EXS Aerover Cockpit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

njleach

by njleach

LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:00 am
njleach wrote:
LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:50 pm
Do they come with spacers for the Supersix EVO or do you have to ask?
If you are referring to the new 4th gen evo, not yet. They are apparently due to receive the 4th gen evo next month, which will allow them to make spacers specifically for that frame
I mean the 3rd gen. Do you have to ask them specifically for it? I was going to order directly from exs-cycling.com, but I didn’t see any way to specify what bike it’s for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Once you place your order, Billy from EXS will email you and confirm what bike you will be installing it on, and then (presumably) include any relevant spacers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

Got two bars in today 380x100 and 380x100
Likely selling of the 380x100 as I ride now the farsport f1 400x100 and it looks as if the farsports are comparable in length to a 110 aerover. Mentioned already earlier the farsports seems to size longer then advertised. Will check once fitted if reach has increased
9F01ABCB-AFA6-4F99-9330-671CF3A25042.jpeg

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Bad news...

The Aerover internal routing ports are located way too close to the brake hose assembly on Rival AXS or new Force AXS shifters. You must severely kink the hose to connect it to the lever, so much that the outer jacket will visibly fold/wrinkle and I'm sure the white inner liner will be damaged. I would consider this configuration dangerous to ride as the brake hose will eventually leak/rupture.
Attachments
BE48B424-5C59-4E83-85EC-38F0B126EE07.jpeg

njleach

by njleach

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:42 am
Bad news...

The Aerover internal routing ports are located way too close to the brake hose assembly on Rival AXS or new Force AXS shifters. You must severely kink the hose to connect it to the lever, so much that the outer jacket will visibly fold/wrinkle and I'm sure the white inner liner will be damaged. I would consider this configuration dangerous to ride as the brake hose will eventually leak/rupture.
That doesn't look too safe. I hope the routing isn't this bad with Shimano 12sp!

johnsogr

by johnsogr

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Bad news...

Yea I had the same thing. You going to return them? I was considering filing down part of the shifter allowing the line to move upward as it doesn’t provide any structural value.

alanyu

by alanyu

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Bad news...

This is a simialr issue with my traditional aerover with R9100. I filled down the hole to allow the shifting cable to route a bit smoother.

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

Someone should really email them to ask to move the hole 1cm or so back. Should not be that hard of a change to do.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Ive sent them the link to this thread.

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Maddie

by Maddie

I agree that doesn't look safe. No problem with R9270/R8170 shifters though

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

Maddie wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:42 pm
I agree that doesn't look safe. No problem with R9270/R8170 shifters though
Good to hear. Will see on Friday when my farsport gets swapped

johnsogr

by johnsogr

Billy and his “engineer” are aware of the problem and essentially said they’ll get back to me. We’ll see what happens…

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

Fitted the bar today. Test tomorrow on a 3h ride. Hopefully it works out as the mechanic cut the bar a bit to short (didn't notice that lower stack of the aerover compared to the farsport) so reverting back to the farsport will be challenging 😂
IMG_2163.jpeg

njleach

by njleach

That's a stunning looking ride @wickedstealthy 👌🏼

nunokas

by nunokas

wickedstealthy wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:41 pm
Fitted the bar today. Test tomorrow on a 3h ride. Hopefully it works out as the mechanic cut the bar a bit to short (didn't notice that lower stack of the aerover compared to the farsport) so reverting back to the farsport will be challenging 😂

IMG_2163.jpeg
Beautiful :thumbup:

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

njleach wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:22 am
That's a stunning looking ride @wickedstealthy 👌🏼
Thx. If the handlebar is good then I will use it on my ordered sse4 and will finally be able to send my canyon Endurace to Spain. After 40k good service soms July 2019 it's time to move it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com