Looking for lighter full integration stem than FSA NS ACR

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

LouisN

by LouisN

Title pretty much sums it.
I'm looking for a lighter setup than the stock one.
Stock stem on the bike is FSA NS ACR at 235 g :evil: .
Anybody has lighter options that fit the same steerer ?

Louis :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ry5n

by ry5n

I’m not an expert but I’ve been doing some similar research so I’ll share what I’ve found:
  • Schmolke has an ICR option with their TLO stem that looks like it may work with the FSA system.
  • I believe Darimo also offers a similar option at least on the Nexum integrated cockpit, but maybe on their stems too.
  • The Farsports F1 cockpit supports this style of routing, and they have transition spacers for a range of bikes. I heard that there may be a new version coming before the end of the year. You could ask them; they’re pretty responsive. The F1 seems to run slightly heavier than claimed but still decent.
  • Deda’s Superbox stem isn’t that light, but at 175 g (claimed) is a bit better than the FSA.
I’d verify compatibility with your LBS or with someone with more experience than me 🍻

robbosmans

by robbosmans

They are all heavy unfortunately. Pro is however releasing a new vibe superlight stem that seems to support integrated cable routing so fingers crossed it does.

https://www.bikeradar.com/news/pro-vibe ... d-cockpit/

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

robbosmans wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:10 am
They are all heavy unfortunately. Pro is however releasing a new vibe superlight stem that seems to support integrated cable routing so fingers crossed it does.

Det interesting part with the new Shimano Pro handlebar is that it is of similar weight as the EXS 150-180 but with normal reach AND internal routing which EXS claims to be total nonsense for super lightweight bars as it weakens the structure.

So if new bar have a +100kg weightlimit, feels stiff with internal routing and doesn't break. Sounds like a winner! Maybe not in the aero category

Wouser

by Wouser

Arc8's stem is sold seperatly and looks pretty interesting
https://www.arc8bicycles.com/equipment/ ... 8-ich-stem
it seems pretty light and not to expensive. you even seem to be able to run the cables external on the bars and enter the cables at the clamp.
Downside seems that you need quite a wide clamp area on you're bars and the effective clamp area seems thin so personally would't try it with ultra light bars.

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

robbosmans wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:10 am

It might only support internal routing for D-shaped steerers. I can't see the under side wiring port that SMR and ACR require
eucalyptus wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:32 am
Det interesting part with the new Shimano Pro handlebar is that it is of similar weight as the EXS 150-180 but with normal reach AND internal routing which EXS claims to be total nonsense for super lightweight bars as it weakens the structure.

So if new bar have a +100kg weightlimit, feels stiff with internal routing and doesn't break. Sounds like a winner! Maybe not in the aero category
The bar is seriously impressive. T1100 and Innegra construction so the bill of materials is definitely not cheap. Pro components in my experience have always been stiff too.

LouisN

by LouisN

Thanks guys :beerchug: .
Many interesting options for all budgets :wink:

LOuis :)

milanv

by milanv

But any awfull and any without good possibility to bike-fit, absence of proprietary spacer heights, etc....

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

I really like that Pro stem. For a bike like SL7, Venge, Treks, etc. the ability to integrate through the bar and then exit at the bottom of the faceplate is slick. Really light for any level of integration, too.

I hope they make similar changes to their aero bar (even lighter, hole for cable exit at stem clamp)

Maddie

by Maddie

I have seen pictures of the updated Farsports F1s cockpit but can't share them yet. Same geometry but additional option to include both electrical and mechanical cables. It's a bit less bulky and Garmin mount has 3 mounting bolts. 370g incl all hardware for 400/110mm option.
Transition spacers for SL7 etc will be available from the start. The 'old' F1 will still be offered in the future.

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

370g is very very heavy. Even more so than "the one pro bar" and much heavier than the new EXS aerover which I believe is in the same price category.

There are also plenty of cheapo bars on Aliexpress hovering around the 370g mark

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

Maddie wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:34 am
I have seen pictures of the updated Farsports F1s cockpit but can't share them yet. Same geometry but additional option to include both electrical and mechanical cables. It's a bit less bulky and Garmin mount has 3 mounting bolts. 370g incl all hardware for 400/110mm option.
Transition spacers for SL7 etc will be available from the start. The 'old' F1 will still be offered in the future.
Any chance it'll have an above steerer routing channel like the Pro Vibe Evo?

LouisN

by LouisN

eucalyptus wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:45 am
370g is very very heavy. Even more so than "the one pro bar" and much heavier than the new EXS aerover which I believe is in the same price category.

There are also plenty of cheapo bars on Aliexpress hovering around the 370g mark
FSA NS ACR stem is 235 g, doubled with Energy ACR bar at 269 g = 505 g :o !!
So I'll take those 130 g savings ! For now Deda option (I like he drop better) and lighter bar (need 36 cm wide !) is the #1 choice, cheapest, most versatile.

Louis :)

robbosmans

by robbosmans

That’s why I just run a normal stem with the cables shrink wrapped underneath. It this this looks fine. When the EXS bar and stem is available in Europe, I will replace it with that one.

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

robbosmans wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:33 pm
That’s why I just run a normal stem with the cables shrink wrapped underneath. It this this looks fine. When the EXS bar and stem is available in Europe, I will replace it with that one.
EXS available in Europe? Will this ever happen

From what I read in the EXS thread it is a one-man company doing everyhing himself, there is no way one person could scale up the business to sell handlebars through European distributors.

The new Shimano Pro gear bar and stem though! wow

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com