NEW Trek Emonda ALR 2023

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rhender

by rhender

Yep looks great. That's all I need in a backup/race/travel/winter bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

May as well mention the 105 Di2 model for £2900 as well.

https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/road-bik ... 023-p43512

jfranci3

by jfranci3

You'd end up paying $900 for DI2 only. Doesn't seem like the way to go over the CF frame

Aphideous

by Aphideous

I've ordered this from my local Trek dealer without actually seeing it in store. I'm hoping the colours pop and are just as eye catching as the render implied.

Does anybody have any updates on this model or any photos rather than renders?

I was told by my dealer that it should arrive at the end of December but they also mentioned that Trek have a tendancy to push dates back. Online retailers are saying mid-January.

rhender

by rhender

Aphideous wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:07 pm
I've ordered this from my local Trek dealer without actually seeing it in store. I'm hoping the colours pop and are just as eye catching as the render implied.

I was told by my dealer that it should arrive at the end of December but they also mentioned that Trek have a tendancy to push dates back. Online retailers are saying mid-January.
Do you mind if I ask where you're located? I'm in the US, and I called two of my local Trek dealers last week and they had no information about this model at all. Neither of them even knew there was going to be a 2023 update.

As for your question, yeah Trek has a bad reputation for debuting bikes that take ages to actually get released to customers.
Last edited by rhender on Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaschaUhlig

by SaschaUhlig

I am in Germany and my local Trek dealer gave my kind of the same information but assumed the new modells will more likely arrive in February.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

rhender wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:17 pm

As for your question, yeah Trek has a bad reputation for debuting bikes that take ages to actually get released to customers.

I have ordered three Project One Treks around release day between 2017 and 2019. Each time it only took ~3 weeks for delivery. Trek has a good reputation for having bikes available upon announcement. The pandemic messed that up for everyone.

rhender

by rhender

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:35 pm
rhender wrote:

I have ordered three Project One Treks around release day between 2017 and 2019. Each time it only took ~3 weeks for delivery. Trek has a good reputation for having bikes available upon announcement. The pandemic messed that up for everyone.
Sure I guess I mean they currently have that reputation. I've heard a lot of frustration about the new Madone and Domane specifically.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

rhender wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:54 pm

Sure I guess I mean they currently have that reputation. I've heard a lot of frustration about the new Madone and Domane specifically.

It's been frustrating trying to order any bike. One friend waited 6 months for her 49cm Aethos. Another waited 10 months for a 50cm Project One Emonda SLR.

The Giant Propel and Scott Foil are both vaporware. At least the Madone is trickling out now and my local shop has several Domanes.

morrisond

by morrisond

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:15 pm
May as well mention the 105 Di2 model for £2900 as well.

https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/road-bik ... 023-p43512
How do we know this is the revised one? The tire clearance still says 28C.

Aphideous

by Aphideous

rhender wrote:
Aphideous wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:07 pm

Do you mind if I ask where you're located? I'm in the US, and I called two of my local Trek dealers last week and they had no information about this model at all. Neither of them even knew there was going to be a 2023 update.

I am located in the UK. I spoke to Trek via their chat online, and they said it is a Europe only release. There is also a fully black option.

dmbiscuit

by dmbiscuit

Only ever releasing to Europe? Or just a particular color/build/earlier release date? Would be a bummer not to see it released in north American market.

smartyiak

by smartyiak

Found this:
https://www.sager-2rad.ch/Trek_%C3%89mo ... _Fade.html

Not really any new info, but some additional pics/renderings.

I really like the color and looks. Would purchase! :D

fizzaz

by fizzaz

am located in the UK. I spoke to Trek via their chat online, and they said it is a Europe only release. There is also a fully black option.
Surely it's a temporary thing, but I can't imagine why they'd release abroad before here in the US

Aphideous

by Aphideous

dmbiscuit wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:09 am
Only ever releasing to Europe? Or just a particular color/build/earlier release date? Would be a bummer not to see it released in north American market.
They just said Europe only when I asked (about two weeeks ago). With me being in the UK, I didn't ask if it was a temporary measure or not.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com