Giant Propel 2023

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Joris818

by Joris818

vsportsguy wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:33 am
coverstem wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:04 am
bobones wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:43 pm
coverstem wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:33 am
The fantastic 4 integrated bar for Giant Propel plug & play:

-Cadex (only for pro team)
-EXS Aerover
-Pro vibe Evo
-Bigrock Skyline
I was wondering about exactly this the other day. Thanks for posting. What is your personal preference?

The Pro Vibe Evo seems to be the most generally available, but it's a bit of an ugly mofo imo. Perhaps it's a grower.

Do these all come with bearing covers and spacers that transition nicely with the Propel frame?
Bigrock Skyline quality/price
Does the Bigrock Skyline come with a d wedge?

I've ordered the Bigrock a couple days ago. When it arrives, I'll report back !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Speedman

by Speedman

Hi everyone,
I know there have been discussions on this subject in other topics but I can't find them... I would like to shave some grams on my ISP system (for my GIANT Prop my23). Anyone know a WW solution? J&L components produce the saddle rail clamp (find on Ebay) but I would like the complete system to maximize the weight saving...
Thanks for your help

joss

by joss

How happy is everybody with their Propel? :)

patliean1

by patliean1

Cross-posting from my fork replacement thread. After 2 months dealing with warranty issues, I finally have a functional Propel again. Best bike I've tested thus far.

Currently running a set of Elite Drive 65D wheels (1488g). Prior to the warranty issues I had Craft Racing Works CS5060 (1301g) wheels which made the Propel feel like a rocketship. But had to swap those wheels to use on my Tavelo Attack :D
Attachments
IMG_1712 2.jpg

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

Great you got it sorted out!

So has anyone else had the issue with the giant stem and it's computer mount, that if you use a Garmin 10xx , it can't really hold its weight and starts to tilt slightly?
I have the screw quite tight but it still moves after some rougher road segments. It's also adjusted to the minimum length wise to reduce the lever.

js

by js

I used the same mount on a TCR, with a Garmin and a light. I found putting some carbon paste into the hinge made a difference and kept the unit from rotating down slighlty over any bigger bumps / potholes / whatever else our roads throw at us.

pino76

by pino76

Speedman wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:37 pm
Hi everyone,
I know there have been discussions on this subject in other topics but I can't find them... I would like to shave some grams on my ISP system (for my GIANT Prop my23). Anyone know a WW solution? J&L components produce the saddle rail clamp (find on Ebay) but I would like the complete system to maximize the weight saving...
Thanks for your help
Contact prichard mathew on Facebook, he can deliver the carbon isp system.
I bought one for my tcr 2023, have not installed it yet, but looks great.

Speedman

by Speedman

Thanks for your nice advice ! How many weight did you shaved ?

chorus88

by chorus88

patliean1 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:56 pm
Cross-posting from my fork replacement thread. After 2 months dealing with warranty issues, I finally have a functional Propel again. Best bike I've tested thus far.

Currently running a set of Elite Drive 65D wheels (1488g). Prior to the warranty issues I had Craft Racing Works CS5060 (1301g) wheels which made the Propel feel like a rocketship. But had to swap those wheels to use on my Tavelo Attack :D
I enjoyed your video @ YT.
The amount of money you spent, Giant CS should have treated you better.
In the end, you finally have your complete Propel. :thumbup:
Brand Warranty is important in 2024
When Technology Becomes Emotion
2023 Tarmac SL7 Expert R8100 (90622-3352)

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

patliean1 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:56 pm

Very much enjoying your YouTube channel too 🙏
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

patliean1

by patliean1

CustomMetal wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:58 pm
chorus88 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:40 pm
Thanks! The entire experience was a learning lesson for sure. And I suppose a 2 month turn-around isn't terrible, especially in the winter time. This was my first time ever dealing with any sort of warranty. Of course it had to be on my most expensive bike LoL

Moving forward if I decide (or can afford) to keep reviewing premium brands, I'll just make sure to have them built at a professional bike shop. According to my research and conversations with pro bike mechanics, a frame warranty would not be at risk of being voided as long as the bike is built by a certifed professsional. This is regardless of whether or not said mechanic is working at shop that is also an authorized dealer. However, warranty claims would still need to go through authorized dealers.

Please let correct me if any of this is inaccurate.

MagicShite

by MagicShite

patliean1 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:27 pm
CustomMetal wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:58 pm
chorus88 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:40 pm
Thanks! The entire experience was a learning lesson for sure. And I suppose a 2 month turn-around isn't terrible, especially in the winter time. This was my first time ever dealing with any sort of warranty. Of course it had to be on my most expensive bike LoL

Moving forward if I decide (or can afford) to keep reviewing premium brands, I'll just make sure to have them built at a professional bike shop. According to my research and conversations with pro bike mechanics, a frame warranty would not be at risk of being voided as long as the bike is built by a certifed professsional. This is regardless of whether or not said mechanic is working at shop that is also an authorized dealer. However, warranty claims would still need to go through authorized dealers.

Please let correct me if any of this is inaccurate.
LMAO what the heck is a certified Professional?

Most mechanics I know don't even follow their brand's dealer's manuals.

bedampft

by bedampft

MagicShite wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:53 pm

In the developed world there is a thing called a craftsmann. These people had to go under a several year long training in their choosen trait, in this case as a bike mechanic. Certifeid by the chamber of craft, and as such you are legaly allowed to work on bikes, for repairs and service. The training on job, and in school, is standardised to make sure there is a comparable skill level, so every professional bikemechanic is capable to work in a bikeshop. And customers can be sure all service and repair is safely executed.

As such, it is also illegal to work as a bikemechanic without a certification as a craftsmann, or as you might call it "professional".

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

bedampft wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:16 pm
MagicShite wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:53 pm

As such, it is also illegal to work as a bikemechanic without a certification as a craftsmann, or as you might call it "professional".
Not in the US. Anybody can work as a bike mechanic. I stopped going to a shop because the mechanic was terrible and didn't have any training whatsoever. I'm sure shops would rather you have some kind of training or certification but it's not a requirement to be a shop mechanic.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bedampft

by bedampft

That's why I typed "developed world" :P