EXS Aerover Cockpit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

johnsogr

by johnsogr

So I went ahead and Dremeled my SRAM Rival AXS levers to allow an easier entry for the brakeline into the bar. I did this after consulting a contact I have at SRAM, who although they did NOT like the idea, they indicated that where I planned to Dremel was not "structural."
IMG_2493.jpeg
IMG_2494.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alanyu

by alanyu

Someone else's hand work on Aerover
1.jpg

johnsogr

by johnsogr

Oh man that would make me nervous drilling into the bar itself - did EXS do it?

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

This is all strikes me as extremely suboptimal. If I were to mod anything, I guess shifters is a better choice than drilling the bar, but in either case I would argue this just isn't warranted. Maybe that part of the shifter is not structural, but you have voided the warranty, and this is not a cheap part.

It's a dumb design error (EXS probably just did not check compatibility with SRAM), and it needs to be fixed by the manufacturer. In the meantime - use other bars!

alanyu

by alanyu

johnsogr wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 5:36 pm
Oh man that would make me nervous drilling into the bar itself - did EXS do it?
No, it's the rider himself doing it. I also filed down 0.5~1 mm on my traditional Aerover, or the shifting cable will bend too much (R9100). I contacted EXS before doing that, and they confirmed that I can file down it 1 mm. There is more than enough headroom regarding the strength for a normal rider without crazy sprint power like 1500 W. You may contact them to check if it is safe for your weight/power/riding style

johnsogr

by johnsogr

aeroisnteverything wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 5:41 pm
This is all strikes me as extremely suboptimal. If I were to mod anything, I guess shifters is a better choice than drilling the bar, but in either case I would argue this just isn't warranted. Maybe that part of the shifter is not structural, but you have voided the warranty, and this is not a cheap part.

It's a dumb design error (EXS probably just did not check compatibility with SRAM), and it needs to be fixed by the manufacturer. In the meantime - use other bars!
Couldn’t agree more, but for some reason I’m desperate to make it work, can’t explain it. I think what I did with the shifters is safe, and I suppose I’m not too worried about the warranty. Hope they can fix it for the next generation of bars.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

If they are aware they will probably come out with a v2 version soon. It’s unfortunate but its still a startup after all

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

robbosmans wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 6:09 pm
If they are aware they will probably come out with a v2 version soon. It’s unfortunate but its still a startup after all
But they work perfect with shimano. Not bending and super clean.
Very well made. The spacers and topcap are better fitting then the original Colnago topcap and spacer. Also the reducer sleeve had the half moon built in so could that plastic thingy for the d shape fork. Fitted perfect and better then the half moon. Very impressed with this bar. Also very stiff on my Colnago
Will be cool to see how they integra the filler pieces for the new cannondale sse4

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

robbosmans wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 6:09 pm

At least part of the problem is the design of the Rival/Force AXS levers/fittings themselves. The assembly is very long and runs the length of the body while also pointing slightly downward. It makes de rigueur tilted in levers hard to setup on any bars.

MarkH14

by MarkH14

Also check out other integrated handlebars from China here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=172220&p=1794215#p1794215

RockC

by RockC

Anyway you can show a view from the top? Want this bar but don't want to cut my steerer tube yet... curious how the fit and finish looks without the top cap..
wickedstealthy wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:41 pm
Fitted the bar today. Test tomorrow on a 3h ride. Hopefully it works out as the mechanic cut the bar a bit to short (didn't notice that lower stack of the aerover compared to the farsport) so reverting back to the farsport will be challenging 😂

IMG_2163.jpeg

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

RockC wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:39 am
Anyway you can show a view from the top? Want this bar but don't want to cut my steerer tube yet... curious how the fit and finish looks without the top cap..
wickedstealthy wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:41 pm
Fitted the bar today. Test tomorrow on a 3h ride. Hopefully it works out as the mechanic cut the bar a bit to short (didn't notice that lower stack of the aerover compared to the farsport) so reverting back to the farsport will be challenging 😂

IMG_2163.jpeg
IMG_2187.jpeg
IMG_2187.jpeg (119.06 KiB) Viewed 1704 times

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Received my EXS Aerover today, instead of 380x120, they (Aliexpress shop, not EXS) sent me 380x110 :roll: Anyway, another datapoint, the weight is pretty impressive, 304g (excluding any spacers and topcap).
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

It's a very nice bar but I find it a bit flexi. Don't have experience with a lot of integrated bars but they feel considerably more flexible then my alu stem carbon bar on my canyon. Curious how the new Momo bar will feel on the new cannondale soon. I would change if they would produce a stiffer version at the expense of weight

mathias720

by mathias720

i have been working on some different mounting options for both garmin and wahoo computer for the exs aerover bars.
i have made a lightweight design which is which is 18-19 grams (including mounting screws)
and an aero option for the wahoo roam v2 which is 32 grams including mounting hardware (will be lighter in the future)
IMG_2981.JPG
IMG_2982.JPG
IMG_2979.JPG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com