Giant Propel 2023

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DeeDoubleYou

by DeeDoubleYou

Does anyone know if anyone does a chain suck plate for these?
(I don't mean chain catcher, I mean chain suck...!)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

What other handlebar/stem options would fit Propel?
I simply hate that shape.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

QuackMD

by QuackMD

wheelsONfire wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:21 am
What other handlebar/stem options would fit Propel?
I simply hate that shape.
Anything compatible with Deda DCR or FSA ACR. You can also get a custom handlebar with a hole in the stem clamp area for the cables.

Gary71

by Gary71

The FarSports F1 has a 1.25 steerer option....., you might want to look at them

RadB

by RadB

For the D shape steerer on the propel?

Mindflash

by Mindflash

Anyone mounted cream sidewall tires on black currant coloured Propel? If yea, could you share some photos? Finally burned through OEM tires, will move to 28c which shouls finally match the width of rims.

Overall, 4000km done, I am super happy with the bike. It's fast, stiff but not ruthless, great at cornering. Absolutely no creaks. Wheels are amazing and easy to handle in wind gusts. There are some downsides... hate the freehub sound.. just too loud. Also I find the color/laquered finish very sensitive. It's already scratched at downtube just due to picking and returning watter bottle. Cleaning with new sponge and microfibre cloth.. scratched again. In the end I do not believe I could get a better bike ( Adv 0 Di2 ) for 5400€.

hannawald

by hannawald

I don´t have a Propel (unfortunatelly) but really like its Contact SLR Aero handlebar specs with short reach, aero shaping, internal routing and low weight. Just wonder what the compatibility with other than Giant stems is. 31.8mm diameter should be OK, but not sure about the width of the cable hole. This is how it interacts with my stem and not the whole stem clamping aera will face the solid carbon of the bars. A tiny part is facing the hole. Is the Giant stem somehow wider or it is the same? Many thanks!

Speedman

by Speedman

Can the new Propel run 140mm front disc ?

GrassQ

by GrassQ

Picture of my Giant propel "Advanced 2" MY23
Size M/L frame 1198 g
Fork 420 g
seatpost 190 g

with previous gen da di2 , roval rapide wheels, pro vibe aero, assioma duos 7,65 kg
Now the components are in other bike, and wondering what to do with the frame. I like a lot this bike, and maybe I built it again

damond

by damond

GrassQ wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:36 pm
Picture of my Giant propel "Advanced 2" MY23
Size M/L frame 1198 g
Fork 420 g
seatpost 190 g

with previous gen da di2 , roval rapide wheels, pro vibe aero, assioma duos 7,65 kg
Now the components are in other bike, and wondering what to do with the frame. I like a lot this bike, and maybe I built it again

Nice looking Propel! What's the saddle height?

Kingkay

by Kingkay

A question for those who has lowered their neck on the propel 2023.

Do you have to cut and trim your brake/shifter cables to make it fit into your lowered neck/stem/handle bar?

RadB

by RadB

Depends how much you remove, up to about 25mm can be pushed back down into the steerer and frame, from stock, as the shop did mine. But ideally you'd cut the lines and have it fit properly.

GrassQ

by GrassQ

Saddle height is 77,5 cm.
With exact same components my supersix 4 is about 400 g lighter, the same weight than sl propel +-
When riding I dont feel weight diffrence, supersix is probably little bit comfortable (flexier seat tube) and maybe when riding upphill out of the saddle supersix is little "lively", hard to say.
Very good bike, 42 mm al aerowheels are heavy

Kingkay

by Kingkay

RadB wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:02 pm
Depends how much you remove, up to about 25mm can be pushed back down into the steerer and frame, from stock, as the shop did mine. But ideally you'd cut the lines and have it fit properly.
Thanks for ur reply, so 25mm pushed back didnt cause any issues with brake/shifting cables/functions yea?

Btw R you on mechanical or wireless shifters?

I'm thinking to remove 15mm only so it should be fine I suppose?

RadB

by RadB

Yes wireless. You will prob be ok, maybe check by lowering your stem to the desired height by rearranging existing spacers and see if it works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com