NEW Trek Emonda ALR 2023

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

Noticed new listings for a brand new Emonda ALR (renders only at the moment)

Main things to note:

- The all-new frame is lighter and sleeker than previous ALR models and features even cleaner cable routing

- It shares the geometry of our highest-end carbon Émonda racing bikes, and it gives you a ride quality that stands up in every way to far more expensive carbon bikes

- Frame fit: H1.5 Race

T47 Bottom Bracket!!!

https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/road-bik ... 023-p43513

https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/frames-f ... 023-p43514
Emonda ALR Frameset.jpg
Last edited by Knightyboy27 on Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

caballero

by caballero

Looks nice !

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Bottom bracket: Praxis, T47 threaded, internal bearing

Cemicar

by Cemicar

Do they come up with a completely clean cable routing or just omit the cables from the rendering?

Anyway recent Trek is known for announcing something unavailable for a while. Wake me up if somebody ever receives the new Madone or Domane.

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:37 am
Bottom bracket: Praxis, T47 threaded, internal bearing
Perfect. I guess I was just looking at the frame specs!

romanmoser

by romanmoser

No pictures yet
Wich tell me it isn't ready

Wonder if they will go the same direciton of spechialized so called " super bike" allez sprint 2.0 and price :mrgreen:

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

Cemicar wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:55 am

Do they come up with a completely clean cable routing or just omit the cables from the rendering?

Anyway recent Trek is known for announcing something unavailable for a while. Wake me up if somebody ever receives the new Madone or Domane.
It's just the render.

It comes built with the same stem as the new Domane. - https://www.trekbikes.com/gb/en_GB/equi ... p/5274585/
Last edited by Knightyboy27 on Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

romanmoser wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:03 am
No pictures yet
Wich tell me it isn't ready

Wonder if they will go the same direciton of spechialized so called " super bike" allez sprint 2.0 and price :mrgreen:
Pricing is on the website I linked to and is £1,200 for the frameset so quite a bit below the Allez Sprint RRP thankfully.

robertbb

by robertbb

Shut up and take my money!!

rhender

by rhender

I was literally just about to pull the trigger on an Emonda ALR frame to build up as a race/travel bike. But now maybe I should wait?

Things that would get me to wait for this model instead of snagging a previous gen:
- Threaded bb (check!)
- More aggressive geometry (check!)
- (Vain I know but...) a better paint job than that gray/black fade (looks promising)

Things I do not want to see:
- Fully internal cable routing. Semi-internal is perfectly fine. It can be much cleaner than the previous gen without going through the headset. Please.
- A huge price jump to match Specialized's new Allez Sprint. Trek can steal all the crit racers looking for a nice AL frame that they can afford to crash if they don't make it cost $1700+. The current model frame for less than 1200 is such a good price point. I'm sure it will go up some but anything more than 1500 and I'm looking elsewhere.

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

rhender wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:49 pm
- A huge price jump to match Specialized's new Allez Sprint. Trek can steal all the crit racers looking for a nice AL frame that they can afford to crash if they don't make it cost $1700+. The current model frame for less than 1200 is such a good price point. I'm sure it will go up some but anything more than 1500 and I'm looking elsewhere.
The link above has the frameset at £1,200. Currently with the weak pound and strong dollar, many items are being priced at the same amount whether it's in pounds or dollars so your wish may be granted.

fizzaz

by fizzaz

Oh my....

I'm really liking this. T47 and they have a damn winner.

rhender

by rhender

CampagYOLO wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:06 pm
rhender wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:49 pm
The link above has the frameset at £1,200. Currently with the weak pound and strong dollar, many items are being priced at the same amount whether it's in pounds or dollars so your wish may be granted.
Yep I was trying to do some exchange rate maths and just wasn't sure how that would work out but I expect it won't look too bad in USD any way you slice it.

Unfortunately, looking at Knightyboy27's comment, it seems like I didn't get all my wishes granted. Can't have everything I guess.

ABogle

by ABogle

They'll probably ruin it with fully internal cables combined with a nice big price bump so as to put entry level bikes further out of reach.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fizzaz

by fizzaz

I can't see them going with a full integrated system that is different than the carbon Emonda. The semi-integrated cabling is really the best of both worlds.