive only had to get my Equipe repaired after it ripped near the chamois, bullet proof now

I think this will last me for another 4-5yrs assuming I dont gain too much weight