Bianchi Oltre RC 2023

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

So this bike runs a + 6 degree stem is that for certain?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

I don’t get why people whine about speed where aero testing is done. Aero will be there in almost any speed.
You need to consider that this is the protocol and it’s only good that everyone is using the same speed in testing.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maxim809
Administrator

by maxim809

BigPoser wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:57 pm
Look, I get it...I race too and we average 26-29 depending on the race. The fact remains that MOST normal people can't hold 28mph by themselves for more than a few minutes, let alone for an hour... Every new aero bike that comes out has virtually the same claim....

But alas, there are those that continue to drink the Kool Aid ... I suppose that's the beauty of marketing. Maybe I'm just out of touch.
I actually think you're right, and you are not out of touch. You are just being real. I also think everyone's thoughts in the past dozen posts are actually all mostly valid, too. There is actually no need for disagreement, because in isolation, so far everyone's opinions are actually based on mostly valid facts.

How I see it:

45kph is the chosen test speed because it is an industry standard based on nominal Pro Peloton speeds. The industry standard is VERY CONVENIENT for Marketing, because higher speeds amplify aero gains. I'm sure Marketing would love to go even higher.

Save *90w!!
....*at 100kph

Save hella kJ!!
....*when this bike is placed on top of your car for your drive to that charity race you trained all of 2 weeks for

On the flip side, a Benevolent Marketing Department would use an exponential graph that shows aero savings across all speeds. In effect educating the customers, as any benevolent person would. But the following tagline...

Save *2w!!
....*at 30kph

...is too hilarious and too real for a Marketing department whose main objective is to cast their product in the most positive way possible.

In the end, the saying in the industry is "It only matters as much as it means to you."

Some people want the 2w savings. Some people want the +17w savings for the 3 minutes they are able to hold +35mph leading out the final laps of a crit. And BigBoyND's point about wind speed is valid too so maybe it's 17w in the draft of the team leading out at 35mph, so you're really looking at 28mph/45kph from 7th position. And the 17w is claimed.... may not even be real.... cuz it seems like it's been 17w every year for the past decade so where does that even leave us.

And some peeps don't want any of that if the bike isn't to their tastes. ThEy aRe BeiNG GoOd RoAdies, and aesthetics matter!!11uno1

Once everyone realizes the industry motto above, there is actually zero need for discourse. Or even this forum.

BUT I GUESS WE ARE HERE TO DEBATE AND LEARN FROM EACH OTHER

maxim809
Administrator

by maxim809

simbikotic wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:51 pm
I read (almost) this whole thread and I don't think anyone said this yet, but apologies if I missed it...

This frame design and geo is super interesting (to me) it seems to address some real problems in the comfort + weight tradeoffs of aero bikes.

1. Horizonal top-tubes are more aero but lead to a high junction with the seat-tube so less seatpost out and less comfort. By lowering the stack they have created a horizontal top tube design that allows for more seatpost out than other higher stack designs. 51cm seat tube on the 53 frame is respectable.

2. Lowering the stack also gives the frame smaller triangles, which means stiffer for a given mass of material used, or lighter for a given stiffness target. The claimed weight of the frame is indeed quite good.

3. A consequence of the unusually low stack is the bike needs a riser stem to make it rideable by anyone except a pro-yogi. Usually riser stems look terrible. In this case (only my opinion) the design looks considerably less terrible than usual. Chapeau.

I can't wait to read some ride reports. It will be really interesting to hear how this geo affects ride feel. Likely this interesting geo will have much more of an impact on the rider experience than the funny air intake.
Pretty happy to see this positive take in an otherwise pretty touchy launch, haha. The frame geo of any bike is really key. While the aesthetics and geo are not for me, if the looks & geo works for others then it's all good.

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Any bike will feel cool with cool music

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

I just want to see who on here really buy X5, oops, sorry i meant Ol RC. Or maybe i should say, who will be first :D
I hope he starts a thread "The freak bike"
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

maxim809
Administrator

by maxim809

Are you suggesting we do an Orders Tracking list kinda like here? viewtopic.php?p=1776173#p1776173

dalord774

by dalord774

I'll wait until I've seen it live :D it looks really bad on the pics,
sometimes you have to get used to the new...
Look 695 / 6,5 Kg
Colnago Master / 8,7 kg
Baum Ristretto / 7,6 Kg

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

dalord774 wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:16 am

I don't know man, a year later and the Arcadex is still as ugly as it was on day one.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:16 am
dalord774 wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:16 am

I don't know man, a year later and the Arcadex is still as ugly as it was on day one.
:lol: :exactly:
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

Just watched the GCN Tech video from Rouleur Live, apparently the computer mount doesn't attach to the handlebars, but is an expanding plug that goes through the hole...

Now that's going to look interesting!!!

cerro

by cerro

Knightyboy27 wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:33 pm
Just watched the GCN Tech video from Rouleur Live, apparently the computer mount doesn't attach to the handlebars, but is an expanding plug that goes through the hole...

Now that's going to look interesting!!!
So everyone using a computer will loose that aerogain of the hole?

krezmo

by krezmo

https://imgur.com/a/YOa3rJx

Finally had the chance to hold one. As soon as we can test it out I'll happily report. For now we can confirm it's incredibly light being an aero bike and looks fast as hell.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Whats the actual weight?

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com