EXS Aerover Cockpit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I ordered mine from Ali instead of direct and it came quickly...no nice retail packaging though.

360x140mm compact = 306g (w/o top cap and 1-1/8" shim.)

The lateral flex in the drops is pretty noticeable however. Unsure of whether this will be an actual problem for me on the bike.

C36

by C36

Interesting,
On the farsport f1, the flex is very clear in the hoods (more torsion stress) and not so present on the drops (more subject to flexion than torsion)… the beauty of carbon anisotropy.

We are in subjective territory but it puts in perspective the « stiffness data » few Chinese brands present (recall the EXs was presented as stiffer than the vision 5d).

Nevertheless, it’s a very interesting bar, from geometry stand point!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alanyu

by alanyu

C36 wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:41 pm
Interesting,
On the farsport f1, the flex is very clear in the hoods (more torsion stress) and not so present on the drops (more subject to flexion than torsion)… the beauty of carbon anisotropy.

We are in subjective territory but it puts in perspective the « stiffness data » few Chinese brands present (recall the EXs was presented as stiffer than the vision 5d).

Nevertheless, it’s a very interesting bar, from geometry stand point!
I can't speak about the compact one but my traditional one does have lateral flex around the drops. In EXS test protocal, they didn't test lateral stiffness. Neither did FWB test lateral stiffness. :noidea:

So far among the aero bar I've used, 3T aeroflux is the most stiff one regarding the lateral direction around the drops due to their dimension. The od of EXS drops is around 23.5mm, while that of 3T drops is around 24mm, but the thickness is identical, though EXS has a much smoother and cleaner inside. Simple physics as 3T od is at the limit of the hoods clamp to offer the stiffness....

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I guess we should also clarify that the drops themselves are probably fairly stiff. The flex/deflection is primarily occurring at the elbow of the tops.

C36

by C36

TobinHatesYou wrote:
The lateral flex in the drops is pretty noticeable however. Unsure of whether this will be an actual problem for me on the bike.
By lateral mean “left right” or “up down”?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

C36 wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:41 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:
By lateral mean “left right” or “up down”?
Effectively I can squeeze each drop over 1mm inward. The flex is not in the drops themselves…the tops are bowing.

MarkH14

by MarkH14

Does anyone know when these compact handlebars will be available?
Can't they also be bought somewhere other than the official website?
The seller wrote to me that they will probably be available sometime after the summer holidays.
I would need them in the size of 380 x 110 mm.
Thank you very much. Mark.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

MarkH14 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:04 am
The seller wrote to me that they will probably be available sometime after the summer holidays.

I bought mine from AliExpress with no delays other than confirming which headset cover I wanted included.

slippy

by slippy

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:08 am
MarkH14 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:04 am

I bought mine from AliExpress with no delays other than confirming which headset cover I wanted included.
Got a link to the Aliexpress site? Can't seem to find them when I search. Thanks!

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

slippy wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:27 pm
]

Got a link to the Aliexpress site? Can't seem to find them when I search. Thanks!

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804980300213.html

Unfortunately it looks like they bumped the price by US$100 since I bought mine.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Are these genuine exs products btw? Not implying they are not just wondering as AliExpress is known for fakes.

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

Nice looking bar, but... £425.... is not miles off from where you'd expect to see Trek or Specialized to price their wares. Getting pricey.

alanyu

by alanyu

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:59 pm
Are these genuine exs products btw? Not implying they are not just wondering as AliExpress is known for fakes.

Basso Diamante eps 12
They are genuine. So far there is no copy of farsports products and EXS products in China.

MarkH14

by MarkH14

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:02 pm
slippy wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:27 pm
]

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804980300213.html

Unfortunately it looks like they bumped the price by US$100 since I bought mine.
That price is already really high on Aliexpress!
Unfortunately, it doesn't even offer the 380/110 combination I need.

slippy

by slippy

I'm looking at getting the EXS because I'm still waiting for my new Trek bar since the recall. It's scheduled to arrive in May, which is a bit late. The EXS bar would also be 380 instead of 400, with the hope of some aero gains. The price is holding me back though, especially as I'll end up with the Trek bar eventually.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com