Bianchi Oltre RC 2023

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Karvalo

by Karvalo

krezmo wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:19 pm
https://imgur.com/a/YOa3rJx

Finally had the chance to hold one. As soon as we can test it out I'll happily report. For now we can confirm it's incredibly light being an aero bike and looks fast as hell.
Hate to say it but it's growing on me. Especially if it is genuinely light without sacrificing handling/out of saddle stiffness.

If you've physically got one there could you confirm what kind of spacer / bar stack adjustment it comes with?

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Karvalo wrote:
krezmo wrote:

Finally had the chance to hold one. As soon as we can test it out I'll happily report. For now we can confirm it's incredibly light being an aero bike and looks fast as hell.
Hate to say it but it's growing on me. Especially if it is genuinely light without sacrificing handling/out of saddle stiffness.

If you've physically got one there could you confirm what kind of spacer / bar stack adjustment it comes with?
Karvalo I may have to ban you for saying ur liking this ImageImageImage

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Karvalo

by Karvalo

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:51 pm
Trust me I'm not happy about the situation either :P

I'm really curious about stack adjustment though. If they're using spacers to fit the stem up so it doesn't mesh with the hump anymore then it'll look way worse than a stacked up S5 (IMO). If they're not doing that, what are they doing?

And are different stem lengths going to be different angles to maintain similar bar height? If so is there a sheet anywhere that details what they are so you can actually use the geometry chart properly? Cervelo sorted this all out with the S5 and Bianchi doesn't seem to have done any of the same work.

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Karvalo wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:55 pm
MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:51 pm
Trust me I'm not happy about the situation either :P

I'm really curious about stack adjustment though. If they're using spacers to fit the stem up so it doesn't mesh with the hump anymore then it'll look way worse than a stacked up S5 (IMO). If they're not doing that, what are they doing?

And are different stem lengths going to be different angles to maintain similar bar height? If so is there a sheet anywhere that details what they are so you can actually use the geometry chart properly? Cervelo sorted this all out with the S5 and Bianchi doesn't seem to have done any of the same work.

sometimes there are easy solutions for big problems
design error by Bianchi

krezmo

by krezmo

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:28 am
Whats the actual weight?

Basso Diamante eps 12
Final weight is 7.1kg without pedals, size 57. With Dura Ace it should be under 7.

krezmo

by krezmo

Karvalo wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:34 pm
krezmo wrote:

Basically it's very similar to the SL7 spacers. However you can't have any "extra" room on top of the fork once you cut it, it has to come flush with the top cap.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

krezmo wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:39 pm
Karvalo wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:34 pm
krezmo wrote:

Basically it's very similar to the SL7 spacers. However you can't have any "extra" room on top of the fork once you cut it, it has to come flush with the top cap.
The flow simply doesn't exist talking this design. Between S5, Foil RC, 3T Strada and those that have similar visual appearance, this surely comes out as a one way conclusion, who slipped when drawing this thing :shock:
We just need some pastel pink and neon in here and i personally would be in a wake nightmare.....
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Aress

by Aress

The only thing holding me from ordering the bike, is the fact that they dont offer full celest on the RC model

blaugrana

by blaugrana

Aress wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:20 pm
The only thing holding me from ordering the bike, is the fact that they dont offer full celest on the RC model
This is something I don't understand with Bianchi. They have a colour that everyone identifies with their brand, it looks good , and yet they don't offer a solid celeste paint option on a lot of their bikes. Full celeste looks good, black looks good (though maybe it's a bit too generic for a Bianchi), but these black and celeste combinations are generally terrible.

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

blaugrana wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:05 am
Aress wrote:
This is something I don't understand with Bianchi. They have a colour that everyone identifies with their brand, it looks good , and yet they don't offer a solid celeste paint option on a lot of their bikes. Full celeste looks good, black looks good (though maybe it's a bit too generic for a Bianchi), but these black and celeste combinations are generally terrible.
Not that I disagree, but this is a bit like Mrs Lincoln coming out from that fateful play in 1865 and complaining about the poor stage decor.

drexel75

by drexel75

blaugrana wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:05 am
Aress wrote:
Was talking to my local dealer about the lack of celeste only frames and he said at Rouleur Live he was taking to someone high up in Bianchi who says that this is because in Italy the colour is everywhere so they want to be a bit different while retaining the historical colour hence the black/celeste combos. Personally I don't buy it and as soon as I see a celeste bike I assume it's a Bianchi.

prokyon

by prokyon

simbikotic wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:51 pm
I read (almost) this whole thread and I don't think anyone said this yet, but apologies if I missed it...

This frame design and geo is super interesting (to me) it seems to address some real problems in the comfort + weight tradeoffs of aero bikes.

1. Horizonal top-tubes are more aero but lead to a high junction with the seat-tube so less seatpost out and less comfort. By lowering the stack they have created a horizontal top tube design that allows for more seatpost out than other higher stack designs. 51cm seat tube on the 53 frame is respectable.

2. Lowering the stack also gives the frame smaller triangles, which means stiffer for a given mass of material used, or lighter for a given stiffness target. The claimed weight of the frame is indeed quite good.

3. A consequence of the unusually low stack is the bike needs a riser stem to make it rideable by anyone except a pro-yogi. Usually riser stems look terrible. In this case (only my opinion) the design looks considerably less terrible than usual. Chapeau.

I can't wait to read some ride reports. It will be really interesting to hear how this geo affects ride feel. Likely this interesting geo will have much more of an impact on the rider experience than the funny air intake.
^^ this - now manufacturers have to start quoting "stack to bars" and "reach to bars" with these frames - actually Lauf already does this with their bikes. Looks aside, riser stems make a lot of sense.

Aress

by Aress

So no one has actually bought it ?

Renne

by Renne

eucalyptus wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:10 pm
Any bike will feel cool with cool music
No, clearly that's not the case as this video proves :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Aress wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:36 am
So no one has actually bought it ?
I haven’t seen a single Oltre RC in NorCal, not even in a Bianchi dealer.