New Cycliq Fly12 Coming Soon

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jlok

by jlok

Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

jlok

by jlok

A short test ride video from Japan
https://youtu.be/xYsUYcPiYkw
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

GP Lama out with a fairly positive review of the new Fly12. Slightly shrunken in size and a significant weight drop (from 196g to 150g). Video looks good when you remember it's not a full-fledged action camera. Only thing I would have liked to have seen were more tests on the running time of the Fly12 in flashing and pulse lighting modes. Those weren't done at all since Shane doesn't like to ride using those modes. Hey, his video, his rules. :)

Interesting bit at the end where Cycliq's infamous customer service issues were addressed. Not solved, but addressed. Will be interseting to see if anyone has better dealings with them the next time they have an issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-e-8ng-psU

goodboyr

by goodboyr

I've done 3 rides with mine, all on low pulse (fine for daylight rides) plus 1440 resolution. It looks like the battery specs are as stated. I was at about 60% battery left after a 2.5 hour ride. As well, very happy with the video for the purpose. Clear, more than enough resolution to see details and the stabilization works nicely. I am using an ENVE stem, and the ENVE Garmin mount with the universal GoPro type adapter underneath and its is a great setup.

NickB

by NickB

The cheap cameras all have one big issue. Chilli, Akaso etc. Batteries are cheap, easy to change on a ride BUT: The settings are in RAM, not on chip, so changing battery messes up date, resolution etc. I have a cheap Akaso, does the job but have to use power pack (or clever front light) to charge on the go, but cannot do this in waterproof cover. Considering the 29 quid Aldi/Bikemate rear camera can do four hours can someone not just sort this out? Reliabilty of the expensive ones seems at best pachy.
PS. Scottish police are trying to do away with their portal for uploading video....costs. We Are Cycling are covering it. Complain here

https://action.cyclinguk.org/page/11669 ... king.id=TW

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

Anyone else purchased this and have reviews or can confirm the specs on it so far as battery performance is concerned? So far just goodboyr. Seriously considering replacing my previous Fly12 with this one if the battery life improvements are real.

sumant28

by sumant28

battery life isn't a game changer but the battery indicator definitely is. I don't ride more than about three hours and charge every ride but in terms of feel it is a small improvement