NEW Trek Emonda ALR 2023

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

Aphideous wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:25 pm
Just an update... My LBS has said my order for the azure coral fade model has been pushed back to mid-feb. I messaged Trek UK on social media and they have confirmed a release date as 27/02/23, but I won't hold my breath :)

I'll be happy as long as it arrives for the summer.

https://trek.scene7.com/is/image/TrekBi ... 00&hei=600
Thankfully the update from Triton is that mine will arrive next week (I've even had the DPD shipping confirmation saying they're awaiting the pickup). I've gone for the Era White but have some other plans for the paintjob.

Sounds like they store stock in a European mainland hub and then ship them to the UK.

Was looking at the various stem options, really wish they would make the new Madone barstem available as that would work on it (you can see on the Madone assembly guide that the Domane stem works on it, which is what is configured on the Di2 version of the Emonda ALR)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

Just spoke with Trek chat, and apparently the new Madone barstem will be available to order and available in mid Jan.

The spacers/bearing cover won't quite perfectly align with the ALR headtube apparently, but it will be "a small aesthetic [thing] that most people wouldn't notice"

Aphideous

by Aphideous

I wonder when Trek will launch it officially online - still can't see anything about it directly from the site. I guess they have different launch dates for the paint variations. I ordered in November.

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

I gotta say, as a huge Specialized fan, Trek killed it with this compared to the Allez. I love my Tarmac but I think I'd go with this over the Allez if I needed an alloy race bike. Better colors, better looks (hate the bulky welds on the Allez), competitive price.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

rhender

by rhender

Still no word on the US-side of things somehow. Very strange that some people have bikes arriving next week and Trek doesn't even have the model on their website yet.

Aphideous

by Aphideous

Trek advised me that it is a Europe only model/colourway

rhender

by rhender

Aphideous wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:59 pm
Trek advised me that it is a Europe only model/colourway
They are not releasing the new ALR in the US at all?

Aphideous

by Aphideous

I believe they meant this model and colourway combination. You can get the azure blue/coral fade on the Project One. Perhaps US will get their own edition?

porttackstart

by porttackstart

The new model is now live on Trek's Japan page. Interesting to see if this will be a limited market bike or not. Converting from yen, appears to be $375 cheaper than equally spec'd SL model. No frameset option but they don't appear to sell any Émonda framesets in Japan. https://www.trekbikes.com/jp/ja_JP/バイク/ ... Code=black

johanalexander

by johanalexander

I'm glad they kept the seatstays proper and not dropped, but now they're stubborn and won't even drop the whole bike?? Come on where is it?
Eating trash'n riding fast

morrisond

by morrisond

porttackstart wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:42 pm
The new model is now live on Trek's Japan page. Interesting to see if this will be a limited market bike or not. Converting from yen, appears to be $375 cheaper than equally spec'd SL model. No frameset option but they don't appear to sell any Émonda framesets in Japan. https://www.trekbikes.com/jp/ja_JP/バイク/ ... Code=black
What is the tire clearance on this one?

Aphideous

by Aphideous

morrisond wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:24 pm
porttackstart wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:42 pm
What is the tire clearance on this one?
28c
Apparently my bike is on track to be delivered at the end of this month.. not holding my breath as it still isn't live on the Trek site.

cerro

by cerro

28c? I mounted a bike earlier this week with 30mm Pirelli's with a lot of space both front and rear :D

Aphideous

by Aphideous

cerro wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:34 pm
28c? I mounted a bike earlier this week with 30mm Pirelli's with a lot of space both front and rear :D
28c is the official line from Trek - But I haven't seen the bike in store to comment on unofficial clearance lol

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Aphideous wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:24 am
cerro wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:34 pm
28c is the official line from Trek - But I haven't seen the bike in store to comment on unofficial clearance lol

Trek's max tire clearance figures are always quite conservative.

Here are 35mm knobby gravel tires on my Madone SLR.

https://i.imgur.com/AHGNoBs.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com