Giant Propel 2023

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lightstal

by lightstal

patliean1 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:56 pm
Cross-posting from my fork replacement thread. After 2 months dealing with warranty issues, I finally have a functional Propel again. Best bike I've tested thus far.

Currently running a set of Elite Drive 65D wheels (1488g). Prior to the warranty issues I had Craft Racing Works CS5060 (1301g) wheels which made the Propel feel like a rocketship. But had to swap those wheels to use on my Tavelo Attack :D

Hi I was wondering how the CS5060 would fit on your propel as thats exactly what I plan on getting. Which tyres did you use and what would be the clearance with said tyre! Thanks in advance

patliean1

by patliean1

lightstal wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 10:40 am
patliean1 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:56 pm
Cross-posting from my fork replacement thread. After 2 months dealing with warranty issues, I finally have a functional Propel again. Best bike I've tested thus far.

Currently running a set of Elite Drive 65D wheels (1488g). Prior to the warranty issues I had Craft Racing Works CS5060 (1301g) wheels which made the Propel feel like a rocketship. But had to swap those wheels to use on my Tavelo Attack :D

Hi I was wondering how the CS5060 would fit on your propel as thats exactly what I plan on getting. Which tyres did you use and what would be the clearance with said tyre! Thanks in advance
I did a video on these wheels with my Propel
The front wheel on the CS5060 is pretty unstable in crosswinds and when descendng above 60kph. At least with 28c tires.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eugenechristophe

by eugenechristophe

Hello guys, I need your help.

Recently I put and extra spacer under the stem, but I have this gap between the cap and the frame as you can see.

My question is, how can I cover this gap, adding more torque to the stem cap? I see your headset and all of them are in contact with the frame.

Thanks for your help.
Attachments
20240512_203927.jpg

QuackMD

by QuackMD

eugenechristophe wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 11:12 pm

Recently I put and extra spacer under the stem, but I have this gap between the cap and the frame as you can see.

My question is, how can I cover this gap, adding more torque to the stem cap? I see your headset and all of them are in contact with the frame.

Thanks for your help.
I'll check the gap on mine when I gete home tonight and edit this post, but it looks fine to me. Could it be that the pictures you saw were taken from different angles making it seem smaller?

QuackMD

by QuackMD

I'm looking to replace the SLR wheels that came with my Propel with some Lightbicycle WR50 wheels but I am afraid they might be too wide. They're 25int/32ext and I was wondering if anyone has any experience fitting the WR series or any similarly-sized wheels? Given the pictures posted by Maddie (24int/30ext), they might be right at the limit or slightly over.

HBike

by HBike

eugenechristophe wrote:

Thanks for your help.
Look normal.

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

Similar here
Attachments
IMG_4451.jpeg

QuackMD

by QuackMD

I noticed that the hydraulic hose exit hole on the stem clamp area of the Propel handlebars is angled somewhat downward as opposed to being vertically centered. Can anyone confirm if the Propel can accept handelbars with a vertically centered exit hole or would it conflict with the stem?

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

QuackMD wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 6:42 am
I noticed that the hydraulic hose exit hole on the stem clamp area of the Propel handlebars is angled somewhat downward as opposed to being vertically centered. Can anyone confirm if the Propel can accept handelbars with a vertically centered exit hole or would it conflict with the stem?
I used the speeder cycling handlebars and it's hole was centered IIRC (in combination with the Alu stem)

alanyu

by alanyu

eugenechristophe wrote:

Thanks for your help.
Use 0.5 mm foam tape under the cover

QuackMD

by QuackMD

Eterna7m wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 7:10 am
QuackMD wrote:
I used the speeder cycling handlebars and it's hole was centered IIRC (in combination with the Alu stem)
Thanks for the info! I checked and the hole is indeed centered but somewhat larger than in most other handlebars. Do you remember if the cables were a tight squeeze between the stem and handlebar or were there no problems at all?
Attachments
1000010731.jpg

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

QuackMD wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 7:50 am
Eterna7m wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 7:10 am
QuackMD wrote:
Thanks for the info! I checked and the hole is indeed centered but somewhat larger than in most other handlebars. Do you remember if the cables were a tight squeeze between the stem and handlebar or were there no problems at all?
I can take a picture later. That was no issue during building.

QuackMD

by QuackMD

Are there any other computer mounts available for the Propel except the one from Giant themselves?

EDIT: To answer my own question, Framesandgear makes one that fits.

Speedman

by Speedman

QuackMD wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 10:32 am
Are there any other computer mounts available for the Propel except the one from Giant themselves?

Link please my friend?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

QuackMD

by QuackMD

Speedman wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 7:55 pm
QuackMD wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 10:32 am

Link please my friend?
https://framesandgear.com/products/fram ... s=e&_v=1.0